PLEASE Help me understand the ending

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

james

PLEASE Help me understand the ending

Post by james »

I rented all 6 disc and woudl like to understand some things...

Most importantly. What happened to the kid (Sauron?) who the player killer, Dead or coma stuck in game?

How did it end, the admin just deleted that sector and everything was fine for everyone?

Who was the cat and why the bond with Tsukasa?

When it ended who was the girl who met Tsukasa in teh wheel chair? Suburu?

I only remember 1 legend in the series, when the Azure Sky helped him. Was there another I was suppose to see (Forums are confusing me)?
Genji

Post by Genji »

Ok, i havent been here long but i can answer a few of your questions.
Sora, if i'm not mistaken, was absorbed (or becomes) into Skeiths wand putting the player in a coma in RL. It's been talked about in many other posts.

The cat, Maha is an NPC or I guess an AI that only Tsukasa can hear. Maha was created by Morgana, the womans voice that seems to be manipulating the main characters. I'll stop there since i dont know to much more about it.

Yes, the girl in the wheel chair is the player behind Subaru.

I believe Orca of the Azure Sea is mentioned, but It has been years since I watched it.

Other ppl will be able to help you more than me, and anyone feel free to correct/add to whatever I've said.
james

Post by james »

so he was put in the wand only to be deleted seconds later by the admins?
Genji

Post by Genji »

From what i remember, Skeith escapes from that area thus avoiding deletion, don't quote me on that one though :P
Ace Flyheight

Post by Ace Flyheight »

You are right Genji.That is what Skeith did.You are pretty good at .hack sign. :)
james

Post by james »

so then how did that last scene end?
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

That's something you're probably going to have to decide for yourself. All we know for certain is that Tsukasa and Subaru were thrown back into the Real World, and Skieth lived to fight another day. Presumably, all of the other characters also survived. It wasn't an admin who deleted the Net Slums, but rather Helba, the hacker.

One possible reason that the final scene is so confusing is because it's not the end of the story. It's the end of the series, yes, but not the end of the story. The story is continued in the four .hack games, which are only on the PS2.

As Ginji mentioned, Orca of the Azure Sea is talked about several times during the series, but he is never actually seen. You'll meet him in the games as well.
dothacker1189

Post by dothacker1189 »

Belthazar wrote:That's something you're probably going to have to decide for yourself. All we know for certain is that Tsukasa and Subaru were thrown back into the Real World, and Skieth lived to fight another day. Presumably, all of the other characters also survived. It wasn't an admin who deleted the Net Slums, but rather Helba, the hacker.

One possible reason that the final scene is so confusing is because it's not the end of the story. It's the end of the series, yes, but not the end of the story. The story is continued in the four .hack games, which are only on the PS2.
technically no its not end of series bekuz they made.hack unison whichn is in .hack sign thing so............ ya im just gonna let u decide on dat
UMMX

Post by UMMX »

you guys are mostly right but at the end of SIGN it wasnt Subaru he saw it was Mirmiu. I remember that part form the TV show.
UMMX

Post by UMMX »

Ace Flyheight wrote:You are right Genji.That is what Skeith did.You are pretty good at .hack sign. :)
It still didnt Help Skeith. Kite still kick his butt and Sora woke up to find out that a few years have past.
Xae-Solace

Post by Xae-Solace »

Most importantly. What happened to the kid (Sauron?) who the player killer, Dead or coma stuck in game?
When someone is data drained by skieth they go into a coma

How did it end, the admin just deleted that sector and everything was fine for everyone?
No,  the net slum does not get deleted until .hack//Mutation and even then Helba revives is
Who was the cat and why the bond with Tsukasa?
 Maha is a phase that relates to the Epitaph of Twiligh. Maha is the temptress made only to make Tsukasa Feel need, then turn its back on him to make Aura in depair... Maha towards the end defied his intial programming and was eliminated as such (by Gaurdians) Maha later comes back as Mia when the Wave created by Morgonna starts...
When it ended who was the girl who met Tsukasa in teh wheel chair? Suburu?
Yes
I only remember 1 legend in the series, when the Azure Sky helped him. Was there another I was suppose to see (Forums are confusing me)?
Orca of the Azure Sea... Him and Bulmung of the Sky  defeated a famous data bug back when the game first started called Sin or something...