Donate to dothackers [Negative $37 Balance as of 11/21]!

Important Announcements, including the forum rules
d5t

Donate to dothackers [Negative $37 Balance as of 11/21]!

Post by d5t »

Usually we've been able to cover the bills with donations, but no dice so far (1 donation in a month's span since starting). Donate via Paypal amount you can (goes directly to our webhost)! http://dothackers.net/?subaction=showfu ... 5&archive=
Ranylyn

Re: Donate to dothackers: webhost bill over due!

Post by Ranylyn »

I'm broke until payday (Dec 4th) but I don't need to pay rent twice this time (just moved, long story) so I'll see what I can manage! What's the goal, by the way? So I don't overdo it?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Ranylyn wrote:I'm broke until payday (Dec 4th) but I don't need to pay rent twice this time (just moved, long story) so I'll see what I can manage! What's the goal, by the way? So I don't overdo it?
Right now it's $44 and change, we have a reoccuring 15/month bill + $119/yearly bill - any amount appreciated! I wish I could just throw the advertising revenue into it, but payout takes 3 months for 100 dollars sometimes. Very very tedious and slow.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Well, I may be new, but I am looking forward to helping financially.
It'll just take a couple weeks for me to get my bank card. (Just switched banks.)
d5t

Post by d5t »

Mistral's_Man wrote:Well, I may be new, but I am looking forward to helping financially.
It'll just take a couple weeks for me to get my bank card. (Just switched banks.)
Thanks Mistral's Man (great name by the way), any amount is appreciated.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Yeah, sorry for the delay, I kinda lost my job recently and need to worry about myself. I'm sorry that I am no longer in a financial position to help.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, f*ck, I'm broke until January due to Christmas shopping, otherwise I'd donate what I had left. I'll see what I can do.
Celes

Post by Celes »

ooh, i'd like to donate but i can't (due to personal reasons) but i hope you get your goal!
d5t

Post by d5t »

Thanks to a couple who have donated - we're down to $25.00, but still playing catch up as donations are far and few in between and billed the first of every month.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Alright.
What do we owe?

My new bank card'll be here within 10 days.
I'm ready to do what I can. =D
d5t

Post by d5t »

Mistral's_Man wrote:Alright.
What do we owe?

My new bank card'll be here within 10 days.
I'm ready to do what I can. =D
We have a $42.17 [POSITIVE BALANCE], so we are good until probably the end of May. If you'd like to donate still, it's appreciated!
.hack//AnimechaZero

Post by .hack//AnimechaZero »

Once ive been on these forums for a little while ill have no problem donating $15-20 bucks to the cause I just want to mingle for a while first. But im sure you can expect something from me in the coming months.

Peace, AZ.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Zer0 wrote:
d5t wrote:
Ranylyn wrote:I'm broke until payday (Dec 4th) but I don't need to pay rent twice this time (just moved, long story) so I'll see what I can manage! What's the goal, by the way? So I don't overdo it?
Right now it's $44 and change, we have a reoccuring 15/month bill + $119/yearly bill - any amount appreciated! I wish I could just throw the advertising revenue into it, but payout takes 3 months for 100 dollars sometimes. Very very tedious and slow.
What the hell kind of plan are you on? My site only costs $10 a year!
Your site also probably gets 10 hits a year, Zer0.
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

Oh zer0. You are such splendid sysadmin material.
You should be put in charge of Myspace's logistical aspects. The world would thank you. Really.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

As a little gift to say sorry for deserting the forums for 3 months... I can donate $10 to the website's cause >x>'...
d5t

Post by d5t »

nobodyknows wrote:As a little gift to say sorry for deserting the forums for 3 months... I can donate $10 to the website's cause >x>'...
Oh why thank you! I think I sent you a thanks email, if not here it is. :D
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

@d5t- No probs. I think it's cool to help out other peeps :B
d5t

Post by d5t »

To keep things transparent about donations, dothackers is ($35.56) in the green AS OF 4/28, with a lower reoccurring $5/month (down from $15.00) + $119 a year plan. I might have to go back to what we were at if the site becomes too slow.
-A-

Post by -A- »

d5t wrote:To keep things transparent about donations, dothackers is ($35.56) in the green AS OF 4/28, with a lower reoccurring $5/month (down from $15.00) + $119 a year plan. I might have to go back to what we were at if the site becomes too slow.
not to be rude or anything but we gotta pay lmao x.X? i totally missed that part but ill try :o hows 10-15 bucks?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

-A- wrote:
d5t wrote:To keep things transparent about donations, dothackers is ($35.56) in the green AS OF 4/28, with a lower reoccurring $5/month (down from $15.00) + $119 a year plan. I might have to go back to what we were at if the site becomes too slow.
not to be rude or anything but we gotta pay lmao x.X? i totally missed that part but ill try :o hows 10-15 bucks?
You don't HAVE to pay, as in, we won't kick you out of the forums unless you pay. The forums are all free to browse, post in, share and discuss information with others, meet fellow .hackers, and any other fun thing you wish to do here.
However, hosting the site itself isn't free, and so the admins have to pay a monthly/yearly bill so the forums remain alive for all of us. And so, they invite you to help them a little with the payment, a donation indeed :P You aren't obliged to do so and no one will tell you anything if you don't help...but you will sure be thanked alot if you do. Any money you can donate will be greatly helpful for both the admins to pay the site, and for all us members who love to post and stay active in here.
And of course, if no one helps in paying, then the admins have to take care of the payment of the whole site all on their own...though it's not that big of a problem, really. You'll just see them in the streets with signs such like "Will .hack for $$$" or somerhing like that 8D lol