.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Xu Yuan

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Xu Yuan »

Now, what would a 4th Volume be about? The end of G.U. is dealing with the reset of the system to R:1 settings thereby dealing again with Cubia, how do you stretch out the aftermath to a full 20 hour plus adventure?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Xu Yuan wrote:Now, what would a 4th Volume be about? The end of G.U. is dealing with the reset of the system to R:1 settings thereby dealing again with Cubia, how do you stretch out the aftermath to a full 20 hour plus adventure?
They're not gonna do that. I doubt this new epilogue would be more than a few hours at best.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Vallen wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:Now, what would a 4th Volume be about? The end of G.U. is dealing with the reset of the system to R:1 settings thereby dealing again with Cubia, how do you stretch out the aftermath to a full 20 hour plus adventure?
They're not gonna do that. I doubt this new epilogue would be more than a few hours at best.
You're probably right, I imagine a supposed 4th volume wouldn't be as long as the other 3 but I do still think that if the new form is, in fact, related to a post story, then something extra special must have happened for Haseo to acquire/need it.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

N3IWVC wrote:
Vallen wrote:
You're probably right, I imagine a supposed 4th volume wouldn't be as long as the other 3 but I do still think that if the new form is, in fact, related to a post story, then something extra special must have happened for Haseo to acquire/need it.
New evil appeared and Aura blessed him with the Key of the Twilight (taking shape of the sword) and a new form to accommodate? That would be cool.
k-su

Post by k-su »

I was just thinking that since The World R:2 ends fairly soon after the events of G.U. (a year or so if I remember correctly), what if this new form is from an epilogue that takes place in a new version of The World, possibly R:X. This is Haseo's first login and also a sneak peak at the new setting of the possible next .hack entry. However, this requires the new content to be an animated feature and not gameplay, unless they plan to shove in a quick demo or something, which would be rad but unlikely.

EDIT: This could play into the "Haseo you haven't met yet" or the comment about the answer to the ending of GU by showing a Haseo starting fresh in a new game, who is playing just for fun and not necessity. Basically peacetime Haseo, since he never got the chance to play the game normally, when you think about it. Though it doesn't explain the KotT sword.
Falions

Post by Falions »

k-su wrote:I was just thinking that since The World R:2 ends fairly soon after the events of G.U. (a year or so if I remember correctly), what if this new form is from an epilogue that takes place in a new version of The World, possibly R:X. This is Haseo's first login and also a sneak peak at the new setting of the possible next .hack entry. However, this requires the new content to be an animated feature and not gameplay, unless they plan to shove in a quick demo or something, which would be rad but unlikely.

EDIT: This could play into the "Haseo you haven't met yet" or the comment about the answer to the ending of GU by showing a Haseo starting fresh in a new game, who is playing just for fun and not necessity. Basically peacetime Haseo, since he never got the chance to play the game normally, when you think about it. Though it doesn't explain the KotT sword.
Did anyone else notice the way that new scene in the trailer was animated? It didn't seem like CG, but rather modern digital animation used in anime.
Tron

Post by Tron »

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/23135874.html
Aside from some new screenshots, is there any new info there? Anyone can translate?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Tron wrote:https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/23135874.html
Aside from some new screenshots, is there any new info there? Anyone can translate?
Are we cool with google translate?

EDIT: Google Translated "new parts?":

■ HD Remaster "Visual Surface Enhancement Element"

High Resolution Movie!
You can enjoy images of the time with higher definition image quality.
* Some bonus movies are excluded.

Background, UI texture resolution up!
High definition refined texture of background and UI according to HD.

High definition shadow!
High sharpness of the shadow falling to the ground, the presence is improved!

Anti-aliasing compatible!
The edge of the character's polygon should be displayed smoothly.

■ HD Remaster "Game System Enhancement Element"

Increase attack power
The damage value given to the enemy is raised so as to advance battle tempo without crush and stress. (There is no change in damage from enemies.)

