Massive Spoiler Thread

Advent_Winter

Re: Massive Spoiler Thread

Post by Advent_Winter »

Wow. That's surprisingly cool to me.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...sorry, but whenever I see "yuusha" I think of the Brave weapons from Fire Emblem XD

Also, 6 years before LINK... wouldn't that be right around the time R:2 was made? I guess good AIDA's been around for a lot longer than we thought...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Also, 6 years before LINK... wouldn't that be right around the time R:2 was made? I guess good AIDA's been around for a lot longer than we thought...
Well, AIDA itself has existed since the R.A. Project days, as the random bugs and anomalies found in several games and the internet in general...the black dots, mainly. So, AIDA has existed since that long, and since the very beginning, AIDA was "good", not intending to do harm and just willing to satisfy it's curiosity and learn as much as it could about whatever it could. Then Tri-Edge appeared, learned about humans and wanted to study them in an "aggressive" way, and that's where the "evil" AIDA appeared, but as it did, some other AIDA, of the very same kind that Tri-Edge and the others, but not as connected to them, remained as good, and learned about "nicer" things, love and etc, like AIKA. So yeah, the "good" AIDA has existed since AIDA itself exists, and they were all good AIDA, it's just that some of them took a different, violent path.

Something makes me think this one game wasn't released to the public, because of AIKA...she was an anomaly in the game, after all, they detected her, tried to fix such anomaly, and it was too much for them, so they never released the game, and AIKA just went to look for another game in Google or something. Or probably joined Facebook, something like that.

But i has a question:
Does "AIKA" has some meaning, such like AIDA? AIDA is "Artificial Intelligence Data Anomaly"...so is AIKA is something like "Artificial Intelligence Known Anomaly" or something? Or that's just the name this AI girl gave herself or obtained somehow, and it doesn't really mean anything? Also, does she call herself "AIKA", or she's referred to others as that instead?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

AIKA's appearance, personality, and experiences are shaped by her connection to Saika. AIDA + Saika = AIKA.
Narase

Post by Narase »

I do recall in-game she first introduces herself to Tokio as "AIKA"...so...yes she does call herself that...
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Apparently, most of us knew what .hack//X'over actually was before the game even came out.

For those who remember before the game's release, Kuukai had released translations for the magazine scans, indicating that there would be quite a few "crossover" events involving the characters. Turns out, all of that actually IS .hack//X'over.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Finally beat this thing. First I was in Japan, then I was just lazy. Also it's like 50 hours if you play all the pre-finish levels, which I did not expect. Still playing the postgame but I'm less afraid of spoilers. A decent amount of stuff here seems wrong anyway, so I'm not too worried anymore. I for one really liked the ending, though I feel really, really stupid for not figuring out earlier why Tokio wanted to be like a gear, I was wondering that since the Maze of the Final End...

Actually, the reason AIKA looks like Saika is because Saika looks like Ayaka, and Jyotaro made Akashic Line. That was what I thought when I played the game, and New Testament confirms that he based it on his beloved aunt without even realizing it. (Are people confused about Saika vs. Ayaka? Was that what the age conversation was about?) That's probably also the reason for the similar name. Additionally, AIKA as we know her was born long after Akashic Line was closed down, right after Returner. The AIDA wandered the far reaches of the internet and found the game. By this point Saika was investigating Jyotaro's disappearance, and while analyzing Akashic Line's technology she discovered AIKA.
AuraTwilight wrote:She's called Death Queen Aura, and AIKA specifically says that she's giving up her life to take Aura down, as it's either that or vaccinating her, which was impossible.
Uh, did you actually play the game? The vaccine worked for sure, the virus was gone, but Aura needed to realize she was free again and that was taking too long. Luckily AIDA have that handy ability to jumpstart memories, as seen with Metronome. AIKA's sacrifice was due to the fact that Aura was still homicidal and destroying everything, so it was suicide to get close like that. She managed to hide part of herself in her stuffed Chim Chim and sneak it past Aura's defenses, which was enough to guide Aura out of the darkness. AIKA's fate is definitely ambiguous since so much of her data was destroyed, but I would think Aura's doing pretty well since she repaired most of the damage she caused. I don't know how Jyotaro could have come back so soon if not for her, either. She's probably just more sure than ever before of her non-intervention approach, and watching from afar once more.

I actually really enjoyed the plot, but I can see how it makes a lot less sense and the themes get lost if you get the details wrong...

