Just in time for Xmas - a new .hack picture extractor.

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Ressic

Re: Just in time for Xmas - a new .hack picture extractor.

Post by Ressic »

Wow, this thread is pretty dead. Rip Maen!

*ahem* After many setbacks and difficult trials, just in time for, well, nothing in particular, the program hath been released, kicking and screaming into the wild.

http://www.binary-dreamer.com/downloads/

Just checked it, the download worked for me. The hosting setup is semi-new, so if nothing is coming up for you, just try again in a day or two.

I did test the program pretty thoroughly so I'm not expecting anyone to have any difficulties. It is windows based though, so mac and linux users are outta luck for the time being. That said, if it does bomb horribly, feel free to PM me here with lots of gory details as to what happened, and I'll look into fixing it.
sirk

Post by sirk »

Any specific instructions you need to tell us or just pop the disc in the CD drive and run the program?
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

There's a "help" item on the menus when you launch the program. There's also a readme.txt in the zip, and that has some more details on how to use it.

It'll probably run faster if you copy the data file from the game disc to your hard drive, but it isn't absolutely necessary to do so.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

MARRY ME, RESSIC.

**** yes you're the most awesome forum member ever.
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

.... I think I'll have to decline. Marrying you might be problematic.

Also, I'm not entirely sure it's legal here to marry a grunty. *scratches head*

Does appear a few people at least have downloaded the program, and so far, no angry "why doesn't this work!??" hate mail, so I'll take that as a good sign.

Maybe I should advertise over in the wallpapers thread. All of the desktop wallpapers, as well as all the stills for the various marriage endings can be pulled with this program...
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Ressic wrote:Maybe I should advertise over in the wallpapers thread. All of the desktop wallpapers, as well as all the stills for the various marriage endings can be pulled with this program...
The extracted images aren't exactly wallpaper size though, the biggest image I found was about 600x600 pixels.
But go ahead, advertise like crazy, more people needs to notice this program.
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

There's actually info in the readme about the in game wallpapers. The wallpaper images themselves are exactly 512x512, and if you crop the bottoms off those pictures so it's 512x384, that's exactly the right ratio for TV's, and CRT monitors; if you tell windows to "stretch" the image after you crop it, it should look fine. Higher res and widescreen monitors aren't quite the same ratio, so that's not as easy to work with, but hey, I'm only mortal. ;p
sirk

Post by sirk »

Wow, before this, I had no idea how small game images actually were. That's crazy. I'd guess PS3 and 360 games use a slightly higher res, though.

Thanks a bunch, this was a cool little thing.