End of Cubia?? Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

AIDA_Haseo

Post by AIDA_Haseo »

This has probably been brought up before, I'm too lazy to read through everything, but what about the little flag at the end of .hack//Quarentine? It's used to say it's completed and that you can transfer data onto the next game.
FlameSage

Post by FlameSage »

Bakuryukun wrote:here's my Cubia Theory:

Cubia first arose from Skeith's Data....I think the reason for this is that when Skieth (one of the 8 phases that orginally gathered Emotional Data for Aura, and thus an important part of the system) was Data Drained by Kite, The Cubia Program was activated in the area where Skeith was defeated he then used Skeith's Data to create a presense (a body) for itself and used data from both Kite and The Bracelet to create it's power level (The reason I think this is because It would make sense for Cubia's programming to analyze the power of the threat it is trying to eliminate, in this case the bracelet and to either replicate it's power then advance upon it's power so that it could easily dispose of said threat no matter what the circumstances, the reason that Kite was never killed by Cubia is that Cubia does not account for Kite's Party members power levels because they aren't direct threats to the system) It is in this respect that I think the Bracelet and Cubia are two sides of the same coin because when one is present so is the other....and because they're power levels go up simultainiously, I also believe that Cubia continued to absorb defeated Phases Data to house his ever increasing power as well as add to it (I also theorize that it was Aura who extracted Mia from Cubia afterwords but I have no proof of this) but in any case...... Cubia's purpose is to eliminate illegal data that posed EXTREME danger to the system...Hackers like Helba weren't target because they're threat to the system was minor (i.e: she couldn't to anything to Morganna, Aura, or the phases) another possiblility is that the bracelet was analyzed by Cubia as such a large threat that it prioritized it's destruction above all else and started to ignore other things like Helba making a virus to herd Morrganna...the flaw to Cubia's programming is that it doesn't analyze any self-destructive parts of the system (Morganna and the 8 Phases) as threats to the system even though they clearly disturb the well being of said system. I get the feeling that although Morganna didn't directly control Cubia...she could have called him off at anytime but then again, her goals in mind why would she? Eventually when Kite and Blackrose destroyed the bracelet Cubia shut down...and after Morganna was merged into Aura, I beleive Aura was given all of Morganna's abilities...namely almost full control over the system....it was at this point that a new bracelet was created by Aura and given to Kite...at this point I think Aura could directly "Tell" Cubia that Kite isn't a threat to the system and thus he didn't start up again....

Something that I'm curious about is the relationship between Tri-Edge and Haseo from .hack//G.U....I think about it....Haseo is the Skieth because he has the title of "The Terror of Death" and Tri-Edge is the new Kite....Tri-Edge Data Drained Haseo...just as Kite Data-Drained Skieth the result was Cubia who was trying to eliminate the Bracelet in the trailer we can also see that Haseo was most likely altered in some way by being Data drained...could it be that Haseo will take on the role of the new Cubia and try to destroy Tri-Edge's Bracelet? just a thought.
Technically, Helba DOES pose a threat to the phases, remember all of those operations they put on in Outbreak?
Helba was the main one to run "jamming programs" and try to isolate the phases.
So technically, I would consider helba a threat.
Owenashi

Post by Owenashi »

Hey, I just wanted to say that this topic's pretty cool, especially how you guys are talking about Cubia's origin and reason of being. A simular topic I found over at another forum ended up quickly becoming a shouting match over which version of Cubia's background is the correct one; the Japanese version released by Project .hack or the info in the US LIMINALITY-4 disc.

As to my thoughts...

The line of thought on Cubia popping up because of "Kite's interferance" with the Phases and their data sounds true. I think that he's defantally meant to be as an extreme, last-chance-stopgap anti-hacker program, thus why he just doesn't show up and start Ark Bullet-ing some newb who decided to alter his character-data to give himself orange armor. :) I defnatlly think too that his programing was made so he could pump himself up with more power the stronger Kite's Bracelet got and doing it sneakily by absorbing any excess data left behind from the various DDs, including the ones done to the Phases.

