Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Jordy

.hack//intermezzo

Post by Jordy »

Can anyone tell me whut this is about.
Reon

Post by Reon »

-I believe its on the opening page to dothackers.net. Its a bonus episode (Number 27) of Mimiru's encounters in the world. Im not sure if this takes place before or after .hack//SIGN. I tend to believe its before Tsukasa finally logs out, but as i said earlier, im unsure.  Basically, Mimiru looked up to this powerful character (as her mentor) that looked extremely like Gardenia of the .hack games. But the thing was, she was played by three seperate senior girls in high school. They vowed to level this one "Shared" character up to the maximum level (Level 99) before they graduated or the character would be destroyed. However, in the end, Gardenia sacrifices herself in a dungeon (trying to save a female player character that wasn't strong enough to fight the monster in that level) and the character remains there, still and appearing as a glass statue. Mimiru towards the end pays respect and the episode ends.
-This episode, along with Unison ( Episode 28 ) is on the Sixth DVD of .hack//SIGN entitled .hack//SIGN Version 06: Terminus.
-If my version is hard to understand, like i said,go to http://dothackers.net/intermezzo.php for another summary or ask me questions on where you got lost. If that one is also unclear,i may be able to find a episode summary on another site. Hope i helped you somewhat.
-Reon
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

The episode happened before she even met and before Tsukasa went into a coma.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

The episode happened before she even met and before Tsukasa went into a coma.
 Mimiru mentions something about Tsukasa and she and Bear are avoiding all of the monsters on thier way to the deepest level. So the episode happens after Tsukasa goes into a coma, but it is unclear wether it is before or after Tsukasa is able to log out and Aura's awakening.

EDIT:  Just to clear any confusion the flashbacks took place before .hack//sign. The part where Mimiru and Bear are walking through the dungeon is either sometime during or after .hack//sign. :D
Owenashi

Post by Owenashi »

After watching this episode, I can't help but wonder, MMORPG limitations aside...

...if the Gardenia from the .hack game has some relation to the look-alike in this episode. As in perhaps one of the girls decided to come back and play a new version of the character by herself or if it's someone else who used to be an admirer of the original Long Arm and decided to emulate her. So far I've gotten past Gardenia's dungeon in //OUTBREAK and haven't seen word one about it either way. Perhaps in //QUARANTINE. After all, I kinda find it hard to believe it's all one big concidence, seeing how The World is like. :) Ah well..
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

I'm not sure when this whole episode takes place but it's about  Mimiru when she's a little girl...she met a character controlled by 3 people...they apparently taught her about The World...Mimiru considers them her mentor...I think the other people have more info --
Owenashi

Post by Owenashi »

t_s_u_k_a_s_a wrote:I'm not sure when this whole episode takes place but it's about  Mimiru when she's a little girl...she met a character controlled by 3 people...they apparently taught her about The World...Mimiru considers them her mentor...I think the other people have more info --
It's not so much that with Mimiru rather then..

...that's what I believe to be her first PC in The World. I think soon after, she remade it into the current look she has now. I wouldn't be surprised if she chose those yellow markings on her PC in order to honor 'Gardenia'.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

Owenashi wrote:
t_s_u_k_a_s_a wrote:I'm not sure when this whole episode takes place but it's about  Mimiru when she's a little girl...she met a character controlled by 3 people...they apparently taught her about The World...Mimiru considers them her mentor...I think the other people have more info --
It's not so much that with Mimiru rather then..

...that's what I believe to be her first PC in The World. I think soon after, she remade it into the current look she has now. I wouldn't be surprised if she chose those yellow markings on her PC in order to honor 'Gardenia'.
oooo yes that's what I meant ^-^ ...and that "yellow markings" theory makes sense...