Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Re: Post ANY question's here.

Post by shugo_lover »

I second this motion.
Also, I wanted to ask if anyone will be performing in anything this Christmas?
[/quote]

I just got back from my Christmas concert {I was singing in choir}
Are audience sucked though. For are last song we were supposed to have the crowd sing Christmas carols with us, but they didn't. If they did you couldn't hear them.
Kaori wrote:I dont want to.
Me neither, but I guess we have to figure it out sometime. I'm still in the process of trying to figure it out.

Also yesh. I believe there is life out there. Things like UFOS? Nah thing more like from Star Trek XD That's what I like to believe.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I believe in illegal aliens but thats about it, does anyone here besides me celebrate noche buena?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Kaori wrote:does anyone here besides me celebrate noche buena?
my religion doesn't let me TT_TT, does anyone here believe in phantoms?
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

I think there might be something like that out there phantoms exactly I don't know.

Does anyone know if Area 51 is real or not?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

It's real but its only a militar investigation zone, where they test their weapons and stuff, nothing out of this world really, the rumors about the ''Area 51'' and aliens in there and stuff that we aren't prepared yet it's just a lie, its location is in a desert zone in U.S.A. but i don't know wich one exactly, but yeah, it's just a militar test area, if you have another questions about the area 51 or another ''unknow by the people'' things PM me
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Shiori wrote:I think there might be something like that out there phantoms exactly I don't know.

Does anyone know if Area 51 is real or not?
It's real but it's not really called area 51 it's called area 48 or something stupid. I don't remember exactly >.<

Kaori wrote:I believe in illegal aliens but thats about it, does anyone here besides me celebrate noche buena?
What holiday is that?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

It's a XMas holiday, i think it's the 24 in the night
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Yeah. Translated as "Good Night" in Spanish, it's a holiday celebrating the night before Christmas.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

So in other words it's like Christmas eve?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

shugo_lover wrote:So in other words it's like Christmas eve?
Even though there's certain key differences between the "American" Christmas Eve and the "Spanish" Nochebuena (the way it's celebrated and the importance given to it as a tradition), yeah, it's basicly the same...a holiday celebrating the night before Christmas indeed.
Also, even though the translation would indeed be "Good Night" (or "Night Good", for a direct and dull one), i wouldn't refer to it that way in english, because it totally sounds like what you tell someone right before they're going to sleep O_<; I'd call it instead "The Good Night" or simply "Nochebuena" without translating it. And in case you're wondering, the proper and real translation for "Good Night" in spanish (the Good Night you use when someone is going to sleep) is "Buenas Noches".

Anyways, yeah, i celebrate Nochebuena too >3>
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

How can a guy score with a lesbian and turn her Bi?
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I'd like to know the answer to that question also.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

-Aeon- wrote:How can a guy score with a lesbian and turn her Bi?
fool her with a loli trap, it worked for me thats why I only like guys who look like girls or feminine guys(I dont like the gay guys over here in my country though).
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Not just any guy can do that...but luckily I am that guy. And how do I accomplish said-task? Well thats easy.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

a wig?
Why do mexicans pronounce "we" as "wee"?
"This isn't America, Señor Marston.Wee are poor. Kindness must take a different form."
— Vincente de Santa
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kaori wrote:Why do mexicans pronounce "we" as "wee"?
HEY >;( I know you're just curious, but still, i felt a slight hint of racism with that kind of question >_>;

And that's simply because of differences involving the languages spoken, the accent, the kind of "tone" of words we're accostumed to hear and say, etc...not much different to why British people are so "fancy" with words, or for example, say "colour" with such "u" added to the sound, and not just a plain "color".
For us mexicans, the english "we" sounding translates as a "wi", sound for us. If we (lol), in our common voice and speaking, try to say "we", it'll come out as a "weh" for you english speakers...so as we can't say it with that tone, we say it with another tone that sounds like a "wi" for us. And that tone, which sounds like the english "we" for us, sounds like a "wee" for you.....Yeah...freaking hard to explain through text alone >_>;
But in short...when we say the english "we", we say it as we say the spanish sound "wi", which you english-speakers identify as a "wee". And why we don't simply pronounce the english "we"? Because we don't have that kind of tone in our language, and due to the kind of voice and accent we're accostumed to and speak with every day, we end up "slurring" the sound a little. Language and accent difference, simple as that.

And there are ALOT of differences between languages just like that. Just hear a Russian, a French, or a Chinese speak in english, and you'll notice pronounciation differences of the very same kind...same word and meaning, but it sounds very different than the way a native english speaker would say it.
Or simply, back at spanish...the word "Mexico" itself. We mexicans pronounce it like "Mejico/Mehico" (which is actually the original and real way to say it), while in english and in several other foreign languages, it's pronounced like "Meksico".
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

sorry then I heard it being spoken like that for the first time, the only movie about mexico I saw was nacho libre.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kaori wrote:sorry then I heard it being spoken like that for the first time, the only movie about mexico I saw was nacho libre.
While we're at this, and given you're quite a Red Dead Redemption fan, then let me tell you...the spanish/mexican language used in the game is EXTREMELY ACCURATE with the REAL language we use over here...somewhere around 95 to 100% accurate and real, i'd say. The words used, the way they're spoken, the kind of accent in which they say it, even the insults and swear words, and all the "sexual" remarks...it's ALL PERFECT. Hell, the whole thing with Reyes and the "Viva Mexico" REALLY sounds like they came in here during some celebration (such like Independence Day), went to a plaza and directly recorded all the people saying it XDD I'm ALMOST sure those voices were made by actual spanish speakers (born in Mexico or Latin America at least)...and if they don't and they are actually native english speakers...then i applaud them greatly because they did a PERFECT work, perhaps even better than i could've done it!! XD

This is one of the things i really loved about RDR...how perfect they were with our language, how it really feels like you're in Mexico, and you're not just hearing english people who think they're good at spanish (they might be fluent...but the difference in accent and pronouncing is really big, no matter how fluent they are). Of course, i love RDR as a whole and for MANY things other than just this language thing...but, i don't think anything else surprised me AS MUCH as this did.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

I forgot what means BTW can anyone tell me what is BTW?
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

BTW means by the way.