Macha

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

cloudy1

Macha

Post by cloudy1 »

What the heck is with Macha? Is he supposed to be Mia? I don't get his role at all. Explaine? Why does Kite think hes Mia?
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

I'm not sure what you mean. Kite never knew Macha. Anyway, Macha exists in three stages: Macha the silent cat, Mia the mock PC, and Macha as the sixth of the eight phases, and all three are the same entity. Hope this helps!
cyberconnect

Post by cyberconnect »

Macha (or Maha) was the cat AI that interacted with Tsukasa, and surved Morganna in .Hack//Sign.  Towards the end of Sign, Maha is Data Drained by 3 guardians, leaving us to believe it is dead.

In the games, Mia, the cat like PC which interacts with Elk, as well as your party, shows to have some 'strange' characteristics... such as being able to see your bracellet, as well as being effected by the Network crisis. Also, Mia is obsessed with Aromatic Grass, an item which Maha had as well.

Finally, Macha "The Tempest", who is both Maha and Mia (due to Mia is Maha) shows up in the final game, as the 6th Phase of the Wave.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Basically, Macha reincarnates in The World.
tsubasa

Post by tsubasa »

Macha is Mia and a deadly boss within the games. in the series macha has a piece of aromatic garss in his mouth and during the last episode tsukasa gives mia the piece of aromatic grass because he saw macha in mia and he was right.
Mia is an A.I. ; Mia is macha ; Macha is part of the wave
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

Maha = Macha... Macha is its true form which is uses during combat, while Maha is a cutsey form it assumed (or was forced to assume) in order to deal with players like Tsukasa.

Mia is, to use a GU Term the Avatar Wielder of Macha. She's a Vagrant AI that's had her memory altered so that she believes she's a Player. Macha's data is attached to her PC body, something she is unaware of.
Lady of the Azure Sky

Post by Lady of the Azure Sky »

perhaps you remember in volume 5 (I think), there is an episode where Tsukasa gives Macha a stalk of grass, which he keeps with him (her?) until Morganna destroys it. I wonder if that has anything to do with Mia's aeromatic grass infatuation...
samothea

Post by samothea »

Lady of the Azure Sky wrote:I wonder if that has anything to do with Mia's aeromatic grass infatuation...
indeed it does. aromatic grass reminds Mia of Tsukasa's kindness towards her, so she goes out looking for it with Elk (who also reminds her of him).
Rade

Post by Rade »

I've only completed Infection, although I know the story of the games due to G.U's Terminal Disk. But I just watched Unision and was confused by the fact that Mia is still around even though Kite defeated the Phase, Macha. The Terminal Disk didnt mention Mia after that, so I presumed she had been destroyed like all the other Phases, so why is she in Unision?
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

After the events in //Quarantine, Kite receives an e-mail from Aura giving him the keywords to a dungeon. When he reaches the bottom of the dungeon, he confronts a boss similar to the dumbells from //Sign. When he defeats the boss, Macha (in //SIGN form) appears, but then transforms back to Mia. Mia doesn't remember some things, but she is freed from the control of Morganna. Unison then occurs not far beyond then end of Quarantine, hence, why Mia is still around.
Rade

Post by Rade »

Ah ok, thanks for the info :) I forgot to ask this in my previous post, but while we're on the subject, does Kite also  get the Bracelet back?
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

He does. He is even seen briefly using it in Unison.
Rade

Post by Rade »

Yeah, that's why I asked lol :D Thanks for the info again.
Death_Grunty

Post by Death_Grunty »

i believe Macha is a wnadering character created by Morgana it has no physical player it's basicly just data
Aera

Post by Aera »

lol this thread has like like 5 explanations of the same thing reworded.

but macha is definately the best of all charries in .hack//sign... as my laptop is named after him/her.
Jakal Of Twilight

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

spoiler
(G.U) Isn't Endrance's cat also named Mia, I noticed it while watching one of the movies, he goes "Mia"and then she/he meows and turns into it's AIDA form
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, but they're not the same entity.
The Azure Wind

Post by The Azure Wind »

Jakal Of Twilight wrote:spoiler

(G.U) Isn't Endrance's cat also named Mia, I noticed it while watching one of the movies, he goes "Mia"and then she/he meows and turns into it's AIDA form
There is A connection with Endrance and MIA in the GU fourms

Rade wrote:I've only completed Infection, although I know the story of the games due to G.U's Terminal Disk. But I just watched Unision and was confused by the fact that Mia is still around even though Kite defeated the Phase, Macha. The Terminal Disk didnt mention Mia after that, so I presumed she had been destroyed like all the other Phases, so why is she in Unision?
Mia Does show up in the Terminal Disk  Jun Co find her and destroys her data for Avatar Users

Anyways back on topic Maha(is also a girl) is basically Mia just been re-modified but has some sort of her old memory espically with the Atomic Grass Also Mia memory gets worse before she turns to her sixth phase Macha
Orca Descendant of Fianna

Macha

Post by Orca Descendant of Fianna »

I just bought the dothack//sign dvd collection and watched it all but...

why does macha attack tuskasa with the guardian monster and then feels bad for him and sacrifices himself to save tuskasa and subaru?
Marauder_44

Post by Marauder_44 »

Maha's loyalty is to Morganna, what ever she wants Maha does, well, at least at the start of the series. when Maha was pissed it was because tsukasa made Morganna furious with his disobedience.
after that when tsukasa was catatonic he still treated maha with kindness so that got to Maha and she decided to help tsukasa out