The Terminal Disc Thread (High Spoiler Potential)

NeoPhoenixTE

The Terminal Disc Thread (High Spoiler Potential)

Post by NeoPhoenixTE »

We managed to get every recent terminal disc thread on the first three pages locked, go us! XD

Here's highlights from all the locked threads so people know what's been covered.

From "Terminal Disk Questions"
SilverPhoenix wrote:I just cleared volume 1 and decided to try the terminal disk out bu all I can unlock are reports 6 and 10. Is that all for volume 1 or do I need to do something special to get more?
NeoPhoenixTE wrote:That's it for volume 1 I'm afraid. Gotta wait out volume 2.
From "What was on the Terminal Disc?"
Reiyne wrote:I was wondering what was on the Terminal Disc with the special edition (which I couldn't get Crying or Very sad ) Is their anything special that I wouldn't know bout the story?, I've played past 4 games, watched all of LoTB, sign and roots, but haven't read the manga
Bulletcatcher wrote:The Terminal Disc sums up the story of The World before the events of Roots and G.U. There's some stuff on there that you haven't heard about, such as some details about Ovan's character.

If you use a PS2, you unlock videos as you progress in G.U.. If you use a computer with Windows Media Player Classic, you can watch all of them right away.
From "Terminal Disk Now with Media Player Classic" (thread contains   text)
JamesBeardIV wrote:Yep, Im serious. Just slam the disk into your computer and open the video files in the MOVIE folder with Media Player classic and you can watch them all now. Sweet!
Hrothgur wrote:
mrbobuchiha wrote:it still wont work it says:

Windows Media Player cannot open. You may need to reboot to complete installation of a downloaded component. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
well seeing as Windows media player and Media player classic are different things........yeah

you can download MPC here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... lassic.cfm
d5t wrote:Yeah we don't tolerate intellectual property linking of any kind-- although we're lenient on some stuff like trailers and next episode previews for example. But when linking cutscenes it's technically illegal because you're watching reproduced material without the copyrighter's consent. So watching all of the terminal disc on YouTube = evil and unethical. :Cool: So be careful, posts might be edited. Promote .hack//G.U. in a positive and fair use (legal) way.
From"Anyone know if there is anywhere I can import the SE from?"
Ryuuka wrote:Im in the UK, and I severly doubt this is going to get a European release. Any chance of me being able to import the special edition?
Kouen wrote:Ebay.
JamesBearIV wrote:This might be a long shot here.... but did you ever try, oh I dont know... gamestop.com?
NeoPhoenixTE wrote:In both the eBay and Gamestop cases, he'll likely need a tweaked PS2. All these games and stuff have region coding on them to prevent people from importing too much.

He'll have to wait for a copy of the game to be encoded in the UK region in order to play it on a normal PS2 in the UK. :(
Any threads after that about the termincal disc run the risk of thread necromancy. Key points from them..
  • Terminal Disc comes with the preorder Special Edition in the US, not the regular edition of the game
  • There's a planned relase of the Special Edition with Terminal Disc in Canada, but you can order it online (source thread)
  • Rumors of the Terminal Disc breaking your save file are floating around (link), but it was likely just bad timing for the only person to have it happen (source)
  • The movies on the terminal disc have indeed been redubbed, but using the same VAs from the original games (save for Lios, RIP Bob Papenbrook :() (source)
  • Clearing .hack//G.U. Vol 1 only unlocks file 06 and 10 on the terminal disc, while files 01 - 04 are unlocked when you get the terminal disc without beating anything. Any other files on there cannot be unlocked until after you beat Vol 2 and Vol 3. (source)
Two threads remain open, albeit they are a bit old and seem to fly all over the place
Maybe we can keep this thread alive long enough to actually talk about stuff on the terminal disc now? 8)
Last edited by NeoPhoenixTE on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

Yes. I want to know since I just got the
game yesterday how to add in more
files? I know that it is from .hack//GU vol.1
but I want to know how you can do that.
kirby_422
Location: At my computer chair; how else could I be talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

im sad, I preordered, and my EBgames dident get the terminal disks... well, since you can view the movies on your computer, can someone either upload all the movies here or make a torret? o well *sigh*
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

d5t wrote:Yeah we don't tolerate intellectual property linking of any kind-- although we're lenient on some stuff like trailers and next episode previews for example. But when linking cutscenes it's technically illegal because you're watching reproduced material without the copyrighter's consent. So watching all of the terminal disc on YouTube = evil and unethical. :Cool: So be careful, posts might be edited. Promote .hack//G.U. in a positive and fair use (legal) way.
kirby_422
Location: At my computer chair; how else could I be talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

well people have uploaded all the GU cutscenes to youtube O.o (well, they where there last time I checked acleast)

well, I gess ill just wait a week, they will probly be on youtube in a week or 2, then I can use the firefox flash save add on to download them all
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

People can upload what they want, but linking to it or requesting it here isn't allowed.
HaseoDeath

Post by HaseoDeath »

I don't see why people are interested in watching all the files on that media player classic... there's no sound, so what's the point?
NeoPhoenixTE

Post by NeoPhoenixTE »

It was working fine with me. Try the linked Media Player Classic in the thread. That one worked perfectly.
Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu »

For the record, beating volume 2 nets you 5, 8 and 9. And beating volume 3 nets you 7, 11 and 12.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Hmm, though by the way you wrote your reports it seemed that you had a voice over (in japanese mind you) is there supposed to be a voice overr when you use it o your computer as well...

