Finding Mimiru in Mac Anu [Quarantine]

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Kururu

Finding Mimiru in Mac Anu [Quarantine]

Post by Kururu »

I didn't save Sora until Quarantine, and I can't find Mimiru in the place where she is supposedly walking around. Is the reason I can't find her because I didn't save Sora until Quarantine? Or is there another reason?

[By the way, I'm talking about the opaque Mimiru, not the actual player. You know, the one that quietly talks to herself and fades away...]
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

I think you're talking about the Phantom of Nine side event, where you find sort of "ghosts" of 9 .hack//SIGN characters wandering around the various towns.

My understanding is, that's only available in Outbreak. If you started a new game in Quarantine, or missed it while you were playing Outbreak, I don't think you can start it.

I've also heard it said that if you don't get the four memory fragments from the cathedral during Mutation, the Phantom of Nine event won't start, but I'm not completely sure on that (haven't bothered to test it myself).

I am pretty sure the Sora dungeon in Outbreak has nothing to do with the Phantom of Nine thing. I believe you can run through all of the Phantom of Nine stuff before you even go to Sora's dungeon.
Kururu

Post by Kururu »

How does one activate the Phantom of Nine side event? My friend [the actual owner of this account] found the opaque Mimirus in Quarantine, and was disappointed to have not met all the SIGN characters [other than Sora, Mimiru and Krim] in-game. If she were to start over, how would she go about finding the four memory fragments?
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

The memory fragments are found in Mutation, by going back to Delta - Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground, at various times during the game.

The easiest way to get them is to wait till the end of Mutation, and then just go to that area four times. There's a little cut scene each time, and you get either a Golden or Silver Grunty (two of each in all), and a little thing for the Key Items list to prove you've done it.

If you're impatient about that extra 60 HP and 30 SP, then you can just stop by the cathedral from time to time and see if one is available.

I am pretty sure you can't go back for the memory fragment stuff in Outbreak or Quarantine, but like I said, I don't really know if missing it means you can't start the Phantom of Nine thing.