Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

berserker126

Re: Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground

Post by berserker126 »

If this is the one where you have to beat it to get Mia back...then the only thing you can do is data drain, kill the monster after draining it to get your infection rate down....and pray alot of those things you run into are treasure chests...This dungeon and the Item Completion event are the 2 hardest quests to do in the whole series. And to some they both arent worth it due to the lack of rewards. Everyone I kno who plays this game hates Mia anyways so they let her go. I beat it just beacause it was a challenge.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I don't mind Mia's character. It's the item completion that seems pointless and extremely hard to do.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I got to the third floor before I hit 100% infection. Haven't gone back since.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Sounds like you need to meet some new people.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

I forgot all about this stage!

I believe I had Helba with me. She always healed us.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

...well, holy crap. I'm never attempting this dungeon ever again. .__.'''

4 straight tries, ended up in the red at the 3rd floor each time...I don't feel that lucky, nope.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

funny, because I tried to kill Kite via infection rate, using drain heart, but he dies after floor 7
Konpeki Ken Kitsune

Post by Konpeki Ken Kitsune »

I just beat Corbenik (he was easy thanks to over-preparation XD) and now for the fun party awaiting in that nice little place XD All that's waiting for me in there is rape right? hahahahahahaah oooh can't wait.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

This dungeon is a pain in the butt, but it isn't impossible. The main problem with this dungeon is the fact that beating it is based purely on luck. Even if you are at the highest level and have reduced the infection rate to zero before entering chances are that 75-80% of the time you will get the dreaded system error. The best thing you can do is use fairy orbs to find the quickest way through each floor. Killing an already data drained data bug helps too even though it might not seem like it, never data drain a data bug monster twice in a row. Once you get to floor 7 it's time to grit your teeth and try and make it through the 3-5 hardest floors in the dungeon. At a certain points the portals will randomly generate normal monsters and this happens more often around floor 12 or 13 which means you are almost home free. The chances of getting the system error drop 10-15% and all that you have to worry about is a fight with the Dawn Wander and Temptress Lover on floor 15 which is relatively easy by comparison to the rest of the dungeon.

I actually had a harder time beating the dungeon with the final form of Cubia my first time around due to the fact that I kept attempting it at level 87. I was actually able to beat that dungeon at that level, but haven't attempted to do it again due the the fact that it took me more than 100 tries to beat, the dungeon and Cubia are the bane of my existence at that level.

Oh and for those who are thinking about attempting to get all 700+ items for the item collection the rewards are very underwhelming for the 50-100 hours you will probably spend getting all of them, still going to do it again the next time I play these games though.
Konpeki Ken Kitsune

I assumed as much with the item collecting and took my first run at that dreaded place, made it to level 3 before heading back. My problem was I kept getting multiples or have to fight physical resistant monsters. I'll try again though!!!
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Konpeki Ken Kitsune wrote:I assumed as much with the item collecting and took my first run at that dreaded place, made it to level 3 before heading back. My problem was I kept getting multiples or have to fight physical resistant monsters. I'll try again though!!!
I'm sure you will eventually beat it. Good Luck!
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Konpeki Ken Kitsune wrote:I assumed as much with the item collecting and took my first run at that dreaded place, made it to level 3 before heading back. My problem was I kept getting multiples or have to fight physical resistant monsters. I'll try again though!!!
If you run into physical resistant monsters (such as the Sand Hills and their infected equivalent, I believe), take some Knight's Banes in with you and keep using them until one works, than have Kite kill it with a physical blow. It's better than having to data drain two or three infected Mu Guardians in a row...

You can do it though. :) Me, I just don't have the patience for that sorta thing. XD
Konpeki Ken Kitsune

I figured out a good strategy when it comes down to multiples so I can take them with Drain Arc, still having some trouble but I'm inching more and more.
Konpeki Ken Kitsune

I did it! I got really lucky and kept running into either lots of non infected or enough infected to keep my infection levels down! I was in the yellow for maybe 2 rooms and made it to the green a few more times. That ending was totally worth it.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Awesome! I wonder if I'll ever get that lucky...

Are the wallpapers worth it? That's kind of what I was looking forward to. Heh.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

from what I saw... I don't really like the wallpaper :c

but the dungeon part, kinda worth it, you got to see macha again :D
Konpeki Ken Kitsune

Yup and if you still play after that you have so much loot you'll be one wealthy man XD
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

The descriptions of this level scare the **** out of me
Dead

Post by Dead »

Te best thing you can do is when u have rooms with 2-3 data bugs at once, do not use data drain until you can protect break all 3 or 4 or all of them at once, then use 2128 drain. other than that feel out the dungeon and about the third time through you can usually tell from the mini map when there is a room with non data bug box type monsters you can farm to reduce ur infection.
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

Tats a good strategy