Oh, there's another interesting parallel between the boss versions of Aura and Cubia: they both have biblically-themed minions. Cubia's are named after Gomorrah while Aura's are named Legion and Nergal. Her tentacles are just named "tentacles" though...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

What levels were you around? 30 levels + and Orgel/Haseo still wooped my ass. Also how many of the area reappear at the free points? (I don't like missing those) I've been trying to even the gap by leveling up less.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I would like a proper explanation of everything else everyone got wrong out of Kuukai... :P
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Interesting, and this begins to clear alot of things that were just vague or assumed for most of us. Great to know that someone with proper enough japanese-reading knowledges has finished the game XD But i has a question...
Actually, the reason AIKA looks like Saika is because Saika looks like Ayaka, and Jyotaro made Akashic Line. That was what I thought when I played the game, and New Testament confirms that he based it on his beloved aunt without even realizing it. (Are people confused about Saika vs. Ayaka? Was that what the age conversation was about?) That's probably also the reason for the similar name. Additionally, AIKA as we know her was born long after Akashic Line was closed down, right after Returner. The AIDA wandered the far reaches of the internet and found the game. By this point Saika was investigating Jyotaro's disappearance, and while analyzing Akashic Line's technology she discovered AIKA.
What exactly is the "Akashic Line"? That timeline thingy that Tokio uses to travel back to The World's memories? And how did Jyotaro created it?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It's the game Tokio played before he discovered The World R:X.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I never had any trouble with leveling, and I didn't even fight everything (I was Mistral's BFF). The only real reasons to go to other areas are affection, gp, and virus cores.

I'll try to soon, I'm kinda swamped with a bunch of things right now, but here's one tidbit you might be interested in: In my opinion Link actually adds a lot more to the Haseo-Atoli story than it takes away. Even though Alkaid x Haseo is in the opening, it doesn't happen at all in the actual game, just the manga. By 2017, the Akashic Records start to diverge slightly due to the actions of Schicksal and Tokio, so there's a really good scene where an AIDA-infected Haseo beats Atoli into a pulp to consume her Avatar and then remembers he originally came to Moon Tree to rescue her and screams his brains out. It was one of my favorite scenes in the game, and I think it completely justified changing G.U. vs. showing it from a different perspective like the other series (which I think only worked really well for the original games, since Kite's really interesting from a third-person perspective). You also get a bit more followup on what happens between them after the G.U. credits, not you really needed it...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

XD

Well, I'm glad to see they at least didn't ruin the pairing. 8D Seems like even when Haseo is infected with AIDA, he cares strongly for Atoli (although he may not realize it himself).
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Kuukai wrote:I never had any trouble with leveling, and I didn't even fight everything (I was Mistral's BFF). The only real reasons to go to other areas are affection, gp, and virus cores.
(I hate using quotes.)

I see. So its me with a weakness for bombs and long range weapons. (Though might have had something to do with 500gp and lack of potions).Another question for Kuukai probably the last:  about this time data it's basically advanced PC data right. (Not that it makes a difference) I've beaten Fluegel so I've kinda got the story. But could you explain? Perferably pm, I don't want to ruin it others. Yeah I predicted you, spoiler people.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, I'm not sure he fully realizes it even without the AIDA, but the AIDA seems to pump up all his emotions to the verge of insanity. The AIDA is actually stuck on him due to his unusually strong feelings. AIKA can usually remove them, but this one couldn't get out of Haseo's head if it wanted to. The way I like to think about it, his extremely strong will might be the very thing that prevented him from ever being infected in the normal G.U. timeline, but due to changes in the timeline it had the exact opposite effect. The very last piece of Haseo's faith in other people was probably inadvertently shattered by Tokio when he sent Haseo to stop Shino from being PKed. After Ovan leaving, Sakisaki giving up, and the loss of Shino, the fact that Tokio apparently knew this was going to happen the whole time (via Saika's research) and wouldn't tell him why was too much for Haseo, he became even more cynical. Also, thanks to AIKA, AIDA activity against normal players is all but halted, so if Haseo's vulnerable he's like some sort of mega-feast for the AIDA left.

This all leads to Haseo surpassing Ovan's expectations for him. Ovan cuts off his plan before Haseo fights all the Avatars because he's already strong enough to defeat him. His rage towards Ovan at this point is what spawns a B-st form Vagrant AI. It's kinda a stretch, but they explain that pretty well. Again, Haseo's will > anyone's.

This is the "Massive Spoiler Thread" so no one should mind, but I already responded to your PM so that should be good in any case...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Oh, well, that makes sense then. Still, poor Haseo... does he ever get cured?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Oh, well, that makes sense then. Still, poor Haseo... does he ever get cured?
Didn't someone mention in here that Haseo supposedly died in the G.U. timeline of the game?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I guess that counts as getting "cured". :lol:
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Understood. It was just a worry. Didn't see anyone metion it however, he does disappear after the Rebirth. You don't find his PC body or anything. The next time you hear him it was voice only before you get his chrono core. Haseo does reappear in one of the side scenarios but for the most part he basically went boom. (or that's what you assume).
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

|<!73 wrote:Understood. It was just a worry. Didn't see anyone metion it however, he does disappear after the Rebirth. You don't find his PC body or anything. The next time you hear him it was voice only before you get his chrono core. Haseo does reappear in one of the side scenarios but for the most part he basically went boom. (or that's what you assume).
I believe Kouen had mentioned it awhile back in one of his/her spoiler tags several pages back.