End of Epiosde 11

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Rydis

End of Epiosde 11

Post by Rydis »

at the end of episode 11, there are two flashes of phrases. One in red and one in green. However, they are still in japaense with no stubtitles. Does anyone know what these 2 phrases say?
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

Assuming you're watching the American release of the show, turn on your subtitles and you should be able to read what it says. They're supposed to represent dialogue in the real world, IIRC.
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

I have it on DVR and I can't enable subtitles.
Nenja

Post by Nenja »

arent DVR extint by know?
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

Well I'm using PowerDVD on my computer and I can turn them on. Want me to watch the episode and tell you what it says?
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

No its, Ill look it up on youtube.

Thanks.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

I can't remember the exact dialouge but I'm pretty sure that it's Tsukassa's father and a docter talking IRL about her condition. He was asking to remove the life support system because he couldn't bear to see her that way.

that's the gist of it, so ya!
K1te

Post by K1te »

SnowManZero wrote:I can't remember the exact dialouge but I'm pretty sure that it's Tsukassa's father and a docter talking IRL about her condition. He was asking to remove the life support system because he couldn't bear to see her that way.

Yep, but if i remember correctly, the doctor said to wait a little while longer and the dad forced himself to remove the plug. (Which failed of course)
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

K1te wrote:
SnowManZero wrote:I can't remember the exact dialouge but I'm pretty sure that it's Tsukassa's father and a docter talking IRL about her condition. He was asking to remove the life support system because he couldn't bear to see her that way.

Yep, but if i remember correctly, the doctor said to wait a little while longer and the dad forced himself to remove the plug. (Which failed of course)
Didn't he succeed in unplugging life support, but Tsukasa wasn't in a grave enough situation for it to cause any problems for the brief moment it was unplugged?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Yes, since Tsukasa's player was using his lung support in only a support capacity.
VKV

Post by VKV »

blackphoenix wrote:
K1te wrote:

Didn't he succeed in unplugging life support, but Tsukasa wasn't in a grave enough situation for it to cause any problems for the brief moment it was unplugged?
Well in the end of episode 11 the doctor says first that: "You want to take off the life-support system?"
And fatrher says: "Yes please...do it/so."
(At least that is what read in my subbed version.)

And in the start of episode 12.
Doctor: "As I have said repeatedly, the vegetative state is different from being brain dead. Patients who are in a vegetative state have a possibility of recovery."
Doctor continues: "Please think about it carefully."
Father: "Like the family of Nancy Cruzan?"
Doctor: "You have done your research. However, in that case there is confirmation of the patient's wishes."
Father: "They were able to prove it with a statement of a friend. Her family...pursued the patient's right to death not because they spoke for her but...in reality they couldn't bear to see her like that."
Father continues: "So thin. Even though all the necessary nutrition is...available intravenously. It's strange."

Then we see little of Tsukasa and Mimiru and after this Tsukasa is speaking with Macha and Morganna, or to Morganna trough Macha it seems. And right when Tsukasa is spoking with them father unnplugs the lifesupport system and the doctor and a nurse rush in the room and the doctor yels: "What are you doing!" "Stop it" "Please! Calm down!" and he puts the lifesupport system back on.
Then Bear is talking with B.T. about what happened in the hospital that the situation wasn't critical because it was only a short while and it was lucky that respitaror was only for support.
And B.T. says that isn't that a attempt of murdr and Bear says it will probadly be explained as "temporary insanity". And so on.

That is pretty much how it goes. If anyone was interested anymore.