No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Post by Erroneous »

Unless we do something about it now! There is no Premium Edition for Last Recode planned for NA/EU https://www.facebook.com/dothacknetwork ... 129394661/
Lindz

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Post by Lindz »

Thats not a surprise at all. It'd take a massive amount of bugging ta get 'em to throw together a premium edition for people overseas with only 5 weeks ta spare until launch. An theres no promise that a premium edition released over here would be exactly the same as the one japans getting. If history is anything ta go by we'd prolly get a steelbook, soundtrack (sampler!), and artbook. Translate an audio drama cd and light novel? Ya right! Even so I'd send 'em an email (not on book/twit). If we want the series to continue, nevermind getting localized, it dun hurt ta let 'em know directly every now an again!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

what a bummer. would bite on a premium edition in an instant.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Guess we can just rely on people who do get the Japanese premium edition to upload the new CD and such.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?
Falions

Post by Falions »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?
You mean publisher? In North America it was Tokyopop that brought over all the .hack manga and novels, but I think they've since shut down.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

Falions wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?
You mean publisher? In North America it was Tokyopop that brought over all the .hack manga and novels, but I think they've since shut down.
Sort of. They shut down, but have since relaunched. However, they are sticking to US creators (and Disney) for the time being (and letting RightStuf publish their books on demand) instead of dealing with licenses anymore, so it is unlikely we will see them pick up dothack again, unfortunately. I'd put my money on Yenpress picking it up if anyone does.

-God Ginrai
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

God Ginrai wrote:
Falions wrote:
Sort of. They shut down, but have since relaunched. However, they are sticking to US creators (and Disney) for the time being (and letting RightStuf publish their books on demand) instead of dealing with licenses anymore, so it is unlikely we will see them pick up dothack again, unfortunately. I'd put my money on Yenpress picking it up if anyone does.

-God Ginrai
I guess all of it really. Not just Tokyo Pop, but Kondansha, Bee Train, Funimation and Lien as well. There might companies here who might be willing to get involved but I'm still trying to figure out who has the licensing rights over RagTime, Innocent Call and what sort of format they could use to deliver the extra content. And maybe how the owner could partner up with NB and CC2 to attach the extra content as DLC for the non premium editions of the game and so on. I spoken with Tokyo Pop over e-mail before so I don't think they're unreachable people if more fans wanted to speak with them. So I think it might be a matter of who owns what over where.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

God Ginrai wrote:
Falions wrote:Sort of. They shut down, but have since relaunched. However, they are sticking to US creators (and Disney) for the time being (and letting RightStuf publish their books on demand) instead of dealing with licenses anymore, so it is unlikely we will see them pick up dothack again, unfortunately. I'd put my money on Yenpress picking it up if anyone does.

-God Ginrai
I doubt Tokyopop owns the western rights to .hack books forever. Like you say, they were licenses. Those tend to expire and those may have only been on a per-title basis. I'd say its the rest of the manga/novel thats dropped the ball in the wake of Tokyopop's semi-demise. That and Bamco probably not caring all that much about pushing for this stuff ta keep coming to the west.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

To stay on topic, you guys can import the Japanese LE. It's only roughly $100 - which isn't bad for an import.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

The closest we've got so far is pre-order badges from Ricedigital xD

^_^ heck yeah,gotta pre-order the JP version for all the content~
databug

Post by databug »

Madman Entertainment has held rights to alot of content in AU/NZ/UK but they have been dry for a why on content. blu-ray collections would be great. and to stay on topic. it want untill 3 day prior that we even got conformation of a physical copy here in new zealand. have to do mine digital because EB Games didnt even get it.
Deltaizumik

Post by Deltaizumik »

I wish SA also had a premium edition, almost nothing was translated, or adapted for Brazil, and in Portuguese, we are unfortunately forgotten.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

Well there will be one next month for the switch
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

emptyazureskies wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:31 pm Well there will be one next month for the switch
There is one (limited edition version) right now for the Switch, accepting preorders now. Whether or not it will still be available next month, I doubt it. Most likely only standard and digital will be available when the preorders are closed.

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/hack-g-u-last-recode/
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

I mean technically it ships next month.. So available in consumers hands.. Cant count something til its in someones hands