.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Keyaki

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Keyaki »

On another note, do you guys think G.U has aged well?
Yes.
I'm just worried that the game is gonna get hit with lousy reviews from people who might not even play the whole thing.
That's their own problem
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

I agree that the G.U. games have aged pretty well, in my opinion. I believe that they are part of the most beautiful-looking games on PS2, which is ironic when compared to its big brothers, IMOQ... I love these games too, but ugh, even back then they were so ugly, especially the models of the characters.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I always thought that if you combined them into one game, G.U. was a pretty solid action RPG. Clearly the business people at CC2 and Bandai Namco, both in Japan and globally, thought so too.

G.U. was pretty successful, each volume sold more copies than the previous, which was untrue for the first series and for episodic content in general. For Infection, you had about twice as many customers as you did for the next volume. If you look at most TV show premieres it's exactly the same pattern, half as many people tune in the next week. But G.U. was actually the opposite, which is pretty valuable.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:D And thats Amazon.co.uk got a listing for Last Recode~ Now available to pre-order on amazon.co.uk~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074VG7PGW/ ... ast+recode

Bout time as the US had it first,then Japan and now us~ ^.^
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

How does everyone feel G.U. will stack up against the newer media this year such as Overlord, Death End Re:Quest, and Sword Art Online?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:How does everyone feel G.U. will stack up against the newer media this year such as Overlord, Death End Re:Quest, and Sword Art Online?
Given G.U. has already been released before it should have a great reception with fans jumping on a cheaper (and improved/longer) alternative than purchasing all 3 volumes used at $50+ each assuming it was even released in their region. It will be much easier for new fans/non-fans to get into the game thanks to the Terminal disc explaining IMOQ

Not sure I can rate Overlord to G.U. seeing as they don't have a game out,only anime/light novels/manga/drama CDs with the movies physically out in September and with any luck season 2 airing in October-ish time ^_^ Besides if you played as Ainz then I can only imagine a Dynasty Warriors like game except enemies can't physically deal damage and you one shot anyone....essentially you'd be One Spell Man xD

Death End Re:Quest would definitely compete with Last Recode given the premise but seeing as there isn't much info out and no release date we don't need to worry if its released after~

I'm sure Last Recode would be a nice change of pace for SAO players, much easier to play if they don't want to customise/level a plethora of characters and have a high level/skill cap ^^' I'd imagine SAO fans can't get into .hack due to the game prices,so even if recommended them actually getting ahold would be difficult. I'd like to say G.U.'s plot is better than the SAO games i've played so far, helps when you get more in-game cutscenes rather than character profiles talking ^_^
k-su

Post by k-su »

SSJScygoku wrote::D And thats Amazon.co.uk got a listing for Last Recode~ Now available to pre-order on amazon.co.uk~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074VG7PGW/ ... ast+recode

"This item does not ship to the United States."

Welp, anyone know any good places that ship EU games internationally?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

k-su wrote:"This item does not ship to the United States."

:/ what the heck, I can order the US version from amazon.com so how the heck doesn't it work both ways.

Playasia ships internationally and you can purchase all versions ^-^ http://www.play-asia.com/hackgu-last-recode/13/70bc8z
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

k-su wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote::D And thats Amazon.co.uk got a listing for Last Recode~ Now available to pre-order on amazon.co.uk~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074VG7PGW/ ... ast+recode

"This item does not ship to the United States."

An interesting thing about that.
The Japanese amazon listing started off saying it wouldn't ship internationally but now it does. This could happen for the EU listing as well. So maybe just give it some time?
But, if you're in the US why not just get the US game? No region locks on PS4.
k-su

Post by k-su »

I'm buying from all regions to support the series, so I want to get a physical EU version if I can. Already have the others preordered.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

A demo will be available at C3AFA Tokyo 2017 from August 26 to 27. Hopefully we will have some gameplay videos.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Anybody got a price listed on Steam so I can save up for it? Its still not on Steamdb, this and a certain 3rd person shooter are my top priorities for PC this and next year.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kaori wrote:Anybody got a price listed on Steam so I can save up for it? Its still not on Steamdb, this and a certain 3rd person shooter are my top priorities for PC this and next year.
It's 49 US dollars on Amazon, so something like that.

By the way, Kaori, I happened to look at the back of a DVD at work the other day and saw something quite familiar:

:lol:
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Dasha wrote:A demo will be available at C3AFA Tokyo 2017 from August 26 to 27. Hopefully we will have some gameplay videos.
Hopefully we'll have some game play videos from people that know how to play.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Falions wrote:
Kaori wrote:Anybody got a price listed on Steam so I can save up for it? Its still not on Steamdb, this and a certain 3rd person shooter are my top priorities for PC this and next year.
It's 49 US dollars on Amazon, so something like that.

By the way, Kaori, I happened to look at the back of a DVD at work the other day and saw something quite familiar:

:lol:
Hmm, I wish I could get a specific price for the Philippines Steam store, we get games cheaper here, sometimes anyway, whats usually $20 in Tate is $10-$7 over here, although some $50 games are still $50 in here, and yeah, its Shizuru Fujimura from Godannar, good super robot anime.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Scan preview. Haseo 5th Form's new weapon is named Gate of Uroboros.

Source.

From Siliconera:
The weapon is called “Gate of Ouroboros” and it is only available for Haseo’s new 5th form. The weapon can change form, and each one determines which of the eight arts it can use along with a variety of combos. It also has a secret “Skill Trigger” combo activation ability, but we’ll learn more on that later.
Falions

Post by Falions »

November 3rd release date announced! New 5 minute trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDX6yRn9Gw

One thing that caught my eye:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wasn't in the originals, right? It looks like Haseo on the left but I can't tell who's on the right.

Also, what's with the new anime-like animation? An odd choice.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

The character on the right is the new girl.

So much hype, it is looking excellent!

Also his new weapon can shapeshift into eight different forms depending on the corresponding avatar's power that he uses (we see him surrounding by the eight weapons). So he can basically use the Macabre Dancer weapon, etc. That's awesome.

When he uses the skill "The Terror of Death", his weapon change into a scythe.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Well, I'm slightly disappointed. They kept the horrible dual sword mechanics in Rebirth, based on what I saw in that trailer.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Falions wrote:November 3rd release date announced! New 5 minute trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDX6yRn9Gw

One thing that caught my eye:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wasn't in the originals, right? It looks like Haseo on the left but I can't tell who's on the right.

Also, what's with the new anime-like animation? An odd choice.
What's disturbing, given it's all in a game, why is there a bag of IV between their two beds?