ending discussion(blatant spoilers)

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

crosbie394

ending discussion(blatant spoilers)

Post by crosbie394 »

i'm confused by the ending as well,  but what we know is that sora was data drained by skeith. when skeith entered the net slums, then helba deleted the field. however, straight after we here the noise that (if you have watched liminality) the players here just before they go into a coma, so it is in my opinion that there is a possibility that the players have not logged out, and are trapped in coma state. The meeting with subaru's player looks like it might be one of the tricks played by morganna, as we see that just as they are about to touch, they are stopped and we see they are digital, maybe a way to show tsukasa that what he desires will now never be.

In liminality, it is said that there are numerous coma's among the players, so this is a possibility.

also, maha is apparently Mia in the games(according to dothackers.net)and i found it awfully sad when she got killed, i knew it was coming ever since tsukasa gave her the stem and leaf, but it still upset me.

The bit i do not get is who morganna is talking to at the end, when we see the giant mobile phone, and then that tower with the red digital panel on that we see at the beginning.

::Spoiler tag added::
Yes, title of the topic does state that there are going to be spoilers in here;however, you should still use spoilers as a safety precaution. Anytime that spoilers are discussed (even if there is a warning in the title) you need to use the spoiler tag. Please keep this in mind for the next time that you post and/or create a new topic. Beowulf
The Terror Of Death

Post by The Terror Of Death »

what you say is interesting as i havent really considered that, but then again i havent seen that ep in a while.

there have been a few things about the ending that i have come up with:

from what i hear, skeith didnt really Data Drained Sora, if you look closely, then yeah it looks like hes being Data Drained, but i heard Sora's Soul (or rather the PC's data) was re-written and thats how skeith's wand came to be,as Skeith appeared after Sora's image went away. it isnt likely that the Sign characters went comatose after the net slum incident, as helba evacuated them from the field when skieth appeared, so it is most likely that subaru,mimiru and Tsukasa made it out ok as they didnt get blocked from leaving where morganna was like sora did.

as for that whole thing with Subaru and Tsukasa in the real world, im not too sure about that, it seems like they actually met in the real world, which is probably the case, yet it stops before they hold hands, so i guess ill have to look into that

what i really dont get the most: that monolith. like you said, it was in the first ep of the series, and it appeared again, what im trying to figure out is what purpose does it serve, in my estimation its probably a symbolization of either the story (in some way) or a character (Tsukasa)
but im really not sure...

BTW (though not sure if this is a spoiler seeing as how theres a related topic about this) that stem and leaf thing is actually aromatic Grass, and thats why Mia/Macha trys to look for it all the time
dothacker1189

Post by dothacker1189 »

i know that mia macha thing is evident but macha got attacked by 3 gaurdians in .hack//sign so was the character gone or did morganna take control of the players data
mentis

Post by mentis »

Thank you for starting this thread. I was going to do so myself, if I didn't find one like it :D. These are also questions that I myself have been wrestling with.

I have read somewhere on these forums a while back that Sora, due to what happened to him at towards the end of SIGN, actually became Skeith. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, the end really does bug me. I also would really like to know what the significance of the very last scene is where we see Tsukasa's and Subaru's hands being "digitized" and then we see what look like the very first scene of the first episode, and hear Morganna's voice again.

Someone suggested to me once that Morganna "reset" the world and everything started over...

Does anyone have information on this? I know that there are some individuals on these forums who are much more familiar with the information available in Japan that does indeed explain some of these things. Now we just need one of those people to post in here, he he.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Ok...

Sora does NOT become Skeith, instead, he is trapped in Skeith's Wand.

I don't think the digitizing meant anything in particular, but Morganna's words did. From what I understand, she was repeating what she said because she found a replacement for Tsukasa...
mentis

Post by mentis »

milliennium_fox wrote:Ok...

Sora does NOT become Skeith, instead, he is trapped in Skeith's Wand.

I don't think the digitizing meant anything in particular, but Morganna's words did. From what I understand, she was repeating what she said because she found a replacement for Tsukasa...
Okay that makes a bit more sense I think. So then I have this question...
 If Sora is trapped in Skeith's wand, shouldn't he be released when you defeat Skeith in Infection...?

And about Morganna's words. You say that she found a replacement for Tsukasa. But didn't she say earlier that she didn't need Tsukasa anymore?

So who is this replacement, and why does/doesn't she need this replacement at that point...?
TheWall267

Post by TheWall267 »

she doesnt need the replacement Aura already was awakened...

ok i havent played up to //Outbreak but apparently you find Skieth's Wand at the end of a dungeon and you free Sora. then he gives you his overly powerful twin blades. but im not sure about any of this.

mentis

Post by mentis »

TheWall267 wrote: she doesnt need the replacement Aura already was awakened...
 Well, that's what I figured. So why did Morganna say those things then...?
 ok i havent played up to //Outbreak but apparently you find Skieth's Wand at the end of a dungeon and you free Sora. then he gives you his overly powerful twin blades. but im not sure about any of this.
Yeah, I'm on Mutation right now, and it hasn't happened yet. I guess I'll just keep chugging along and find out.
beginner

Post by beginner »

I've been waiting for you. for such a long time. I need you. As you need me.

That saying is symbolic.

The giant cellphone is a connection to the outer world.(ours) If you look at it carefully. The, what looks like, buttons below the black screen. They look like the shapes of data drained phases.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/2765 ... gn16ri.jpg
TheWall267

Post by TheWall267 »

is a giant cellphone there sorta like the anomaly of Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground?
Last edited by TheWall267 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
beginner

Post by beginner »

TheWall267 wrote:is a giant cellphone there sorta like the anomaly of Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground?
Yep.
TheWall267

Post by TheWall267 »

im really sorry. that shouldve been in spoiler mode. i was sorta in a rush at the time.
Twilight Wave

Post by Twilight Wave »

Indeed.
DärkwºLf²

Post by DärkwºLf² »

sora is released, because in episode 28, he is logged into the game. so are all the characters for sign and from the games. subaru and tsukasa did meet in real life, mimiru met them also, because they talk about the things they did in real life.. so in conclusion, nobody was left in a coma, and everyone was happy dancing... and for some reason silver knight, sora, and tsukasa were doing the monkey dance? o.o;
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

kulaguy wrote:I don't really know what the main question was but I'll try explaining this as best as I could.
Ah, that cleared up a bit, mainly the reason why she liked it... well done! :3
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

A small correction...

Morganna didn't create Shadow Sora to kill Aura. Afterall, Morganna later assists Curl to stop Shadow Sora from doing that.