Question from a newb

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Jordy

Question from a newb

Post by Jordy »

Can anyone give me a better description to the plot of the dot hackworld like games and the anime... thank you.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Well, it's kinda hard to put it all in one summary so I'll give you a little timeline! :D

A.I. Buster->SIGN->ZERO->the 4 games->LotTB (manga version)->G.U.
Ovan

Post by Ovan »

Like milliennium_fox said its kinda hard to explain all of it what about it do you want to know? character information? Time line? <which milliennium gave you> story? be more specific ^^
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Go to the official .hack site. They have a timeline, character data, everything. This is the official site, so I do not think the administrator would have a problem with me posting it... *crosses fingers*

dothack.com (Actually, it is kind of obvious, isn't it?)

Once it loads, (It is kind of screwed up, right now) scroll until you see a link to the original site. All the info you can want is there.
Jordy

thanks

Post by Jordy »

ok ill do that thanks for the replies.
Terror_of_Death

Post by Terror_of_Death »

Just in case you had problems with the website. Here is a list of everything .hack and a brief description of its contents:

.hack//AI Buster (A novel that describes the adventures of a debugger named Albiero and his encounters with a Vagrant AI).
.hack//sign (An anime that follows the adventures of a young wavemaster named Tsukasa, who is trapped in the world).
.hack//intermezzo (which would be considered an OVA, is the backstory of Mirimu and her first encounters in the world. So technically it could be considered to happen before .hack//sign).
.hack//zero (which is another novel that takes place shortly after .hack//sign). I am not too sure about the story of this one.
.hack//infection (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//mutation (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//outbreak (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//quarantine (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//liminality (An anime series, which takes place the same time as the video games, except for its events happen in the real world. Also, its a seperate story that is unrelated to Kite and Blackrose).
.hack//unison (An anime, which is technically episode 28 of sign, but it includes all of the video game characters as well so it should fit in here in the timeline).
.hack//gift (An anime spoof that is supposed to bring some humor to the series).
.hack//udeden or Legend of the Twilight Bracelt (A manga/anime series that follows the adventures of two twins, brother and sister Shuugo and Rena as they try to solve the mystery of Aura and the World).
.hack//g.u. (Video game, not much is known about the actual story so far).

I hope this helps you out.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

yeah it definantly does way helpful thanks.
milliennium_fox

As for //Zero, it's about the A.I. Sora Morganna creates from the real Sora. The A.I. Sora becomes free of Morganna's control and decides to kill Aura (who has still barely been awakened) but Morganna counters this by using a longarm PC named Karl. I don't know much more than that but I know Orca and Balmung as well as Subaru play some role in it... :?

EDIT:
Oh yeah! Don't forget about the 4 novels //Another Birth! They cover the games through Blackrose's point of view! :D
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Come to think of it, some time ago I saw an English version of \\ZERO (which is pretty rare here) for sale at a bookstore. Was I stupid for not buying it?

PS:Jordy: If you want to make that image in your signature show up without the link, put: [img](your pic's URL here)[/img]
milliennium_fox

Er?! English version?? How can that be? Nobody has picked up //Zero for translation yet! :?
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Uh, what book? *runs to the bookstore*

I'm kidding, maybe the cover was in English, or something, I can't remember. I just remember being somewhere in a mall and seeing the words .hack\\ZERO.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Terror_of_Death wrote:.hack//zero (which is another novel that takes place shortly after .hack//sign). I am not too sure about the story of this one.
I've read .hack//ZERO (or at least volume 1, the only one that's been released so far), and I'm still not too sure about the story. It's set in the six months between the end of //SIGN and the beginning of the games. It features Aura, someone who appears to be Sora, and a girl who can't possibly exist given her age, the known .hack timeline, and when her parents met. Balmung, Sieg, Subaru, and An also make appearances.
Twilight Wave

Post by Twilight Wave »

.Hack is based upon Harald creating a Perfect AI. The Key of Twilight, Aura, is just thi and morganna tries to prevent it. The 8 Phases gather information about humans to have the AI learn...thats practically it..
UMMX

Post by UMMX »

Terror_of_Death wrote:Just in case you had problems with the website. Here is a list of everything .hack and a brief description of its contents:

.hack//AI Buster (A novel that describes the adventures of a debugger named Albiero and his encounters with a Vagrant AI).
.hack//sign (An anime that follows the adventures of a young wavemaster named Tsukasa, who is trapped in the world).
.hack//intermezzo (which would be considered an OVA, is the backstory of Mirimu and her first encounters in the world. So technically it could be considered to happen before .hack//sign).
.hack//zero (which is another novel that takes place shortly after .hack//sign). I am not too sure about the story of this one.
.hack//infection (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//mutation (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//outbreak (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//quarantine (Video game that describes the story of Kite and his plights in the world surrounding the mysteries of Aura and the comatose vicitims.)
.hack//liminality (An anime series, which takes place the same time as the video games, except for its events happen in the real world. Also, its a seperate story that is unrelated to Kite and Blackrose).
.hack//unison (An anime, which is technically episode 28 of sign, but it includes all of the video game characters as well so it should fit in here in the timeline).
.hack//gift (An anime spoof that is supposed to bring some humor to the series).
.hack//udeden or Legend of the Twilight Bracelt (A manga/anime series that follows the adventures of two twins, brother and sister Shuugo and Rena as they try to solve the mystery of Aura and the World).
.hack//g.u. (Video game, not much is known about the actual story so far).

I hope this helps you out.
Unison and Gift are the samething really. Gift is just more funny and has more jokes in it. also There are three storys before G.U. SO i think we should try to find out more about them first.