What does SIGN mean?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Shmittles The Poe

Re: What does SIGN mean?

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

Sometimes things need to be said in more basic terms.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Alkaid_loves_Haseo wrote:
The point is-whatever you want to interprit it as would almost be considerd right
It's basiclally just up to the individual.
Shmittles The Poe wrote:Sometimes things need to be said in more basic terms.
Yes, but there was nothing about what SnowManZero said that needed to be said more simply. It was plain and clear already. All Alkaid_loves_Haseo did was basically say the same thing, which was unnecessary and therefore spam. Now if SnowManZero had said something like...

"The ambiguous nature of the title poses quite a conundrum with a potentially controversial solution, but also implies a level of freedom that is given to the the viewer by the architect of this tale so that the individual may freely accept or reject an unlimited amount of subjective, yet plausible definitions of said title, and very possibly illuminate a neoteric perspective that may or may not be antithetic to the view previously held by the viewer based on the varying definitions that one may discover. These perspectives, however, may differ as each individual viewer perceives the story and can multifariously experienced" ...

then yes, it would have been okay to say it in a simpler way like "The meaning of the title is really up to each person. Since the creators never gave it an official meaning, whatever you think it means could be right."
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

S1lentOp wrote:Yes, but there was nothing about what SnowManZero said that needed to be said more simply. It was plain and clear already.
I believe that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway, on topic, I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, in part 4 of .hack//another birth, there's a part that puts a lot of emphasis on the word "Sign." It was talking about the phases each being a "Sign" of the wave... or something. Anyway, yeah, more direct possibilities for the meaning of "sign."

It's odd though. since skeith was really the only phase appearing in .hack//sign. Well, then there's Macha I guess... Anyway, it seems strange to think of it that way, but I couldn't help but notice when the book put so much emphasis on the word "sign."