The fact that the new installation book has a new name oughta be a tip that Aura's obviouslly rewired the Bracelet programming so it won't wake up Cubia. The same goes for Shugo's version. I'm not sure if the fight in the G.U. trailer and the resulting DD will awaken Cubia up again, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did show up in some form or manor. Oh, and as for Haseo and the others sporting the Phases' tags, I think that's just done due to how elite they may be, like Orca and Balmung's DoF tags and the ".hackers" name Kite and his friends earn after the game.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

This has probably been brought up before, I'm too lazy to read through everything, but what about the little flag at the end of .hack//Quarentine? It's used to say it's completed and that you can transfer data onto the next game.
In the japanese version of the game, you could use that to go through a parody mode of Infection. In the North American Version, it just unlocks some crappy sound test or something.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

pwned. And why is everyone a guest all of a sudden?
Maultrixa

Post by Maultrixa »

As it sould on the trailer...that will give the answer
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

but Cubia ISN'T part of the system. And if anyone is destroying the system, it's Cubia for corrupting every area it goes to and spawning Data Bugs. Even if Cubia was part of the system, wouldn't Aura's protection make Kite "invisible" to it? The only logical explaination is for Cubia to be above the system.
and with cubia being a part of the system like an anti-hacker that can be a possability but very unlikely because if cubia is there to elimenate threats to the sytem then y didn't he go after helba or any other hackers at that matter. but and he could also be a part of the system because helba seems to know alot about cubia so she either knows about him because he is an anti-hacker program and because helba is a hacker she obviously knows about him, or she knows about him from the braclet.
or Helba could've read it's data. I mean, whatever. The reasoning that Kite's Bracelet goes against the system is a plothole anyway. By who's standards does it go against the system? CC Corp's. But Cubia doesn't attack Morganna or Aura because they're part of the system, by your logic. But wait, aren't Morganna and Aura against the system by CC Corp logic? and isn't the Bracelet part of the system since it's part of Aura? There's no way out of this one. Cubia as an anti-hacker program DOESN'T WORK.

But then why does Cubia do the things it does? Simple. As the Bracelet's opposite, it has the opposite will to the Bracelet's owner. Kite wants to save the World, so Cubia destroys it (see area corruption.) Kite wants to defeat Morganna, so Cubia protects her. Kite wants to see Aura, so Cubia keeps them apart.

It goes on and on and on. Hell, even Aura says that Cubia and the Bracelet are part of the same coin. How is that possible if one side of the coin (Cubia) was created before the other (The bracelet)?

There is no proof that Cubia is an anti-hacker program other than a Liminality Easter Egg that wasn't even in the Japanese version and was made up by a bunch of Bandai employees who don't have an actual say on the canon material of the storyline.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

but if aura is a part of the sytem and you say that the bracelet is a part of aura then the bracelet was always in the system, just never activated.
...NO! Aura always had the ability of Data Drain, this is true, but it was converted into a Bracelet form to be used by a player.
and as for the anti-hacker program i wasn't saying that that is what i think, i just said that as a theory.
Then why bring it up? If you've read the thread at ALL it should be clear that the anti-hacker program is not a new theory.
and cubia is only stopping kite from meeting aura because cubia see's kite as a threat to aura so therefor stops them from meeting. that is y everytime u go to meet up with aura cubia apears
and yet Skeith and the other Phases have already managed to hurt Aura. Why isn't Cubia encountering a programming conflict? I'll tell you WHY! It doesn't care about Morganna and Aura as themselves, it's deliberately keeping Kite and Aura apart simply BECAUSE Kite wants to meet her. That is the one and only reason.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

.hack//analysis, Aura's cryptic wording, common sense and logic, and miscellanious ingame evidence.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because you can't argue with the game itself? ^_^
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

This topic has been officially unlocked. I'm tired of Cubia debates breaking out in every thread he's mentioned, so if a Cubia debate breaks out, bring it here, or i'll bring it here myself and then write you up a warning.
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

"Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone?" Do we still need spoiler tags with a warning like that? Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

I don't think there's any reason for anyone to get mad at AuraTwilight. He/she is just trying to explain the truth about Cubia, there's no harm in that. That's what this thread's for, anyway.

EDIT: omg I didn't realize this thread was 5 months old! Sorry!
OmniAngel

Post by OmniAngel »

I have thought about it and the simplest answer is a Windows analogy.

You know when Windows (The Bracelet) gets a virus (Cubia)? You know if you wipe your computer and then reinstall Windows and the virus is gone.

Simple.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Although Cubia is something 'weird' in the system, it's not a virus.
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

Dengar wrote:Although Cubia is something 'weird' in the system, it's not a virus.
And the Bracelet isn't Windows. It's an analogy, and I think it sounds pretty accurate.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Oh sorry, I misread, I thought you said Windows (The World), instead of Windows (The Bracelet). I apologize.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

A more correct analogy would be more like a programming error, or a bug.

Actually, I'd see the Bracelet as a factory, and Cubia as the toxic waste.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Well, apparently Cubia IS built out of the junk data that is released from a Data Drain. At least that's the theory I'm a follower of.
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

There are many theories as to the nature of Cubia. Only one thing is certain: we're better off without him.
bonethrack

Post by bonethrack »

cubia was created by morganna he is there to keep order in "the world" he attacks kite because he has the braclete and it considers him a virus it doesnt attack the phases because they can either teleport away or cubia takes them as more of a threat than kite.