Takayama

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Nukie

Takayama

Post by Nukie »

If I recall correctly, Vol 3 of Liminality took place in Hida, Takayama. I had the pleasure of visiting this small town myself this summer. It truly is beautiful, however I wasn't able to track down the locations mentioned in Liminality, mostly because I lost the 3rd OAV. That aside, its very similar to the anime: lush, green forest everywhere, surrounded by mountains. If there is any interest, I would be happy to post the pictures I took there. :D

It was one of my favorite places in any anime, and it was even more enchanting in person.
the forgotten one

Post by the forgotten one »

i wish i could go there XD, as for liminality disc, that sucks, but why would you look for the places mensioned ( i dont know how to spell that) in the movie anyways?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

To see if they actually existed, I mean...some might exist.
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

I would like to some day travel to that place too. You get a unexplainable feeling when you experience something yourself. I bet it feels good to go to a place mentioned in an anime. You get thinking, it's almost as if they were here in the past.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I've been there, it's very rustic, a lot like it is in the show. I too was a loss for exactly what places were shown in liminality, so I just followed my Japan tourist instinct and climbed the closest steep hill ^^
VKV

Post by VKV »

*sigh* It would be so nice to get to go to such a place.
But I'm too far from there. I so like peacefull places.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I used to live near there before I moved. Pictures would be nice. I'm sure people would like to see.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:I used to live near there before I moved. Pictures would be nice. I'm sure people would like to see.