Are they ever going to get a "complete set" out?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Tack

Are they ever going to get a "complete set" out?

Post by Tack »

Will they ever release a complete set with all the episodes, not just the 26 from //sign? In fact are they even going to release the missing episodes at all?
S1lentOp

Re: Are they ever going to get a "complete set" out?

Post by S1lentOp »

The show is 8 years old and since then there have been three releases of the series. I doubt you're going to see a truly complete collection unless you bought all the DVDs separately or you bought one of the two compilations and supplemented it.
Tack

Post by Tack »

S1lentOp wrote:The show is 8 years old and since then there have been three releases of the series. I doubt you're going to see a truly complete collection unless you bought all the DVDs separately or you bought one of the two compilations and supplemented it.
The problem is that you'd have to either get the missing episodes either imported from Japan or fansubbed.

There are alot of .hack fans here in the U.S., you'd think Bandai would release the whole thing officially. :(

EDIT: It's .hack//unison and .hack//intermezzo right?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The original "limited edition" release had the 26 TV episodes + Intermezzo + Unison. The only episode it didn't have was Gift, which came with the games...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:The original "limited edition" release had the 26 TV episodes + Intermezzo + Unison. The only episode it didn't have was Gift, which came with the games...
This?

http://www.amazon.com/hack-SIGN-Limited ... B000087F7W

EDIT: Wrong one.

http://www.amazon.com/hack-SIGN-Complet ... 639&sr=1-4
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Kuukai wrote:The original "limited edition" release had the 26 TV episodes + Intermezzo + Unison. The only episode it didn't have was Gift, which came with the games...
None of the complete sets had Unison in it. You needed to purchase the Limited Edition copy of the Terminus DVD in order to get that episode.

Especially not that one, Tack.
Tack

Post by Tack »

Is it on Amazon or just one Ebay?

Thank you, by the way. :)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

S1lentOp wrote:
None of the complete sets had Unison in it. You needed to purchase the Limited Edition copy of the Terminus DVD in order to get that episode.
Umm:
Tack wrote:The problem is that you'd have to either get the missing episodes either imported from Japan or fansubbed.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Kuukai wrote:
S1lentOp wrote:
Umm:
Tack wrote:The problem is that you'd have to either get the missing episodes either imported from Japan or fansubbed.
And yet you don't. All you need to do to have all of the episodes of .hack//SIGN, excluding GIFT, is to buy any of the current collections plus the LE Terminus DVD. GIFT comes with one of the .hack games. There's no importing or fansubbing involved. There never really was. So what is your point exactly?
Tolby wrote:Yeah, apparently for 5 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/hack-SIGN-Terminu ... 153&sr=8-1
It's also here for $8.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 1691/4/0/0
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

S1lentOp wrote:
Kuukai wrote:
S1lentOp wrote:
Umm:
And yet you don't. All you need to do to have all of the episodes of .hack//SIGN, excluding GIFT, is to buy any of the current collections plus the LE Terminus DVD. GIFT comes with one of the .hack games. There's no importing or fansubbing involved. There never really was. So what is your point exactly?
My point is that, I'm pretty sure. Think we just misread each other...
Tack

Post by Tack »

I hoped that there was an official release, and there was. :) So no point bringing it up now.

I wanted to buy the official release anyway.

EDIT: Got my answer, so you can lock this topic now. or should it just be deleted?

Also, ordering it. Thanks everyone who helped me find it. :)

2nd EDIT: Saw the sticky in the Root section, and I wasn't hinting or suggesting anything. I like this forum and don't wish to be banned.

So are we cool?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You didn't do anything wrong. People are still allowed to mention the word "fansubbed", just not ask for/provide them...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Sigh, I SWORE I was just going to get that limited edition, and so long story short I got the whole thing.

The individuals are so cheao it would be easier to get them instead of these complete sets. It was around 10-15, wow.

.hack MARATHON. :lol:
Kuukai wrote:You didn't do anything wrong. People are still allowed to mention the word "fansubbed", just not ask for/provide them...
The subject is a bit touchy these days, that's why I didn't want to take a chance. But thanks for informing me. :)

OFF topic: Should I get a stuffed Grunty?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Tack wrote:OFF topic: Should I get a stuffed Grunty?
Yes. d5t and I both own like entire Grunty families. It's kinda crazy...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:
Tack wrote:OFF topic: Should I get a stuffed Grunty?
Yes. d5t and I both own like entire Grunty families. It's kinda crazy...
Is there a place you suggest getting them? 8)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Ebay's good for the purple one. I had to buy the Udeden box from a used dvd shop in Japan in order to get the Chibiguso, though...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:Ebay's good for the purple one. I had to buy the Udeden box from a used dvd shop in Japan in order to get the Chibiguso, though...
There are different types? :shock:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Damn right there are. Everyone should own stuffed Grunties. I have like three.