hey does anyone ever get freaked out while playing .hack

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

The Twinblade Hacker

Post by The Twinblade Hacker »

hmph!That's not very nice....
Osamu

Post by Osamu »

The Twinblade Hacker wrote:hmph!That's not very nice....
Hmph.. apparently you haven't noticed that we use a lot of sarcasm here...
Kyle1818

Re: hey does anyone ever get freaked out while playing .hack

Post by Kyle1818 »

sinikui wrote:I hate fighting those Menhir or any version of them. It suck when you have to fight like 3 or more of them at a time and when I die after getting ambushed.
actualy, i figured out a trick to fighting those.... other than data draining all but one of them.... Kill one, it will be revived, kill the one that just revived that one, now if you are fighting 3, then that one will be revived too, so go kill the 3rd one. That way they all don't have any SP and won't be able to revive anymore.... at least for a little while.

The first time i fought Skeith my hand's where shaking. :shock: After seeing what he did to a lvl50 player and not taking a single hit, and learning that it it's self is lvl100. :shock: :shock: And that the best lvl you can fight it at is about lvl30. :shock: Yeaaa, im sure you can imagin what my confidince was like.
Rika

Post by Rika »

Well, from the storyline's "don't play this game, it's dangerous," sometimes......and then I wonder if it really is dangerous...if you get data drained, you (real) fall into a coma......

(and from the G.U. Community Forum, the post that says you can die (or something) from repeated high anxiety then high tranquility...

...sometimes...)
Pi Fanboy

Post by Pi Fanboy »

Yep. I tended to get freaked out sometimes while playing these games. The creepy music at the snow levels..The caves that are like you're inside something's stomach, I kept getting the feeling something was gonna jump out at at me. Try playing in one of those stomach like caves, late at night, in your room with all the lights off. It's creepy. And the constant static when you fight Data Bugs..or when you're in an infected area..that freaked me out too.
Zohar

Post by Zohar »

That's what I found so fun about the game!!

Whenever I fought against a data bug or phase, I would be pressing the buttons so fast... going through the items list and team commands to keep the AIs active and healing everyone... watching constantly for the protect break or for my health to drop!!

My heart would race, my hands got shaky and sweaty, and a smile played on my lips of excitement! I would tease myself with the stories of "falling into comas" in the game, y'know: "What if I fall into a coma?!"

It was amazing! Exhilirating! And even as I saw the PROTECT BREAK it wasn't enough to calm my excitement! "What if I get a system error this time? How much have been data draining lately?!"

And then the battle was over, and I could feel the releif flow through me... and that was just with the orignal .hack games...

I can't wait till I get that excited in G.U.!!!
Aura's Little Sister

Post by Aura's Little Sister »

Well,I get freaked out about a lot of stuff about the game but I guess it's how I play it...I pretend that I'm Kite user and that everything happening is real.It's make me more serious about playing the game ^_^'.Like Orca is my real best friend in real life and she(Yes,she.My best friend an girl XD) fallen in an coma.Basiclly if I fighting an data bug or one of the phrases I try my hardest to fight it since I keep saying to myself "You got to beat it girl or you fall in an coma",I weird I know...The freakest thing that happen to me was in that cutscene when everybody was getting data drained and Kite when to attack the last phrase(Who I can't never remember the name but it's the one with the eyes...) and Aura steps in front of Kite and he stabs her.I thought I was going to get an heart attack when that happen XD.In the end that what great about the game....It seems so real and you get serious about it.
The Key of Dawn

Post by The Key of Dawn »

I dont remember ever playing .hack and being scared (wierded out yes at what some of the phases look like, but not scared) I’m a veteran gamer, and the only game that I can honestly say that I ever got scared from playing was F.E.A.R. on my 360. I can’t play that by myself, or in a dark room, its just way to frightening
sinikui

Post by sinikui »

no whats really weirld when you running through the field and those sky creatures pop up over you its like they are watching you man creppy especialy the one with like seven eyes
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

It's hard for me to get scared over a game since, even though i look at their story and pay attention to every detail and all, during the time of playing i mostly pay attention to gameplay stuff :/
However, i wouldn't say i was all calm when (Quarantine spoiler)  i was at the bottom of the friggin hardest dungeon, Data Drain infection at apparently %100, and still 3 forced battles to go...XP
PureeyaaKira

Post by PureeyaaKira »

