.hack//G.U. Last Recode

User avatar
Falions
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Falions » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:58 am

Vallen wrote:I liked how they talked a little about everyone's life outside the game. In fact, it was the little details and confirmations that stood out to me the most - like how  Zelkova is an AI. I'm glad this speculation is put to rest.

Well,  Kusabira calls him "big brother," so what could that mean? That Zelkova is the big brother of AIDA? What is above AIDA?

Kuukai wrote:


I wonder what the purpose in setting up all these new characters is. Also, Kuukai, did you buy the premium edition? I'd love to see a summary of the novel inside it.

User avatar
Bullet Biter
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Bullet Biter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:25 am

Finishing volume 4 last night and now reading all this interesting info! It feels like I've just had a wonderful spa treatment!

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but Bandai Namco NA is selling a 15th anniversary shirt for .hack on their store~
https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/pro ... hirt-small

User avatar
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos
Posts: 2157
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: the ocean above us

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby TheEnigma » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Bullet Biter wrote:Finishing volume 4 last night and now reading all this interesting info! It feels like I've just had a wonderful spa treatment!

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but Bandai Namco NA is selling a 15th anniversary shirt for .hack on their store~
https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/pro ... hirt-small


Damn, that shirt design is pretty awesome. Might have to use it as my phone background at least.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast
Image
For it is the number of a man; and his number is... 666

User avatar
Vallen
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Vallen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Bullet Biter wrote:Finishing volume 4 last night and now reading all this interesting info! It feels like I've just had a wonderful spa treatment!

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but Bandai Namco NA is selling a 15th anniversary shirt for .hack on their store~
https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/pro ... hirt-small


viewtopic.php?p=478782#p478782 :D

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Kuukai » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Erroneous wrote:What were the previous theories?

Zelkova was...

 1. an AI
 2. Helba
 3. Kaede's real-life son
 4. Helba's prodigy
Not #3, that child died, hence she has attachment issues.
Falions wrote:Well,  Kusabira calls him "big brother," so what could that mean? That Zelkova is the big brother of AIDA? What is above AIDA?
Since AIDA weren't born until Aura left, Spoke who showed up during the Internet Golden Age is presumably unrelated. It doesn't sound like  Zelkova is at the meeting, especially based on his statements in Vol.4. But that doesn't mean he isn't AIDA. Another possibility is that Kusabira fused to an AI or in some way merged with the game in a way similar to whatever Zelkova is. Or maybe all AIs can be considered siblings. Hoping this is explained behind the scenes.
Falions wrote:I wonder what the purpose in setting up all these new characters is. Also, Kuukai, did you buy the premium edition? I'd love to see a summary of the novel inside it.
I'm also excited that they're adding a completely new force to the equation.

I'll be getting the premium edition later, right now I would need to see scans.
Image

User avatar
Greyoutt
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Greyoutt » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Kuukai wrote: -Yoshida (26) detected traces of Haseo's investigation, this sets off all the other AIDA as they consider Haseo pretty much an AIDA mass murderer.



 You could say he fills them with the Terror of Death ;D

User avatar
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:44 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Erroneous » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Kuukai wrote:Not #3, that child died, hence she has attachment issues.


A re-occurring theme to dothack hasn't been old PC's having their PC's ran by AI's or other unknown forces? Harald, Sora, Phyllo, .hack//Returner Ovan, etc...?

User avatar
SaberChan
lurker
lurker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby SaberChan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Kuukai wrote:
Erroneous wrote:What were the previous theories?

Zelkova was...

 1. an AI
 2. Helba
 3. Kaede's real-life son
 4. Helba's prodigy
Not #3, that child died, hence she has attachment issues.
Falions wrote:Well,  Kusabira calls him "big brother," so what could that mean? That Zelkova is the big brother of AIDA? What is above AIDA?
Since AIDA weren't born until Aura left, Spoke who showed up during the Internet Golden Age is presumably unrelated. It doesn't sound like  Zelkova is at the meeting, especially based on his statements in Vol.4. But that doesn't mean he isn't AIDA. Another possibility is that Kusabira fused to an AI or in some way merged with the game in a way similar to whatever Zelkova is. Or maybe all AIs can be considered siblings. Hoping this is explained behind the scenes.
Falions wrote:I wonder what the purpose in setting up all these new characters is. Also, Kuukai, did you buy the premium edition? I'd love to see a summary of the novel inside it.
I'm also excited that they're adding a completely new force to the equation.

I'll be getting the premium edition later, right now I would need to see scans.


I wouldn't be able to SCAN them per-se (currently scanner-less), but I can take (hopefully clear) pictures of the pages if anyone wants.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Kuukai » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 pm

Greyoutt wrote: You could say he fills them with the Terror of Death ;D
 Yep, he is basically their grim reaper.
Erroneous wrote:
Kuukai wrote:Not #3, that child died, hence she has attachment issues.


A re-occurring theme to dothack hasn't been old PC's having their PC's ran by AI's or other unknown forces? Harald, Sora, Phyllo, .hack//Returner Ovan, etc...?
That's a good point. Saku kind of counts to that too.
SaberChan wrote:I wouldn't be able to SCAN them per-se (currently scanner-less), but I can take (hopefully clear) pictures of the pages if anyone wants.
If there were pictures I would try my best to translate them, or at least give a detailed summary.
Image

User avatar
SaberChan
lurker
lurker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby SaberChan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:44 am

I'll work on scanning them then, my friend is letting me borrow their scanner.
I'll try and make the scans as clean as I can... here's a test run of the first scan. Subsequent scans have been much more clear, thankfully.

