Where'd you pick up Quarantine?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Sven

Where'd you pick up Quarantine?

Post by Sven »

Hey everyone, I come with a question.

I've been a big fan of the .hack series for a long time, and I've had the first 3 games for many years now. However, it kills me on the inside that I was never able to finish the "collection." Should I just bite the bullet and try to find the game on Ebay/Amazon (bearing in mind that it's almost always over 80 USD) or can you recommend any places that I should check beforehand?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: Where'd you pick up Quarantine?

Post by Erroneous »

Try your local video game store, the non corporate chain stores like GameStop. Drive around your home town, pawns shops, check Yelp, or even , or even check up on local anime game conventions and see what local vendors go to them to see if they have a local shop. Point being, most mom and pop game stores don't realize what they have on them and May resale a .hack game for around $10.00 if your lucky and open to look for them.
Sven

Post by Sven »

Insydius wrote:Try your local video game store, the non corporate chain stores like GameStop. Drive around your home town, pawns shops, check Yelp, or even , or even check up on local anime game conventions and see what local vendors go to them to see if they have a local shop. Point being, most mom and pop game stores don't realize what they have on them and May resale a .hack game for around $10.00 if your lucky and open to look for them.
One can hope. :\

I'd really like to finish up the originals one day and finally play the GU games.
Kemono

Post by Kemono »

Yeah Quarantine is very rare both over here in the UK, and the states, and the G.U. Games are just <3 my top three games EVER :3
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I picked it up when I pre-ordered it and bought the guide to it the same day. Like I did with all four .hack games as they were coming out.
Sven

Post by Sven »

Helbaworshipper wrote:I picked it up when I pre-ordered it and bought the guide to it the same day. Like I did with all four .hack games as they were coming out.
Talk about a smart decision. I was too young back then to do that.
shikiaki

Post by shikiaki »

I got it on ebay for my birthday just this month. (Gotta thank the other half).
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Since Gamestop has stopped trading in PS2 games it is a little harder to find PS2 games . You probably won't find .hack Quarantine at Gamestop since it is one of the rarest PS2 titles out there. Amazon and Ebay have it at ridiculous price unfortunately and that is probably the only way to get a copy these days. I'm hoping they release the original series in an HD collection or as PS2 Classics, but Namco Bandai seems reluctant to get on the bandwagon, the only HD collection so far from them is the Tales of Symphonia collection.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

I got my copy of the game back when they were released in the UK and then I snagged a great deal on ebay which was the NTSC IMOQ with all the guides along with the Special Edition of GU (complete) with its guide ^_^ Think that was only £100 or so, a bargain if ever I saw one ^(^-^)^

Though any time I see a game on ebay now there is always bids, days before it ends ^^' why bump up the price (probably the seller + friends) by bidding so early.