.hack Infection and mutation wasnt very creepy at all at the bittest.I mean its just a game understanding from the posts saying"people die"or"falling into a coma".Its all just part of the game I've read the actual "The World"where they made the game I guess real or something?But they cancelled it ok maybe I need to take that out because I know this one guy's thread got locked because he talked about that DO NOT DISCUSS THE SUBJECT!.Um..but to the main point..the game got me mad everytime I lost though there wasnt anything scary about it unless your a young kid or something.It was all fun and data draining was the best because of the cool colors and effects when you did so.But there was a first impression of mine when I saw that scary looking tree with the weird face you guys know what I'm talking about? With that evil smile he was also a Data Bug on .infection When you killed it it still smiled and it went dark one night I could of SWORN that thing looked back at me and chuckled I was freaked out and couldnt sleep at all that night.I get scared sometimes when I play .hack cause of the"falling into a coma" chats about thats what happens now in the game.Think of it...if it was reality...and it were real..I would train myself so high watch my back gather many friends that are strong and watch each others backs! Seriously...to be stuck in the game forever...thats your hell right there.
PureeyaaKira

Post by PureeyaaKira »

Sorry I had that post 3 times and I erased one my computer is slow at the moment..
WhiteAngelIsuzu

Post by WhiteAngelIsuzu »

I remember once, i wasnt paying attention and one of the virus battles came on, i think it was magus and i didnt know it would come on, i was sitting there reading or something when that came on, i gave out the most girlyist screem ever and threw the controller at the tv and ran behind a chair. After that I was just like "I was terrified by that? -_-" And also Mia confuses me to much!
Phyllo27

Post by Phyllo27 »

The snow levels on the feild had some creepy music... and the feilds that were completely dark umm where the la pumpkins were now that was really creepy x3 moveing bones like spider legs *shivers*.
Jetstorm

Post by Jetstorm »

The ending movie for GU Vol2 caught me off guard a little. I knew what was coming but I didn't expect to see it happen so suddenly. I remember staring at my screen for a moment thinking, "Did that just really happen?" It was still a sweet way to leave it though.

I will admit that I tried to go to Hulle Granz at midnight to see if anything would happen (like a cutscene or something) and all I could think about was that something outta the "Ring" was going to happen. Yea I know, I'm an idiot heh heh.
Phyllo27

Post by Phyllo27 »

Jetstorm wrote:The ending movie for GU Vol2 caught me off guard a little. I knew what was coming but I didn't expect to see it happen so suddenly. I remember staring at my screen for a moment thinking, "Did that just really happen?" It was still a sweet way to leave it though.

I will admit that I tried to go to Hulle Granz at midnight to see if anything would happen (like a cutscene or something) and all I could think about was that something outta the "Ring" was going to happen. Yea I know, I'm an idiot heh heh.
not at all lol, i've tried that myself x3 haha it's just something fun to pass the time. Plus if something did really happen it would be ground breaking o.o;;
arimiSlacker

Post by arimiSlacker »

I always get nervous when I have to go through the door with purple smoke.... I will sit there for a few minutes convincing myself to go through it.... and Skeith's introduction made my heart race the first time I fought him. Also I would freak out when I would realize halfway through a dungeon that I was running out of stuff I needed because I came poorly prepared. And when I would have to fight those monsters that kept ressurecting until you killed or data drained the right one.... oh and I would waste so much on them... but I would be at the egde of my seat the whole time.... cursing at the screen alot.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

arimiSlacker wrote:I always get nervous when I have to go through the door with purple smoke.... I will sit there for a few minutes convincing myself to go through it.... and Skeith's introduction made my heart race the first time I fought him. Also I would freak out when I would realize halfway through a dungeon that I was running out of stuff I needed because I came poorly prepared. And when I would have to fight those monsters that kept ressurecting until you killed or data drained the right one.... oh and I would waste so much on them... but I would be at the egde of my seat the whole time.... cursing at the screen alot.
Actually, they don't resurrect because of that, they do because some monsters have the Rip Maen skill and they use it almost at the instant someone dies. Not much of a problem unless you're fighting 2 or even 3 of that monster since they just force you to use DD or wait until their SP runs out XP Very annoying and frustrating and more in Outbreak and Quarantine.
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arimiSlacker

Post by arimiSlacker »

TheSorrow wrote:
arimiSlacker wrote:I always get nervous when I have to go through the door with purple smoke.... I will sit there for a few minutes convincing myself to go through it.... and Skeith's introduction made my heart race the first time I fought him. Also I would freak out when I would realize halfway through a dungeon that I was running out of stuff I needed because I came poorly prepared. And when I would have to fight those monsters that kept ressurecting until you killed or data drained the right one.... oh and I would waste so much on them... but I would be at the egde of my seat the whole time.... cursing at the screen alot.
Actually, they don't resurrect because of that, they do because some monsters have the Rip Maen skill and they use it almost at the instant someone dies. Not much of a problem unless you're fighting 2 or even 3 of that monster since they just force you to use DD or wait until their SP runs out XP Very annoying and frustrating and more in Outbreak and Quarantine.

Ah well thats good to know! I always just data drained them so they couldn't harm me while they kept coming back to life, which is very annoying when you are trying to level up.