Phallic Imagery

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whoa, nicely done Umbra. No offense AT, but Umbra did make it better.
I know. I asked him to.
I throw my opinion on why Cubia also falls into the category of phallic imagery out there, but this thread isn't in the right section for that. Unless AT or Umbra give me a go ahead, or this moves to General Chat, I'll keep my mouth shut.
Oh what the hell, go for it. Here, I'll start you off. Cubia looks like a big dick (kinda helps because he acts like one), and it fits with his symbolism as Anti-Existence, being Kite's opposite, because let's face it, Kite's a p*ssy.
Last edited by AuraTwilight on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Umbra wrote:You posted specifically to contribute that? ¬_¬ There is no joke in your statement, and any sarcasm is undetectable.

*Bashes with spiked'd'd Bigotry Bat*
*shrugs*

Hey,don't blame me if you can't keep up with joking without an emotocon or [/sarcasm] or j/k to help you.

And that was a joke as well.

In fact,now that I look back,I DID use the :wink: emotocon........oh.....

Well anyway.

*hits umbra back with pala ardente del moderatore,after deflecting the bat*

Continue with the topic.

Oh,and Umbra...... :wink:

I myself wouldn't lock this thread anyway,so keeping that in mind,what I said was valid.
I was just makign a joke out of it.

I've nothing to say to whatever point is being made,so....

I leave you with the greatest gift of all. A sausage platter
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

God wrote:Oh what the hell, go for it. Here, I'll start you off. Cubia looks like a big dick (kinda helps because he acts like one), and it fits with his symbolism as Anti-Existence, being Kite's opposite, because let's face it, Kite's a p*ssy.
Lawl, not exactly what I had in mind. :P
Funny, but... no.

I was more referring to  G.U. Cubia. I mean, just look at the core. It screams man-nuggets.
From an actual literary perspective, this could be because Cubia is the only thing left standing in the way of Haseo's goals, which due to the theme of "Grow Up" that's clear in Redemption, could be interpreted as a rite of passage into manhood. It could also be because Haseo is not under anyone's control/being manipulated anymore, and by defeating Cubia he asserts himself as the alpha male of "The World" or something like that.

Spoilered to save the mental stability of any noobs.

Next on the "Milk for sexual connentations" list: The Serpent of Lore. The Oroborus is a big snake right? INNUENDO!

Freud: JA! SCHLANGE = PENIS!

You're kidding me... I can't type penis? I can type vagina but not penis?
I just died a little inside.

Penis.

>_>
Crow wrote:I leave you with the greatest gift of all. A sausage platter
Gigglesnort.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Azure crow is talking back to umbra <_<;;;you got more ka-hon-eys then me.
-Umbra bans azure crow for talking back- <_<;;

and personally I don't get how cubia looks like....that...I though it looked more like some tentical  Hentai monster (the barbell too XD) *cough cough* seen some manga I shouldn't have and yet I looked them up XD... >__>; don't judge me D:< )

Either way do you honestly believe the creators made it like that on pourpos? I mean a big barbell would fit the .hack image of "other worldly" wouldn't it? the bar bell doesn't have to be some masculines symbol or even be anything, hell they could have just been high when they made it and when they sobered up they said "hey...it looks cool...keep it"
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

Ratsu wrote:Azure crow is talking back to umbra <_<;;;you got more ka-hon-eys then me.
-Umbra bans azure crow for talking back- <_<;;

and personally I don't get how cubia looks like....that...I though it looked more like some tentical  Hentai monster (the barbell too XD) *cough cough* seen some manga I shouldn't have and yet I looked them up XD... >__>; don't judge me D:< )

Either way do you honestly believe the creators made it like that on pourpos? I mean a big barbell would fit the .hack image of "other worldly" wouldn't it? the bar bell doesn't have to be some masculines symbol or even be anything, hell they could have just been high when they made it and when they sobered up they said "hey...it looks cool...keep it"
We'll pro'ly never know if they intended that, but it can be interpreted that way. Nothing has to be anything, but it can be. The same can be said for any form of good media, writers add depth to things that most people don't notice.

Do I need to get an image to back my theory up? 8)
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Ratsu wrote:Azure crow is talking back to umbra <_<;;;you got more ka-hon-eys then me.
Not at all.
Although it may look that way...*covers mouth with hand in thinking position*

I'm just defending my writing style.

Nothing has to be anything
Keeping that in mind,every steam gunner is perverted,eh?
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

wow... AT... i am afraid of someone put a GIANT dose of LSD in your juce.

bear and mimiru are amost nakid :shock:

i can't see tsukasa having sex in a ******* wheelchair...

EDIT: I CAN'T SAY *******???
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

Azure crow wrote:
Nothing has to be anything
Keeping that in mind,every steam gunner is perverted,eh?
Nah, it just means that there can be more depth to things than you first realize. You can interpret things however you want too. Your personal background/mindset can give meaning to things that might not necessarily have any meaning to others.

Although Ovan does seem to have a thing for loli's...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

....that's his sister du-well, that never stopped any .hack characters before.
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

Exactly.

Another one of the reasons the LotT anime was wrong. I don't care if he was only attracted to her PC, IT WAS HIS FRIGGIN' SISTER!!! :evil:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whatever. You know it was hot.
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

Master, I'm fear gonna have to cut out that all-seeing eye of yours. It haunts me ever so much...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We all know you're typing on the forums with one hand, but who knows what your other hand is hol-Oh wait, I do know. Your fapping dick.

At your sister.

STFU NOOB
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

My sister is at school, and if you saw her, you'd understand why there would be no dick-fapping.

Secondly, Funny story about my manhood. Let's just say you should always listen to you parents when they say "Don't run with scissors!".

My comebacks SUCK.
shio

Post by shio »

YES! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THAT! YES YES YES! XD I LOVE YOU FOREVER AURA!
lukan
Author of "Black And White And..."
Author of "Black And White And..."
Location: Land of Prinnies, DOOD!!! Now with more pancakes!!(member of the Rotton Peaches)

Post by lukan »

er the symbolism with the Guardian is nice and all..
how does that explain them being in random dungeons
later in the game??
Is it like saying that a bunch of dicks are (literally) running around the World

_-_-_
Toszi
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, there you go. Several dicks without protection (AKA, they don't need to be Protect Broken) are running around the word, spreading around viruses and infections. And who's RECEIVING all of those infections and viruses? Za Warudo, also known as Morganna, a female entity playing the role of unwilling Mother, trying to abort an unwanted pregnancy.

PWNED.
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

Hoshi- AT brought out the big guns that time. :roll:

Feel the burn of gawd.
kite114

Re:

Post by kite114 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, there you go. Several dicks without protection (AKA, they don't need to be Protect Broken) are running around the word, spreading around viruses and infections. And who's RECEIVING all of those infections and viruses? Za Warudo, also known as Morganna, a female entity playing the role of unwilling Mother, trying to abort an unwanted pregnancy.

PWNED.
i never thoufght of it that way correct me if im wrong but it might be like the people falling into comas they are dieing from the infection
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Phallic Imagery

Post by AuraTwilight »

That has nothing to do with my post, though.