What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

CirilloPrimo

What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Idk if someone suggested this topic already years ago but,
What're your opinions if they remade IMOQ for the PS3, PSP, or the rumored PSP2 yet to be released or announced?
Basically IMPQ remake would have GU graphics and some other bonus features etc
PS3- Not likely but who knows...
PSP- Once 3DS is out PSP=Dead in sales
PSP2- Could be but there's no info about that platform yet sooo....
Heck this topic probably means nothing since LINK is the last game (but do remakes count?)
What are all your thoughts about this topic?
GyppyGirl2021

Re: What If They Remade IMOQ for PS3, PSP, or PSP2?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm of the firm stance that IMOQ would only be good if they remade it somehow.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I'm of the firm stance that IMOQ would only be good if they remade it somehow.
Right? I mean I enjoyed those games anyway but a remake would just make it awesome-er!!! (shitty grammar :P)
Since most companies are remaking their first franchise games. example:
Persona
Final Fantasy
I also heard they're making a Resident Evil Portable
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Honestly, I was only ever able to get into IMOQ thanks to Another Birth. I think if they remade it in a more G.U.-ey style, I'd like it... the gameplay was just too boring in the original.

Of course, I'd be more interested in an IMOQ anime or CG movie like TRILOGY... but yeah.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

I started reading those books years after I beat the games. Just cause I like blackrose as a character.
If they remade IMOQ with GU-style I'd die of happiness :D
They seemed fine back when I played them. (Since I guess that was the time they released those lol)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

If they remade it to be more like G.U. I might actually strangle something. Not even joking this time.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, I really liked Another Birth... BlackRose was one of my favorite characters >_>

Problem with IMOQ is that it showed me just how boring real MMORPGs are... it has similar gameplay to one, yes, but that would make it a truly unplayable game if it weren't for the story.

I'm still voting TRILOGY-style movie though. I'm probably gonna get attacked for that.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Tolby wrote:If they remade it to be more like G.U. I might actually strangle something. Not even joking this time.
Not like you know all the game mechanics of GU (maybe)
just the graphics and effects
An anime would be great but I think that's why they're making Quantum.

@gyppygirl2021 True I don't see myself playing MMORPG's anytime soon (does phantasy star count?)
but I liked the mystery that those games had lol
I liked Trilogy, Action, great graphics. Don't Hurt Me!!! :o
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, the story of IMOQ was pretty much the only thing that kept me going. If it just wasn't so annoying to get through... I hate having to force myself to play a game because I want to see the rest of the story.

TRILOGY was a really good movie imo...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

CirilloPrimo wrote:
Tolby wrote:If they remade it to be more like G.U. I might actually strangle something. Not even joking this time.
Not like you know all the game mechanics of GU (maybe)
just the graphics and effects
I know the finished product. Booty covered in booty with booty filling, topped with booty with a side order of booty.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Yeah, the story of IMOQ was pretty much the only thing that kept me going. If it just wasn't so annoying to get through... I hate having to force myself to play a game because I want to see the rest of the story.

TRILOGY was a really good movie imo...
I didn't force myself back then. Of course I got my first ps2 so any game would do back in the day. I loved the special events after the end of each disk. And weapon collecting. My favorite is the Dual Light Swords.

@Tolby Don't forget a booty smoothie for refreshments lol :lol:
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I'm... gonna have to side mostly with Tolby on this one. If they remade IMOQ, I'd want the core of it to remain the same; as in, don't change the style of the narrative to G.U. IMOQ and G.U. are both great for their own reasons and it should stay that way.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

What *I* meant was that the gameplay would be better in a G.U. style. That was IMOQ's weakest point, imo, and it was a crippling one.
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:What *I* meant was that the gameplay would be better in a G.U. style. That was IMOQ's weakest point, imo, and it was a crippling one.
Well back then the creators wanted to make you "feel" like you were playing an IMMORPG. and it worked! lol
I understand what Anime Monkey is saying, perhaps if they touched up the graphics abit you know
I only said GU graphics cause I liked the graphics from it and wondered if they would try that on a IMOQ remake
But I'd be just as happy with touch ups here and there in the original graphics.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Lord, PLEASE DON'T BRING BACK THE DREADED INFECTION RATE.
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Lord, PLEASE DON'T BRING BACK THE DREADED INFECTION RATE.
I second that.