Image

User avatar
foxkeric
lurker
lurker
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby foxkeric » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey all! I'm totally new to the forums, but G.U. is one of my favorite RPG series...so much so that I ordered the special edition from Amazon.co.jp.
SaberChan, did you get the edition with the postcards? I see you're already scanning in the book, but if anyone wants a scan of the postcards I'd be happy to oblige.

It also comes with an audio dramatization on CD. I could upload a rip, if anyone would want to translate?

I was kind of hoping there would be English subtitles available for some of the content...still happy with my purchase though. It's a unique thing that made me quite happy to open.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Kuukai » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks! The infobook portion from page 67 sounds interesting. I especially want to read about Zelkova/Keyaki, Kusabira, and Yata. For the novel, the chapters are:
1. May the stars shine upon you until the end of your journey!
2. Things will work out, I'm sure
3. It would be good if this went well
4. ....huh?
5. It's okay, but...
6. Super delicious
7. Nice to meet you
8. There's no time to be standing around...

I posted a summary of what we learned from the audio drama one page back (warning: it spoils volume 4'a big twist) : viewtopic.php?p=478817#p478817

I also thought it was strange that the Japanese version doesn't have English as an option considering the simultaneous release, but this is the way I've always played .hack so I'm used to it. It gives me one more reason to eventually buy the Steam version (the other would be mods). I tend to use the dub as reference for translating other things. Hopefully if we all keep throwing money at this they'll make us a new game.
Image

User avatar
SaberChan
lurker
lurker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby SaberChan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Thank you, Kuukai!
The information book is really interesting, from what little I can read. Yata's chapter in particular brings up a familiar face from Link...

At any rate, here are the scans, in PDF Format. https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qm2c1s6 ... agtime.pdf

If you'd like them as individual images (scanned them as PNGs), let me know and I'll upload them separately. There are 40 pages of the book in total, but I skipped out on scanning one, since it was just an intermission page without any information on it.

foxkeric wrote:Hey all! I'm totally new to the forums, but G.U. is one of my favorite RPG series...so much so that I ordered the special edition from Amazon.co.jp.
SaberChan, did you get the edition with the postcards? I see you're already scanning in the book, but if anyone wants a scan of the postcards I'd be happy to oblige.

It also comes with an audio dramatization on CD. I could upload a rip, if anyone would want to translate?

I was kind of hoping there would be English subtitles available for some of the content...still happy with my purchase though. It's a unique thing that made me quite happy to open.


I did get the edition with the postcards! (Missed out on an AmiAmi preorder ;-; )
I've ripped the Drama CD as well. I haven't scanned the postcards, but they're super nice! Too nice to use...

User avatar
Greyoutt
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Greyoutt » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm glad Elk/Endrace's player seems to be doing better. I wonder if Piros has a picture of the R:1 gang next to the R:2 one?


Also I love this:
Image

Zeroetanaru
lurker
lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Russia

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Zeroetanaru » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Guilty Dragon
PC: X-Zero
Member Address: 964172231

User avatar
.hack//BICTIOUS
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Newberry, South Carolina

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby .hack//BICTIOUS » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 pm

SaberChan wrote:Thank you, Kuukai!
The information book is really interesting, from what little I can read. Yata's chapter in particular brings up a familiar face from Link...

At any rate, here are the scans, in PDF Format. https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qm2c1s6 ... agtime.pdf

If you'd like them as individual images (scanned them as PNGs), let me know and I'll upload them separately. There are 40 pages of the book in total, but I skipped out on scanning one, since it was just an intermission page without any information on it.


Requesting this. :) Would be easier to share to a friend.
Endrance is so purdy in his dress <33

User avatar
SaberChan
lurker
lurker
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby SaberChan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:57 pm

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:
SaberChan wrote:Thank you, Kuukai!
The information book is really interesting, from what little I can read. Yata's chapter in particular brings up a familiar face from Link...

At any rate, here are the scans, in PDF Format. https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qm2c1s6 ... agtime.pdf

If you'd like them as individual images (scanned them as PNGs), let me know and I'll upload them separately. There are 40 pages of the book in total, but I skipped out on scanning one, since it was just an intermission page without any information on it.


Requesting this. :) Would be easier to share to a friend.



https://imgur.com/a/20r6O

For your viewing pleasure :)

Alternatively, here's a ZIP.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vp5rxcim ... /SCANS.zip

User avatar
.hack//BICTIOUS
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Newberry, South Carolina

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby .hack//BICTIOUS » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:59 pm

SaberChan wrote:
.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:
SaberChan wrote:Thank you, Kuukai!
The information book is really interesting, from what little I can read. Yata's chapter in particular brings up a familiar face from Link...

At any rate, here are the scans, in PDF Format. https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qm2c1s6 ... agtime.pdf

If you'd like them as individual images (scanned them as PNGs), let me know and I'll upload them separately. There are 40 pages of the book in total, but I skipped out on scanning one, since it was just an intermission page without any information on it.


Requesting this. :) Would be easier to share to a friend.



https://imgur.com/a/20r6O

For your viewing pleasure :)

Alternatively, here's a ZIP.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vp5rxcim ... /SCANS.zip


You're a godsend. Thank you!!
Endrance is so purdy in his dress <33

User avatar
Avatar_Crim
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Avatar_Crim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:09 pm

picked up the game on steam finally. stoked. anyone else happen to have the pc version as well? and how does it run for you?
crim crim crim crim

User avatar
Tron
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Tron » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 am

I have. It runs quite well, but just in case, here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/525480/di ... 266355375/
Apparently it improves performance and stuff and fixes some errors. You can try it out if you want. I'm going to do so soon.
Image


Return to “//G.U. Last Recode”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users