Alchemic Weapons and the Slot Thingies

Slayn

Alchemic Weapons and the Slot Thingies

Post by Slayn »

First of all, I don't think the game really does a good job explaining the whole alchemy thing where you fuse your weapons. Is it really even worth the trouble? If so, what is the best way to go about doing so.

Also, there are three slots of your weapons, armour, and rings/gloves/necklaces/etc. but you can only put one thing on each. Does that change as you get further along? It just seems like you would be able to put more than one thing on each.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

1. Its nothing much important, actually. To alchemize, just bring 2 weapons of the same exact name (for example, Broad Wings and Broad Wings, NOT Broad Wings and Broad Zhen), and he'll mix them to you, adding a +1 to the name. The alchemizing's effect is to give a small attack boost to the weapon (ATK multiplied in .25, .50, .75, 1, 1.25).
So, lets say you wanna have a Spin Piney at max. customization (+5), and you somehow have all the Spin Pineys needed already. So, you talk to him, select the weapons, and it goes like this
Spin Piney + Spin Piney = Spin Piney+1 (x.25)
Spin Piney+1 + Spin Piney = Spin Piney+2 (x .50)
Spin Piney+2 + Spin Piney = Spin Piney+3 (x .75)
Spin Piney+3 + Spin Piney = Spin Piney+4 (x 1)
Spin Piney+4 + Spin Piney = Spin Piney+5 (x 1.25)
That is all...
And, once you have a weapon at +5, you can use it to alchemize any other weapon of the same kind (in this case, Dual Swords), but only counts as 1.
So, you can use it for a Spin Needle like this
Spin Piney+5 + Spin Needle = Spin Needle +1

2. Armor of lvl below 30 only has 1 slot to put items. Armor of lvl 31-50 has 2 (i believe that's right)
Indeed, it shows you 3 slots, but only either 1 or 2 are avaliable at the moment on each armor. And at least in Vol. 1, there's no way to increase the number of slots each armor has
Slayn

Post by Slayn »

Thank you. Your explanation helped quite a bit. I was confused about what weapons could be combined and what could not. But, I still have a few more questions.

In the second example, you combined a Spin Piney +5 and a Spin Needle. How is that possible? I mean, you said once they reach their max customization you can combine them with a weapon of the same sort.
Spin Piney +5 = Spin Needle?

And is the slot availability only on armour or does that apply to weapons and other accesories?
Ryokugun2

Post by Ryokugun2 »

With the Spin Piney+5 and Spin Needle thing...it goes like this
Spin Piney is at it's max alchem. (+5)
If the weapon is within 10 levels of each the other one, it can be alchemizized.

NOTE: When I said "10 levels", I mean 10 levels UP. You cannot alchem. down.

So lets say (for instence) I have a Broad Legged+5, and I also have a Broad Maiden. In the alchem. menu, I'd select Broad Maiden, then as a suppliment weapon (the weapon you're adding on) I'd choose Broad Legged+5. When it's finished, I should have a Broad Maiden+1, since for every time you alchem. a weapon, it's alchemy rate goes up one (+1).

NOTE: (This, yes, has happened to me) If you're trying to alchem. a weapon that you bought at a store, make sure that the number of that weapon in your inventory is six (6). Seriously, if you bring five, thinking the outcome will be +5, it will be +4. This is why:
You have in your inventory a total of 5 Spin Kougas, that you will now alchem. together.
Spin Kouga (#1) + Spin Kouga (#2) = Spin Kouga+1
Spin Kouga+1 (#1) + Spin Kouga (#3) = Spin Kouga+2
Spin Kouga+2 (#1) + Spin Kouga (#4) = Spin Kouga+3
Spin Kouga+3 (#1) + Spin Kouga (#5) = Spin Kouga+4

In simple terms, your first Spin Kouga (#1) is a base. Now your just adding the other onto that. So here's a quick helper
The number of that weapon you have - 1 = Your +whatever

Example: 3 Magic Hoseis - 1 = Magic Hosei+2

And yeah, the slot availability is for weapons, armor, and accessories.
Slayn

Post by Slayn »

TheSorrow wrote: ... And, once you have a weapon at +5, you can use it to alchemize any other weapon of the same kind (in this case, Dual Swords), but only counts as 1. ...
I missed that part or I read quickly over it. That would solve it.
Ryokugun2 wrote: ... And yeah, the slot availability is for weapons, armor, and accessories.
Thanks.