Did anyone notice the new song playing near the beginning of the 3rd Terminal Disk, when Harald and Emma were beng talked about?
JamesBeardIV

Post by JamesBeardIV »

BTW, you can also watch the news capture files, Online Jack, and cut scenes on the original game disk with Media Player Classic also :D

Make sure your using media player clasic (google is your friend), not the media player that came with Windows.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: The Terminal Disc Thread

Post by Kuukai »

I've known this for a while, but I haven't been able to get audio to work, even with a specific pss-player codec...
NeoPhoenixTE wrote:The movies on the terminal disc have indeed been redubbed, but using the same VAs from the original games
I've heard some of the others are different.
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

Kuukai wrote:I've known this for a while, but I haven't been able to get audio to work, even with a specific pss-player codec...
NeoPhoenixTE wrote:The movies on the terminal disc have indeed been redubbed, but using the same VAs from the original games
I've heard some of the others are different.

Know about demuxing? There's a program for doing that with PPS files. If you keep the sound file in the same folder and with the same name as the video, mediaplayer classic will play them together automatically.
Wan
Diamond of Plenary
Diamond of Plenary

Post by Wan »

NeoPhoenixTE wrote:We managed to get every recent terminal disc thread on the first three pages locked, go us! XD

Here's highlights from all the locked threads so people know what's been covered.

From "Terminal Disk Questions"
SilverPhoenix wrote:I just cleared volume 1 and decided to try the terminal disk out bu all I can unlock are reports 6 and 10. Is that all for volume 1 or do I need to do something special to get more?
NeoPhoenixTE wrote:That's it for volume 1 I'm afraid. Gotta wait out volume 2.
Dont click the link if you dont want a major spoiler.

Thats what they say but This seems to justify things differently as opposed to that.

Now my question is: Did they use a codebreaker or gameshark for it.
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

Both works really.
I'm more interested in where they got their hands on the codes =o
I've been searching around but have yet to find any codes for the game anywhere.
Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu »

No codes *ever* worked for me to fully unlock the Terminal Disc (I was using an Xploder).
Hmm, though by the way you wrote your reports it seemed that you had a voice over (in japanese mind you) is there supposed to be a voice overr when you use it o your computer as well...
Should be. I had to demultiplex them to get the sound to work, though.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/downloa ... r_1.26.zip

There's A Decent PSS Player. It Doesn't Let You Fast Forward Or Pause, But It's Free And Fairly Small.

Also, I Don't Get The Point Of Playing It On Media Player Classic. You Won't Get Sound On ANYTHING But A .PSS Player.

However, If You Want To Use The Movies For Something Like .gifs... You Can Copy/Paste The File Somewhere Else, And Change The Extension From .PSS To .mpg. That Will Let You Run Them In Windows Media Player, And Change The Speed To Slow. If Anyone Cares. o.o
k-su

Post by k-su »

Kirby wrote:Also, I Don't Get The Point Of Playing It On Media Player Classic. You Won't Get Sound On ANYTHING But A .PSS Player.
Plays on myMedia Player Classic fine w/ sound.

Also, question about this next statement:
BTW, you can also watch the news capture files, Online Jack, and cut scenes on the original game disk with Media Player Classic also
Can we watch the ingame scenes too? I'd really love to be able to do that. Also, since this is an official DVD-Rom, will it letus save the files on it. I doubt it, but it couldnt hurt to ask, right?
(Then a bunch of Bandai-Namco ninja bust into my room and attack me)
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

The cutscenes (like when they're standing around talking regularly) are rendered i nthe game engine, so no, you can't view those without playing the game. That is, unless someone (*coughlazyandillegalcough*) would record them with a capture card or the likes.
JamesBeardIV

Post by JamesBeardIV »

Akunaeru wrote:The cutscenes (like when they're standing around talking regularly) are rendered i nthe game engine, so no, you can't view those without playing the game. That is, unless someone (*coughlazyandillegalcough*) would record them with a capture card or the likes.
Nope, your wrong. Unlike the last 4 games, the creators got lazy with this game and made all the cutscenes (end sequence, plases changing, Haseo getting PKed at start, etc) as mpeg2 video files just like the terminal files are. Easily seen in game if you ever seen a cutscene of Haseo with twin blades when you clearly had a broadsword equipped. I just got through watching them on my computer so I can assure you.

btw, nothing illegal about capturing with a capture card despite what the film industry wants you to believe, just how you use the content.