The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

CirilloPrimo

Re: The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

Post by CirilloPrimo »

I thoroughly enjoyed this game! But did anyone notice the other PC in the field are always the Boarhead guys and squirrel chicks???
and repetition of goblins and mushrooms gets annoying at times lol
After lvl 70 it gets easy xD
I think it was a good game, would be better for a side game not the final game of the whole franchise though...
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, the limited model selection is pretty annoying. I don't know about it as a "side game", did you actually understand it? It's a pretty epic tie-together of all the mysteries .hack has accumulated up till now, and flows directly into the movie...
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Kuukai wrote:Yeah, the limited model selection is pretty annoying. I don't know about it as a "side game", did you actually understand it? It's a pretty epic tie-together of all the mysteries .hack has accumulated up till now, and flows directly into the movie...
Yeah I did. I've beaten it twice (once originally) and second cause my mem stick got formatted :(
I called it a side game cause I'm just sad the games will end here...
But whining about it won't change anything so oh well lol
-A-

Post by -A- »

i know this is off topic but have any of you guys seen the terminal disk for .hack//G.U. vol.4 :o?you probably alrdy seen it but i kinda just found out about it(been up to my eye ballz in homework D:)so does that mean they really gonna make vol.4?
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

-A- wrote:i know this is off topic but have any of you guys seen the terminal disk for .hack//G.U. vol.4 :o?you probably alrdy seen it but i kinda just found out about it(been up to my eye ballz in homework D:)so does that mean they really gonna make vol.4?
I highly doubt they're gonna make another GU game....
They finished the story in Redemption and wrapped things up in Returner and in Trilogy
If they were to make such a game it would tarnish GU's name
Besides I don't think Haseo's parents can take anymore "SKEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITH!" or "OOOOOOVAAAAAAAN!"
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

-A-, that really is quite off topic. This thread is related to people who got the .hack//Link game, so please do not bring off topic subjects in here like that.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

-A- wrote:i know this is off topic but have any of you guys seen the terminal disk for .hack//G.U. vol.4 :o?you probably alrdy seen it but i kinda just found out about it(been up to my eye ballz in homework D:)so does that mean they really gonna make vol.4?
What are you talking about? There's no such thing... The whole terminal disc is unlocked by the first three volumes...
-A-

Post by -A- »

CirilloPrimo wrote:
I highly doubt they're gonna make another GU game....
They finished the story in Redemption and wrapped things up in Returner and in Trilogy
If they were to make such a game it would tarnish GU's name
Besides I don't think Haseo's parents can take anymore "SKEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITH!" or "OOOOOOVAAAAAAAN!"

lmao come on come on come on...SKEEEEith :o
meanwhile *haseo gets shot by ovans data drain*
Haseo:OVAAAAAAAAAN
such lol moments :>
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Again, what are you talking about?
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Maybe you think that the Terminal Disk itself is Vol.4? There is no such thing coming out? If anything, the Terminal Disk was our Liminality for G.U.
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

I got Hack//link and man, I didn't understand a single event, in the oppening there are chars of R2 playing karaoke after this haseo and alkaid pkers and every thing in japanese ushaushausha I am really lOst! hahahaha

But the game seems very funny, I like the childsh graphics

HugsS
.Pato
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's because the opening bleeds The World into real places in Tokyo, so those characters became idols in Akiba. In my opinion it reflects both the shattering of the boundary between real and virtual in the game's story, and also the fact that this game is portable so you can take The World with you to all of these places. But it's weird since when this game came out the iconic station was under renovation and street performances were still prohibited in the wake of the Akihabara massacre. Didn't really look like that...

And they made Hachiko into Aura...

In other .hack Tokyo news, they're throwing a Quantum pre-party at the Loft Plus One. I hate that place. It is SMALL. I've been there twice, the first time it was jam-packed and I couldn't see and the other time I was turned away at the door it was so full. Good for punk, bad for .hack fan events in Japan's largest city...
khman145

Post by khman145 »

Got .hack//Link a few days ago. I love it so far. Just Posaune for the second time. I don't get all the hate the story gets though, but maybe it's because I'm not that picky...

Btw can anyone explain F-skits to me? I don't get that feature...
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, I think it's a great story.

Depending on the combination of characters you assign to a room, you will unlock various F-skits which are usually just entertaining conversations. Once you see them once you can replay them. They're basically there as a bonus. In case you didn't think 100 levels with full voiceacting was enough, you have like 300 text-based F-skits. Some might add a little closure, and some have people from different generations interacting for the first time. The Helba and Keyaki one is hilarious. At the end Tokio says something like, "Oh, I see, they're #&*^!!"
khman145

Post by khman145 »

Thanks for the reply ^^ My kanji knowledge is very limited though so I don't get much out of them... But I understand pretty much everything in the voiced scenes.
I am now on the third G.U event and loving this game more and more :D

Also what are the requierments to unlock Cubia? Can't wait to use him. Also did they change Bear's va? Cause I think his voice is horrible now :?
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Its the same Bear is voiced by his original actor Kazuhiro Nakata. For the second question, Cubia is available after you beat the game. You need two Chrono Chips to unlock the scenario.

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The G.U. arc is probably the best of the "retold" parts, it perfectly compliments the original in a new and creative way (esp. considering all the other retellings)

I actually agree Bear sounds really weird, but it might be the compression. Iirc the same applied to Taihaku...
khman145

Post by khman145 »

Either that or it'e because he haven't voiced Bear in a long time...
khman145

Post by khman145 »

Defeated the last boss today :D Loved the game from start to finish. Now to do more sidequests and unlock more partners.

I've read that you can't rechallenge the members of Shicksal... Does this apply to all unike bosses, like Skeith?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You fight him like three times, but otherwise no. If you haven't fought him in ZERO you can still do that.