Anyone else playing to beat the final boss on..

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

mewhaku

Anyone else playing to beat the final boss on..

Post by mewhaku »

Dec. 24?
I'm playing through and attempting to beat it (Quarantine's final boss) on that date, since according to the timeline the dot hackers won on December 24,2010.
Figure it should be fun since I've never played Quarantine.

Anybody else doing it? Haha. XD;
hidora

Re: Anyone else playing to beat the final boss on..

Post by hidora »

That reminds me of people doing that real time playthrough thing on Persona 3 last year '-'
mewhaku

Post by mewhaku »

Oh yeah! I guess it would've been real time last year for Persona 3. That's cool. =D
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

This is an awesome idea. I think I have a save file right before final boss, if not I'll start a new quarantine play through soon.
mewhaku

Post by mewhaku »

Sweet! Have fun with it. =D
hidora

Post by hidora »

I'd do it if it wasn't these reasons:

1- I only have one Quarantine save game, and it's right after doing the bonus dungeon of hell, so no loading data before the boss for me.

2- Right now I'm on school's finals... and I'm screwed on pretty much all subjects (except for history, math and administration)

3- School's finals end next week, sure... but next week I also get my ps3 and I'm so not playing Mind-Raping-Quarantine instead of new (for me at least, since I bought old games for their lower prices xD) ps3 games lol
mewhaku

Post by mewhaku »

Good luck with all your exams! I ca see why you'd choose to play PS3 over Quarantine... God I hate the gate-hacking. The endless gate-hacking.

Also, I have heard that horrible dungeon is close to impossible... I'm slightly frightened by it. Glad I'm not at that point yet.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

Yes. The final dungeon in //Quarantine is simply the hardest dungeon in all of .hack. The level of difficulty actual fluctuates from time to time depending on how lucky you are. The infection rate is mainly the reason why such a dungeon grew to be so frustrating for most people here, as each floor was just a straight up draw of the chance on weither you encounter an entire room of data bugs, an entire room of normal monsters, an entire room of treasures, or an empty room in general.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I did it, and it was awesome.

Everytime I beat that game its like I'm beating it for the first time. I love this game so much.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

mewhaku wrote:Oh yeah! I guess it would've been real time last year for Persona 3. That's cool. =D
Im doing the same thing with persona 4 this year =D, and i couldn't EVEN beat //MUTATION TT^TT
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I know this thread's purpose has kinda come and gone already, but I had wanted to post in it a long time ago when I first saw it yet never did so... yeah. :D

Just wanted to say, I did this too. I had a save file from right before the final boss fight and, on Christmas Eve, Kite saved Za Warudo. It was fun and damn, I have to agree with Tolby, it's still a great ending to experience. I may even do this again next year, we'll see.
alphawolf1011

Post by alphawolf1011 »

mewhaku wrote:Dec. 24?
I'm playing through and attempting to beat it (Quarantine's final boss) on that date, since according to the timeline the dot hackers won on December 24,2010.
Figure it should be fun since I've never played Quarantine.

Anybody else doing it? Haha. XD;
omfg its ssssoooo easy i cleared it (opend all portals on the feild AND dungion) in under 1hr 30min lol
im lv99 and i took balmung lv99 and elk also lv99
i max my lv3 spell scrolls from netslum as well as potions for each member n gave the all the best weapons and armor i had. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zeroke

Post by Zeroke »

I bought quarantine around a month ago. I wish I could have actually beaten it on 12/24/10 just for that thrill. I also still remember staying up till midnight in January while contemplating P3. While the time zones differ greatly, I still though it was fun. I also plan on beating P4 on that day, when the time is right. Their journey has already started, and I will be there when it ends...
alphawolf1011

Post by alphawolf1011 »

Zeroke wrote:I bought quarantine around a month ago. I wish I could have actually beaten it on 12/24/10 just for that thrill. I also still remember staying up till midnight in January while contemplating P3. While the time zones differ greatly, I still though it was fun. I also plan on beating P4 on that day, when the time is right. Their journey has already started, and I will be there when it ends...
Have u betten it yet????????