Increase the number of save data to 7 → 20 at each Vol.
Increase the initial level in data non-transfer mode
Added a new recovery method "Placot break" from the initial stage to the platform
Sailboat like to invite you to choose "Shuo" and "Hope"
Increase amount of weapons proficiency increase
Changed Gasper's initial strategy to "honorable" ⇒ "unexpected"
Set the number of summons to an enemy of type that summons a friend
Added a suspend function when playing a possession battle with the VR system * "VR system" is the mode in game.
Changed to be able to perform all volunteer characters who can make engagement events of Vol. 3

And more comparison screenshots:
Last edited by Vallen on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Should I find it weird that year by year breakdown of the series doesn't mention Guilty Dragon or New World? Sure, it doesn't mention everything (no Alcor or Bullet for instance) but the fragment game is listed there O.o;
Vallen wrote:High Resolution Movie!
You can enjoy images of the time with higher definition image quality.
* Some bonus movies are excluded.
Ohhhh boy. I'm worrying that this isn't in reference to the 4koma videos, but instead (or both) Online Jack and the animated videos that accompanied various News articles.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Does anyone else think some of the update images look a little washed out? Comparing the pictures of the Chaos Gate, for example, the older version looks more bright and vivid than the new one.
Falions

Post by Falions »

k-su wrote:Does anyone else think some of the update images look a little washed out? Comparing the pictures of the Chaos Gate, for example, the older version looks more bright and vivid than the new one.
That's cause the older one has the contrast turned up higher. I think they both look good, just in different ways. I think the newer screenshots look "cleaner."
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

Falions wrote:
k-su wrote:Does anyone else think some of the update images look a little washed out? Comparing the pictures of the Chaos Gate, for example, the older version looks more bright and vivid than the new one.
That's cause the older one has the contrast turned up higher. I think they both look good, just in different ways. I think the newer screenshots look "cleaner."
maybe the hd doesn't have it's tv settings adjusted.. also game not out yet so settings could still change I think..
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.c...nt-novel-hack/
Chapter 01's been fanslated! Dunno if kaze wanted ta start a thread for this himself in the Manga/Novels board or if I or anyone else wants to do so? So just posting it here for now.

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/
btw on the japanese side: Chapters 08 - 11 were posted yesterday.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I don't know if this is true, but there are rumors that Last Recode will be digital only in NA... I hope that's not true, but at the very least you can import the EU version of the game since the PS4 is region free.

I'm extremely depressed about this. My hype for the game is practically gone. Biggest disappointment from a game I wanted so much, how sad.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

.Hack GU is digital only in the US. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not sure if I want to import the EU version since its physical? What to do?
https://twitter.com/oprainfall/status/8 ... 5151467522
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

zerokoolpsx wrote:.Hack GU is digital only in the US. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not sure if I want to import the EU version since its physical? What to do?
https://twitter.com/oprainfall/status/8 ... 5151467522
Having difficulty believing a non-BandaiNamco non-CyberConnect2 Twitter account and non-authorized twitter account posting a slide show of .hack//GU Last Recode without any words on it being digital only in the US. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, unless it came from an official source; especially from a source that gets it's funding's through Patreon at that as legit. So for now, I'm going with that person has some miscommunication or misinformed.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Hope thats all wrong an it is getting a real release over here. But if not I've been importing .hack stuff for years at this point. Another ones hardly gonna kill me, though it may aid in re-burying the series overseas.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Erroneous wrote: Having difficulty believing a non-BandaiNamco non-CyberConnect2 Twitter account and non-authorized twitter account posting a slide show of .hack//GU Last Recode without any words on it being digital only in the US. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, unless it came from an official source; especially from a source that gets it's funding's through Patreon at that as legit. So for now, I'm going with that person has some miscommunication or misinformed.
It seems to be the case as the Gamestop pre-order is digital only http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/hack- ... ode/150492 ^^'
I just hope the EU version has a physical copy @.@
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I don't have a PS4, so I wouldn't be able to use a physical copy anyway. :/

As long as I can get it for Steam, though, I'll be most happy.
k-su

Post by k-su »

This possible news would tear me up, but I already committed to buying copies from each region to support the series. It just means I won't have to insert a disk when I play and I'll have one less box on the shelf. I'll reserve my dread for an official statement from the horse's mouth, though.