.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Advent_Winter

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Advent_Winter »

Vallen wrote:I never quite understood why Rogues were the only class to have multiple weapons. Are they weaker than all other classes as a result?
Yes. Lore-wise, Adept Rouges are considered a terrible class to play with since you have to level and master each class that you choose separately, and progression is slower than normal. They're essentially a "jack of all trades, master of none" class.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Adept Rogues are meant to be a weaker class in terms of stats, it means nothing as Haseo's stats are a bit different from a normal Adept Rogue as I recall (see Matsu for reference).

As for the original six classes...

Twin Blades became Dual Swords
Blademasters became Blade Brandiers
Heavy Blades/Axeman became Edge Punishers
Long Arms became Lord Partizans
Wavemasters became Harvest Clerics/Warlocks

But true though, Midori might work as the Edge Punisher if they decide not to add BlackRose in. Or Asta, who I always thought was a neat character. I could see him joining up with Haseo when all is said and done.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Xu Yuan wrote:I 100% agree on another Lance user. Seeing a surprise return from Albireo or Gardenia would make my day. Aside from Piros there weren't any other important Lance ?Lords? were there?
I always thought Haseo in his second form looked like a Dragoon from the Final Fanrasy series (think Kain or Aranea). I know it won't happen, but it would be sick if Haseo could also use lances. Considering Piros is the only lance user and he's not available until the post-game, having Haseo use a lance would fill that void.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote: I never quite understood why Rogues were the only class to have multiple weapons. Are they weaker than all other classes as a result?
Which classes got cut or renamed from IMOQ? Wavemasters become Harvest Clerics, did anyone else got cut/renamed?
Don't forget in the original Adept Rogues were called Multi-Weapons ^_^

Seems people were limited to what job classes they could choose with a points system incase they gained too much of an advantage over other players http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Adept_Rogue
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Vallen wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:I 100% agree on another Lance user. Seeing a surprise return from Albireo or Gardenia would make my day. Aside from Piros there weren't any other important Lance ?Lords? were there?
I always thought Haseo in his second form looked like a Dragoon from the Final Fanrasy series (think Kain or Aranea). I know it won't happen, but it would be sick if Haseo could also use lances. Considering Piros is the only lance user and he's not available until the post-game, having Haseo use a lance would fill that void.
A lance you say?:

Well wand technically but hey if yah swing like a scythe and thrust it like a long arm well what else do you got?
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Time to put away some extra money in advance for this on Steam.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Xu Yuan wrote:Hmm, what did you have in mind? I know I would certainly like At Least One Brandish in my permanent party! What an oversight that was on their part. BlackRose was clearly meant to take that role, but alas.
I'm not too sure, for me adding more connections to the rest of the series would be nice but if it had to be mechanical... would be an improving most of the boss battles. Since having Kite do something than just stand there would be nice.

EDIT: Better yet the music, give me more music

Also on a side note however where's Kuukai in all of this, normally he'd be all over this? Heck with his connections I half expected them to be working with CC2 on this.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Also on a side note however where's Kuukai in all of this, normally he'd be all over this? Heck with his connections I half expected them to be working with CC2 on this.
Maybe got in too deep and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, thus inability to participate in the conversation.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Also on a side note however where's Kuukai in all of this, normally he'd be all over this? Heck with his connections I half expected them to be working with CC2 on this.
I sent him, Sorrow, and a few other people PMs. About half got back to me that they're busy with work but will join us here once they get free time. Nothing from Kuukai, though.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Vallen wrote:
I sent him, Sorrow, and a few other people PMs. About half got back to me that they're busy with work but will join us here once they get free time. Nothing from Kuukai, though.
Sorrow knows. We're friends on facebook. Sent him the news the moment it broke out.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i know im a bit late, but this is some sick news. hyped.

guess ill need a playstation or pc?
Falions

Post by Falions »

Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

My fears were for naught! Huzzah!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'm still celebrating over here.

Anyway, might be time I buy either a PS4 or a new PC, we shall see.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i know im a bit late, but this is some sick news. hyped.

:P Yup you are late~

Indeed PS4 or PC, both region free and with both trademarked in the U.S./ Europe it won't matter either way...unless one has a better limited edition should they go that route xD

Edit: PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9p4DnB2EU

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Page - http://hackgul.bn-ent.net/
Twitter icons - http://hack.bn-ent.net/twcp/
Kite novel - http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:i know im a bit late, but this is some sick news. hyped.

:P Yup you are late~

Indeed PS4 or PC, both region free and with both trademarked in the U.S./ Europe it won't matter either way...unless one has a better limited edition should they go that route xD

Edit: PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9p4DnB2EU

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Page - http://hackgul.bn-ent.net/
Twitter icons - http://hack.bn-ent.net/twcp/
Kite novel - http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/
That Kite novel is really interesting... lots of world-building. Seems Pluto's Kiss was perpetrated by a kid named Warren Block (Brook?), and not Jyotaro Amagi like I had always liked to imagine. :lol: Him and that Randolph character are pretty interesting. I wonder how in-depth this web novel will go.

Knowing CC2's reputation with web novels, though... hopefully this one doesn't take five years to complete. :lol:
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Well we did get to see a slight glimpse of Haseo's new form (though he appears to be weilding a Broadsword, so not sure what's happening there since he already has that upgrade)

Also English Trailer already! No lack of localization for us this time! Since that's presumably a new "scream" from Yuri that means he's coming back to the series for voice work as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljiWOrULppk

That new outfit also looks really snazzy, I am getting more and more excited about this remaster!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Xu Yuan wrote:That new outfit also looks really snazzy, I am getting more and more excited about this remaster!
I wonder if we get to play that form in post-game or if its a cutscene for the "final attack", hmmmm
Last edited by Vallen on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Oh man. This is scary good. They must really be planning on rebooting the series with a new entry after this. It explains the Kite novel as well as the remasters if that's the case. They really want to get as many new people up to date with the series as much as possible for the upcoming project. Somebody fetch MasterZED. I'd love to see him utterly destroy this series again, but in HD!
k-su

Post by k-su »

Yar! Where be your hat, Captain Haseo? You lost your eyepatch, too.