Length of the games

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Suiko

Length of the games

Post by Suiko »

I watched both of the .Hack anime series a while ago but never got around to playing the games. I'll probably start once I've finished the recent wave of games all being released right now and was just wondering how long each of the original (IMOQ) titles would be if I just progressed straight through the story?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Length of the games

Post by TheSorrow »

Less than 15 hours, i'd say, assuming you only do just what's needed to progress in the game (no optional quests or anything that would be optional), but assuming too that it's your first time playing so you would have to figure out a few things before doing them.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I'd actually say more like less than 10 even if you do side things like Gold Goblins. Even less if you avoid Natsume, Sanjuro, and similar quests that don't contribute to story but that's only a guess. 15 or so if you're playing your first time and take the time to try and fill up your Ryu books.
aarenlainey

Post by aarenlainey »

I find if the Devs state the game length the game is much shorter, and when game users state game length it is much longer. For example, If the Devs say 20-25 hours it will probably last 15 hours for most people and I'm sure there will be a bunch of people who rush the game or troll and will say 5 hours.

I think it will be a longer than average game, most open world games like this last for at least 15 hours...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

aarenlainey wrote:I find if the Devs state the game length the game is much shorter, and when game users state game length it is much longer. For example, If the Devs say 20-25 hours it will probably last 15 hours for most people and I'm sure there will be a bunch of people who rush the game or troll and will say 5 hours.

I think it will be a longer than average game, most open world games like this last for at least 15 hours...
The Devs are the trolls -3- lol

No, seriously, this game isn't long at all, and if you spend lots of time playing it, it's because you're going to too many areas, training too much, talking to lots of people, reading every news and post, and pretty much going for a 100% finish, and even so, it takes just about 20 hours. Keep in mind too how each individual game (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine) it's just 1/4 of the full game, and you can only do as much on each part of the game..it's like playing just 1/4 of a full, open world action-ish RPG.

So, i still say, 15 hours if it's your first time playing the game, less than 15 hours if you rush through the story and skip several things, and more than 15 if you take your time going for 100% or just taking it at a very slow, calm pace. And less than 5 hours if you're the pro who makes no mistakes and wastes no time at all. The devs might say one thing, but they might consider lots of things, lots of things who as a gamer and maybe a rusher they can be ignored :/