But either way I didn't really mind the gameplay style of IMOQ. It was quite fun with me and also the fact that the story was really interesting kept me going.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:What *I* meant was that the gameplay would be better in a G.U. style. That was IMOQ's weakest point, imo, and it was a crippling one.
I knew that's what you meant, and I think there's some value to that criticism. While I did enjoy IMOQ's gameplay and thought there was more strategy necessary there than in G.U., it could stand some updating. The fact that your normal attacks are just two little slashes is pretty boring, so if they made it more like combo-ing in G.U. I wouldn't mind that at all.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Certainly if it was a little more fast-paced... the gameplay in IMOQ was too slow >_<
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

While i agree with the idea of a IMOQ remake, i actually disagree with most of the ideas you're giving.

GU's graphics? I'd say no, for the mere reason that GU's graphics are actually "outdated" to this point. Yes, a remake must obviously game improved graphics, but they don't have to copy another graphic's games to achieve that. With the current technology, i'm more than sure that a IMOQ remake can easily be made with graphics far better than GU's...the simple idea of seeing Skeith with graphics at the level of God of War 3 or FF13 is orgasmic enough. So yeah, improve the graphics of course, as that's sometimes the most important thing to do in a remake...but, don't copy GU's, keep the IMOQ style and simply use technology to make it far better-looking.

Different gameplay/GU's gameplay? HELL NO. IMOQ was the series it was also because of it's MMO-like gameplay, and though it was freaking easy overall, i really enjoyed it...not for the gameplay itself, but for the feeling it gave to you. If you're gonna change the gameplay and make it GU-like you might as well make a new SIGN series and make it Naruto/Bleach-action-paced >_> The aspects of gameplay, particularly the way you fight monsters, the way the areas are set up, the micromanaging between your party members, and the way skills and attacks are used MUST stay....else you're just making a whole new game with the characters and story of an existing game. No one except a few crazy fans would want Kite doing Skill Triggers and Rengekis and Awakenings and all while being surrounded by a cylinder DX

I'll admit though, IMOQ can get quite boring and repetitive at points, and although i personally didn't mind that (since indeed...MMO's consist of doing the very same actions a million of times, and it's only fun because you do it with others), several people do complain about it...so alright, improve the attacks and add flashy skills. Make it so that Kite does different combo attacks, like X-X-X-X is one combo, X-X-Pause-X is another, X-X-Hold X another, etc. Give a wider range of skills, and make some skills able to be used together with the skills of other characters...or even combo skills, like if Kite and Balmung are together and close enough, you can choose as either Kite or Balmung to do an unique skill and they'll do it together...you could even have the camera focus on them as they jump and do stuff...would be similar to Rengekis but different and more fitting for IMOQ, and will make battles far more entertaining and less tedious since you could be much more creative with them. And though i don't like this idea...you could even have some "preset actions" for your party members...so that if they are against some sort of elemental enemy, they'll automaticly use an elemental skill they have, or automaticly heal themselves, or use certain items depending on their conditions. I don't like that because it makes it too "automatic"...But oh well, in the end it would be optional, and it would be great for all those people who hate having to micromanage and set up every action to do with everyone, making it easier and less frustrating for long chain of battles.

As of the difficult of enemies and all...well, i could throw out a whole ramble in here saying that i want a Skeith of pretty much the difficult of FF9 Ozma, and a Cubia last battle/Corbenik a bit harder than those Satan and Demi-Fiend thingies from SMT...but that's just me and my sado-masochist gaming mind of wanting a REAL BADASS challenge this time XD (I mean...you're against "monsters" that aren't supposed to exist in the game and go far beyond the boundaries!! You just can't HOPE to defeat them no matter your level and attacks, even with that spiffy book and that pretty bracelet!! D8) So...all i could really ask for is for a smart enough AI, both for the enemies and your team, and be nice enough and say to decrease the Infection level rate, or even add items that decrease it...if anything, to make the last dungeons more of a challenge of skill than a challenge of luck.

So, those are my ideas for a remake...and if they were like that, or close enough, i'd be very excited and content about it, and would view it as both a great and fitting remake of the series, as well as a darn good game on it's own :P As of the console this would be for...i actually think it would be best for a PS4, or for the next, non-portable Sony console. I think it's too early for making it on the PS3, and i don't see this all happening on a portable console.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Hey, I just said it needs to be faster-paced >_>

The micromanaging aspect of IMOQ was a bit annoying imo, but I'm lazy so that makes sense >_<

Although, I like the ideas you listed... like I said, faster-paced.