Which scene(s) did you think was the saddest?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Tsuki of the Silver Moon

Which scene(s) did you think was the saddest?

Post by Tsuki of the Silver Moon »

The scenes I thought were the saddest was in one of the episodes when the father of the person playing as Tsukasa wanted to shut off the life support system. That was so sad because my sister and I were like, "That's sad! Why wouldn't you want your own daughter to live?" Obviously, that's why Tsukasa is so sad. All the other memories he has in real life are sad too, but i thought this one was horrible.
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

I didn't find any scenes in .hack//sign actually sad (not like scenes in, say, Haibane Renmei).

P.S. I'm probably gonna be whomped for this, but the answers to your questions in your other thread are: The song in episode 23 is Senya Ichiya ("A Thousand Nights, One Night" in English); and the song in episode 26 (the correct number for Return) is A Stray Child. I agree with OrangeSlice in the wisdom of searching before asking questions, but I don't think the answer to your second question has ever been answered. I was busy saying as much in my reply, but the silly control-freak mods... er, I mean great and honourable mods locked the topic as I was typing.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

I was positively shocked when Tsukasa's father tried to take her off of life support. I agree it was really sad, but I was more angry than anything.

The scene that was saddest for me is when Maha sacrificed herself to save everyone. The poor kitty bot just gets tossed around for Morganna's purposes.
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

The life suppot takking away was really wronge and sad.I couldnt belive that her own father would do that i mean he is a total jerk but still,he has no right to do that to his own daughter!!margnargafarga!!(did that make any sence?lol! :wink: )
Ichida

Post by Ichida »

Yeah, that was pretty bad. I can't really think of any particular sad scene, since sad events occured as a general trend throughout //SIGN.
Tsuki of the Silver Moon

Thanks for the song help Belthazar! It really gives me an idea of which song lyrics I should get. I think you're first song answer was right because I think I heard that part in the song (I kept the episode to listen to because it's such a good song). I'll keep searching for the second one.
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

I can't think of a particular scene that was the saddest, there were so many scenes that were sad
Lady Subaru

Post by Lady Subaru »

I can't think of a sad scene. :? Oh I know! The part where the poor grunty dies! That made me and my cousin cry! :cry: The grunty was sooo kawaii! Why did it have to die?! T_T
Tsuki of the Silver Moon

I can't think of a sad scene. Oh I know! The part where the poor grunty dies! That made me and my cousin cry! The grunty was sooo kawaii! Why did it have to die?! T_T
I thought that was sad too! I cried a lot and I was like, "The grunty died!"
:cry: My sister was crying too because even though Tsukasa got the berries for it, he didn't make it. Thinking about it makes me want to cry now. :cry:
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

Tsuki of the Silver Moon wrote:
I can't think of a sad scene. Oh I know! The part where the poor grunty dies! That made me and my cousin cry! The grunty was sooo kawaii! Why did it have to die?! T_T
I thought that was sad too! I cried a lot and I was like, "The grunty died!"
:cry: My sister was crying too because even though Tsukasa got the berries for it, he didn't make it. Thinking about it makes me want to cry now. :cry:
That was soooo sad.Why must the cute die younge!!! :!: :!:
Last edited by DarkAngel on Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I would say the saddest part was when Morganna DD'd Sora. I would say that because just because he was like a fourth grader. He's an annoyance to most characters in the anime, he didn't deserve to be DD'd T_T
gokol

Post by gokol »

:cry: there are to many just to pick one :cry:
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

Helbaworshipper wrote:I would say the saddest part was when Morganna DD'd Sora. I would say that because just because he was like a fourth grader. He's an annoyance to most characters in the anime, he didn't deserve to be DD'd T_T
yeah he had finally did something good for once and he had to go comatose! :!: :!: I acually felt sorry for the lil kid! :?
DLH

Post by DLH »

when morganna abandons tsukasa. Sora is about 12

Edit: Try to avoid double-posting, especially when they're small posts to begin with ;-)
ashley

Post by ashley »

The childhood memories of Tsukasa.......
Very sad....to have a cruel father like that..... :x
What would you do, if you were in Tsukasa's place?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I'd just let myself suffer, but that's off topic. Well I also think the saddest is when those gaurdians killed Maha.
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

Well, When her dad wanted to turn her lfie support system fof :cry: when her dad took the cat away :cry: when her dad abused her for steeling girl's items because he wanted her to be the son he. and when th egurnty died! :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: i hate Tsuaksa's dad! :twisted:
Cyber Knight

Post by Cyber Knight »

I did not think that any of the parts in the sign seris was sad at all to tell u the truth, I mean some of the sences were emotional but it did not make me "sad".
sora1

Post by sora1 »

then you arent human
:D
~Kioku~

Post by ~Kioku~ »

The only time I was on the verge of tears was when Tsukasa's dad took away the kitten, he was taking care...gaaah. I'm getting teary eye right now thinking about. I love cats way too much.