The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

Lux_S

Re: The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

Post by Lux_S »

Hey there, I was just wondering, can you shed a little more info on the old and new testaments please? cause I'm not sure what it actually is? cause one site said it was full of pictures or something right?
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

I finally got it 6 days later I just instilled the game into the PSP but the game Convert from The Demo I just happen to play 2 days ago and well so fair with the Collection Edition
is a tiny bit Different from the book so Fair I'm liking it a tiny bit...
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I'm thinking about getting it. Does anyone know Japanese to translate the game for everyone?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...I actually played LINK today O-O Not mine, but my friend's...i don't have a PSP myself after all. And if he's kind enough, or if i'm stubborn and annoying enough, he'll probably keep letting me play for a while. Of course, i could steal it and give it back later...but, it's not like i'm that crazy for wanting to play it XD

And so far...it felt like Kingdom Hearts in almost every way. The only difference between Tokio and Sora from KH it's just their hair/looks and that one is way dumber than the other.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

What do you mean? I don't see how its like kingdom hearts at all.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Tolby wrote:What do you mean? I don't see how its like kingdom hearts at all.
Free roam type battles. Fast paced action. Total control over evasive maneuvers. Etc.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Advent_Winter wrote:
Free roam type battles. Fast paced action. Total control over evasive maneuvers. Etc.
I half expected Tokio to be running around with Goofy and Donald! XD
(Would be hilarious though)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Advent_Winter wrote:
Yep, that.

I mean, in LINK what you do is walk around with a partner, travelling through areas, which are very "narrow", divided in even small areas, all which looks and seems alot like an Action RPG....or heck, like God of War actually. It's nowhere near as "open-world" as it used to be in IMOQ and GU, there's no longer that feeling anymore of playing a MMO where strange and "impossible" things happen, while keeping the gameplay that would belong to the MMO. It's now like playing just another action game, going through areas, having your combo attacks, revealing areas in the maps, unlocking places, etc.

Not like it's a bad game...in the wide view, it's a decent or even very good Action RPG. But...this is Kingdom Hearts, not .Hack. Sure, .Hack would've gotten boring had it stayed the same way...but i would've rather had .Hack to end in GU before turning into this. I wouldn't have complained, or said alot of negative things about this game, if only it wasn't called .Hack, or if only they had said this was just a whole new crazy story that has no connection with the rest of the series D: (And instead, they LINKED it to the series x_x')
k-su

Post by k-su »

Yes! The mail person just handed me my copy of Link. Happy days, though I've already about finished the game, lol. Now I get to enjoy the dvds and info books, now.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Funny thing happened to me when I got mine in the mail. The same day I got my copy, my ps3's bluray drive decides to stop working, so I couldn't watch the rebirth disk or the historical disk. At least I got to watch the dramatic disk, since it was region free.
Aika

Post by Aika »

Why do people buy role playing games, in languages they can't understand >_> I could see a game that is not centered around a story, but... whatever
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Aika wrote:Why do people buy role playing games, in languages they can't understand >_> I could see a game that is not centered around a story, but... whatever
Several people didn't, and won't play LINK for the story. Even though the story is not that bad after all, i'd say that this time, the main focus of the game is the gameplay indeed, not the story, and the game itself just wants you to focus you in the fact you gotta spam breaks into the next boss, instead of looking for the reason of why you're fighting it.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Kinda goes something like this...

IMOQ: average gameplay, great story
G.U.: decent gameplay, decent story
LINK: great gameplay, average story

...Now that I've seen what LINK is all about, I'm a lot more inclined to get it (as you can probably see, I was extremely skeptical at first). It's not THAT bad, but it's not exactly the best either. XD

I'd also go so far as to say the series has gotten less realistic in MMO gameplay terms over time, which might explain why I don't like the gameplay in IMOQ (it's too much like a real MMO) XD
Aika

Post by Aika »

TheSorrow wrote:
Aika wrote:Why do people buy role playing games, in languages they can't understand >_> I could see a game that is not centered around a story, but... whatever
Several people didn't, and won't play LINK for the story. Even though the story is not that bad after all, i'd say that this time, the main focus of the game is the gameplay indeed, not the story, and the game itself just wants you to focus you in the fact you gotta spam breaks into the next boss, instead of looking for the reason of why you're fighting it.
I thought the whole point of .hack was the story :(
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Aika wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:
I thought the whole point of .hack was the story :(
Yes, the whole point of .Hack WAS the story. Now in LINK, it's not anymore XP Just look at GyppyGirl's post and you'll understand it better.

Before in IMOQ, the game was fully centered in the story, and they didn't give much emphasis in the actual gameplay; it was just a small simulation of a MMO, but the point was to understand and pay attention to what was going on...not about how you would go around using skills and combos.

In GU, it was balanced in both so that, while there was a main focus on the story, the incidents going on, and looking for an explanation to them all, there was also a focus on the gameplay, having you focus on combo attacks, Rengekis, awakenings, etc...far more "active" than in IMOQ.

And now in LINK...the game is HEAVILY centered in the gameplay, in doing those Break and Cross Rengeki combos, and even having neat animations for them. And in regards for the story...well, they're more like random quests than anything, where it doesn't really matter if you understood them or not, because only by the end the story is explained, and though it's not bad...it's not that wide or hard to understand either, and the game doesn't give much importance to it, unlike in the past games.

That's, at least, how i've seen it so far :/
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Kinda goes something like this...

IMOQ: average gameplay, great story
G.U.: decent gameplay, decent story

LINK: great gameplay, average story
I love you for admitting that.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...I've admitted that G.U. has a fairly cliched story for a long time :P

I just hate the gameplay in IMOQ because it's too much like a real MMORPG... well, that's also why I like it, because it's more like a real MMORPG than the others, but it's still annoying and I don't like MMORPGs XD
Virgillius

Post by Virgillius »

just got the game today but can't understand it...
Is it certain that they will release this in US?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Virgillius wrote:just got the game today but can't understand it...
Is it certain that they will release this in US?
Definetly. I'm not sure if there's a release date yet, but it's a certain fact that it will be released in America, and sometime during this year, most likely.
Virgillius

Post by Virgillius »

I hope that will happen soon..
But looking at how long the storyline is, I think translating this game to English will take more time than it is with G.U...