.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Virgillius

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by Virgillius »

Tolby wrote:Imma stab you.

But yes, yes it will. Delayed. Now its three times farther away then the release date they gave us.
So it won't go any quicker then?
So disappointing..
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Wait what EA sports announcement? oAo *totally missed it*
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

MizuTakishima wrote:Wait what EA sports announcement? oAo *totally missed it*
This :D

http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 6&start=20
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

MizuTakishima wrote:Wait what EA sports announcement? oAo *totally missed it*
Dont look into it.......today is april fools.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

oh lol. just as well I ain't authorized to look at it apparently XD
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

you wanna know something interesting? If this is the last game im surprised they didnt put this in

PS.I didnt hack this....well i was too busy with G.U Vol.3 so i just fished this off a website
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

jvkdsh wrote:you wanna know something interesting? If this is the last game im surprised they didnt put this in

PS.I didnt hack this....well i was too busy with G.U Vol.3 so i just fished this off a website

...Where does that image come from? o-O
Looks like some kind of fanart for me, but the link of the image somewhat makes me kinda think otherwise o-o
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

jvkdsh wrote:you wanna know something interesting? If this is the last game im surprised they didnt put this in

O.o.....Helba Grunty...WIN! :D
KaotinShadows

Post by KaotinShadows »

This is not a fanart. I myself extracted this artwork the game files which I then included in the .hack//Wiki. The Helba Grunty was originally to be included in the game but was removed for unknown reasons in the final version.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

KaotinShadows wrote:This is not a fanart. I myself extracted this artwork the game files which I then included in the .hack//Wiki. The Helba Grunty was originally to be included in the game but was removed for unknown reasons in the final version.
is it possible to get a copy of the artwork you extracted? I wanna use them for cosplay purposes
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Holy ****, Helbrunty!

Dammit, //LINK. Now you have no excuse for sucking. You did this to yourself.
Sakota

Post by Sakota »

Tsugasa-kun wrote:
KaotinShadows wrote:This is not a fanart. I myself extracted this artwork the game files which I then included in the .hack//Wiki. The Helba Grunty was originally to be included in the game but was removed for unknown reasons in the final version.
is it possible to get a copy of the artwork you extracted? I wanna use them for cosplay purposes
You're gonna cosplay... a grunty?
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

Sakota wrote:
Tsugasa-kun wrote:
You're gonna cosplay... a grunty?
No. He said he extracted it from the game, what I'm after is the rest of the artwork he extracted for reference material. My plan is to cosplay Xth form kite and I have friends doing other characters, so more refs the merrier
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Xth form Kite may be the hardest to do. As if the small details in his shirt and such as well as the coat aren't difficult enough, there's little reference in the artwork showcasing his design at mutiple angles. In fact, there's only three.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

Advent_Winter wrote:Xth form Kite may be the hardest to do. As if the small details in his shirt and such as well as the coat aren't difficult enough, there's little reference in the artwork showcasing his design at mutiple angles. In fact, there's only three.
despite his detail it's honestly not as complex as it seems. details are no issue. I just need reference and so far I've got quite a few. but having access to the art files, who knows what else might be accessible
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

jvkdsh wrote: Image
As cool as it looks...I don't think it'd work to well in the ame unless it was like the welcomer of the net slum...cause face it, Helb Grunty is a lot cuter than Tartarus
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Maybe that's Tokirundy's true form. Tokirundy is actually kind of an enigma, they never really explain where he came from, and  Past Keyaki knows him (same with Grunwhale, actually, so maybe it's Tartarga, but that just raises more questions). Really, the Tokirundy/Helba/Keyaki connection is probably the biggest open question left in .hack. Totally on purpose, too, they rub your face in it. Post-game Tokio, Tsukasa, and Shino search for the fabled R:2 Puchigusos (Grunties that never had the curse lifted) that Shino wants to believe exist, and after failing Tokio gets back to his ship, sees Tokirundy, and suddenly realizes he doesn't know what he is...

Actually I'm not sure if R:2 Grunties show up, though they do talk about them...

Otherwise it wouldn't be that weird for Twilight Knight Helba to have, but R:1 Tartarga is basically the original Grunty--taking care of an area, etc--and he shows up all the places you'd expect one.

At any rate she has a huge "TENTATIVE" stamped on her head.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

CC2 are epic trolls, in summation.
sun king

Post by sun king »

um hey what if it's only temporary I mean there might be a time when they might bring it up again and the .hack story has always been original so I dont see why they have to end it just cause their naruto games sell more if you ask me .hack is the best series in the whole world for me(besides assassin's creed).
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

sun king wrote:um hey what if it's only temporary I mean there might be a time when they might bring it up again and the .hack story has always been original so I dont see why they have to end it just cause their naruto games sell more if you ask me .hack is the best series in the whole world for me(besides assassin's creed).
It could be temporary, but i don't think so, and at least under the name of ".Hack//", this seems to be the end of the series indeed. And no, they're not ending the series just because the Naruto games sell more or anything like that...they're ending the series because they want to reach a final and proper conclusion of the events, and stop at the point of such conclusion, instead of "milking" the series by adding random crap. Yes, it was such an original and awesome series, and it still is and will always be, but like all good things, it must end before they ruin it by adding more story and more characters, which won't be really related to the "original story" we all loved, or by repeating what we've seen, getting boring and even pointless. And well, i'm sure that several years ago Pokemon was "the best series in the whole world" for many people, and wishing it to never end...and they had their wish granted. Good luck catching all the 7862 Pokemons in 94 different regions, and leave .Hack to "rest" properly :/ lol

MAYBE in a near future, CC2 will make a whole new series involving many aspects of .Hack or The World itself, perhaps with even referrences to stuff like Kite, Haseo, Grunties, Avatars, etc....but it'll be a whole new series alright, with different characters, different story, different whole setting even (maybe this time it'll be a "fantasy world" rather than a "reality where people play a fantasy world videogame"). It won't be called .Hack// anymore, but as .Hack fans or simply CC2 supporters, it would be something worth to give it a try.