Relativity

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Balmung2

Relativity

Post by Balmung2 »

I hadn't really seen why they had these discs with the games untill the 4th game, was this the same with anyone else?
Orca2

Post by Orca2 »

Yeah, pretty much.(sorry i busted the first one in //infection!!!!!)Though still i dont see why its included.the only thing on there that i care 4 anyway is the bonus material. :?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

The //Liminality OVAs give you the story of what is happening in the real world. That way you are able to more fully immerse yourself into how much the The Wave is affecting both the game and the real world. The main purpose of the //Liminality OVAs is to give extra depth to the over-all story.
Iron Grunty

Post by Iron Grunty »

Only noobs felt that way? awww thats to bad...no im not implying anything

Anyways Liminality was a must! As Beowulf said it was helping the overall .Hack plot =X And also some of the tracks were awesome ^^
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Really, I mean, when you finally figure out that they interlink each other, It REALLY imerses you, Im just saying that I figured it out in Quarantine, I didn't see why beacuse they didn't have it plainly said, though they didn't need to. I was just a little slow :? .......[/spoiler]
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

lol, well in my case I knew almost immediatly that there was a connection between //Liminality and the games. But that the reason for that could be because I had been very actively looking and re-looking for any and all connections between //Liminality and .hack in general. Also, if you still had .hack//sign fresh in your memory while watching //Liminality you would recognize the  "A" note, which was heard in both the .hack//sign and //Liminality. But then again, I believe that the main reason that I immediatly knew how connected //Liminality to the games and to .hack//sign was a result of me being so obsessed over everything .hack//. I was extremely interested in finding out all the background and reg. story information that I could. So, that is my story. :wink:
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

:| well, though I do remember the note, I wasn't looking for any big connections, but did you know what the connection was at the time?

Oh, and I would have figured it out on the 3rd, but I thought I had seen it, but I only saw the previews from g4tv. I just watched the full episode last night.I was bored, so I watched them again, and I figured out why I was so confused.
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

The two real big connection for me, which I forgot to add :roll: , was  the comas that occured as a result of playing "The World". When both Mai and Tomonari(her boyfriend) fell into comas and when Mr. Tokuoka told Mai that at least six different people in the same condition as Tomonari's condition in Japan alone. Also the from the few images of "The World" the image of the girl giggling behind one of the pillars. That girl (I believed at the time and still do) is Aura. Those are the really big connections that I saw between //Liminality and the games. However, I think that the first time that you really see how exactly the people in //Liminality and the game are connected is in the third //Liminality disk.
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Beowulf wrote:The two real big connection for me, which I forgot to add :roll: , was  the comas that occured as a result of playing "The World". When both Mai and Tomonari(her boyfriend) fell into comas and when Mr. Tokuoka told Mai that at least six different people in the same condition as Tomonari's condition in Japan alone. Also the from the few images of "The World" the image of the girl giggling behind one of the pillars. That girl (I believed at the time and still do) is Aura. Those are the really big connections that I saw between //Liminality and the games. However, I think that the first time that you really see how exactly the people in //Liminality and the game are connected is in the third //Liminality disk.
Exactly. I knew that it had to do with ""The world" and more, but I just didn't see how it affected the game untill the 3rd. I guess my wording could confuse people.
Iron Grunty

Post by Iron Grunty »

The News in the game mentions one event in every Liminality o_o..=X
Icemasta

Post by Icemasta »

I think after you first beat cubia... or was it when you kill the third phase but anyway, once you kill them you get a News that says "The internet went down for (forgot) hours, the lights are all buggy and stuff" and in Liminalty part 2, you see what happened, the panic, and other stuff (i need to rewatch them)
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Oh yeah, I remember that, after you beat innis or magus, that happens. Hmmm.....I guess I forgot about that. But like I said, i did see them a little out of order. :?
thefullmetalalchemist

Post by thefullmetalalchemist »

i know of a small and insignificant place that they show connection in infection and the liminality discs. if you look at the zeit statue forum where they show the rankings mai's boyfriend's character is in the ranking i don't remember what place he was (i think it was third or something) but that was about the only occurance they seemed to happen except for the news to me
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

thefullmetalalchemist wrote:if you look at the zeit statue forum where they show the rankings mai's boyfriend's character is in the ranking i don't remember what place he was (i think it was third or something)
It should be one below Balmung, if I'm remembering .hack//ZERO correctly.
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

In the second part [In the Case of Yuki Aihara] when Yuki goes to the movies, the words "The World" flashes on the screen then all the power goes out. thats a cause of Morganna. She's growing in size due to her malfunction and she is growing outside of the system into the real world.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

thefullmetalalchemist wrote:(i think it was third or something)
Yes indeed, he was third place, after Balmung and Orca.
Kite_of_the_Twilight

Post by Kite_of_the_Twilight »

Suyo wrote:In the second part [In the Case of Yuki Aihara] when Yuki goes to the movies, the words "The World" flashes on the screen then all the power goes out. thats a cause of Morganna. She's growing in size due to her malfunction and she is growing outside of the system into the real world.

I think that it is actually that Morganna is attempting to leave "The World" so she will be out of Aura's reach forever, as Aura was meant to DD her, to absorb her data and become what she was intended to be. That is why Morganna placed restrictions on Aura, so she couldn't use DD. So, she gave the Book to Orca, but it came to Kite instead. Once Fitchell was killed, Morganna realized that she couldn't stop Kite, so she tried to leave. The internet failiures in the real world were caused by her attempts to leave. When she failed to escape, she redoubled her efforts to destroy Kite.
AionRahm

Post by AionRahm »

I got it when i watched the first episode
thefullmetalalchemist

Post by thefullmetalalchemist »

I can't wait to learn about Morganna Mode Gone I'm just one game away and an entire series to knowing about everything .Hack//
Ryu32

Post by Ryu32 »

thefullmetalalchemist wrote:I can't wait to learn about Morganna Mode Gone I'm just one game away and an entire series to knowing about everything .Hack//
You don't actually learn "everything". There are still the "myserties" and such, but yea...