Why didn't they dub .hack//Trilogy?

Tack

Why didn't they dub .hack//Trilogy?

Post by Tack »

This seems to be a nasty habit, I've seen lately with the Anime companies and I like Japanese subs and all, but I also put on a series sometimes just to listen to it while doing something as background noise.

But once again, isn't this driving AWAY fans? At least with the new Golgo 13 they bother to dub the damn thing and quite well I might add.

Especially related movies like Eureka Seven and the Trilogy.

Just asking.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Why didn't they dub .hack//Trilogy?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Most anime fans don't like dubs. Mostly because most dubs suck tremendous amounts of ass.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I wish people would stop complaining about them not dubbing TRILOGY. It's still a good movie regardless, and besides, I'd rather have Haseo's Japanese VA (he's like one of two characters that sounds better in Japanese, I still have to plug my ears whenever I hear Atoli or Kuhn in the movie).
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I'm pretty sure they talked about this a little at the New York Anime Fair last year. I think it was mainly budget considerations, or getting ahold of the cast. Ack, I can explain a lot better why it's not on Blu-ray...
AtoliXHaseo

Post by AtoliXHaseo »

There no point. They try reducing a 90 hour movie into a 2 hour. It pretty bad storywise.

But I love the CG though. It the only reason to watch the movie and you don't need a dub for that.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

AtoliXHaseo wrote:There no point. They try reducing a 90 hour movie into a 2 hour. It pretty bad storywise.

But I love the CG though. It the only reason to watch the movie and you don't need a dub for that.
Those estimates...confuse me.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Lol 90 hours.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
AtoliXHaseo wrote:There no point. They try reducing a 90 hour movie into a 2 hour. It pretty bad storywise.

30 hours x 3 games, although it isn't like most of the game is cutscene. A lot of it is reading though, so there is a lot being lost...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:
_Tri-edge_ wrote:

30 hours x 3 games, although it isn't like most of the game is cutscene. A lot of it is reading though, so there is a lot being lost...
Like trying to jam 20 episodes into a movie and have it make sense?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

To say nothing of CUTTING OUT ALL THE GAMEPLAY.