.hack//G.U. Last Recode

(Phantom) Thief

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I love the images.

Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

A heads up, CD Japan canceled my special edition order saying they were told by Amazon that it's out of stock.

Amazon shows there's still orders open though so I'm gonna guess and say either they're turning down known proxy services or CD Japan is having issues processing the pre-orders on their end. Ended up using amiami instead. (shrugs)
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Bullet Biter wrote:A heads up, CD Japan canceled my special edition order saying they were told by Amazon that it's out of stock.

Amazon shows there's still orders open though so I'm gonna guess and say either they're turning down known proxy services or CD Japan is having issues processing the pre-orders on their end. Ended up using amiami instead. (shrugs)
Fingers crossed mine also doesn't get cancelled :?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Bullet Biter wrote:A heads up, CD Japan canceled my special edition order saying they were told by Amazon that it's out of stock.

Thanks for the heads up,no problems on my end yet ^^' hope its just an issue on their end which makes more sense.
Falions

Post by Falions »

I just pre-ordered through Amiami. I have a glimmer of hope of Bamco US bringing over the premium edition but if not I've always got this back-up. I hesitated on ordering from Play-Asia just because of their no-cancel policy.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I'm kinda hoping this comes to steam, would be nice to be able to make mods too on PC, can't wait to replace Haseo with Kermit.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Kaori wrote:I'm kinda hoping this comes to steam, would be nice to be able to make mods too on PC, can't wait to replace Haseo with Kermit.
?? It's been announced like 2 months ago that it's Steam and PS4 worldwide ??
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Vallen wrote:
Kaori wrote:I'm kinda hoping this comes to steam, would be nice to be able to make mods too on PC, can't wait to replace Haseo with Kermit.
Was it? I don't see it on Steamdb and it only said PC, for all we know it could be GoG exclusive or they might not be using a digital marketplace.
Tron

Post by Tron »

Kaori wrote:
Vallen wrote:
Was it? I don't see it on Steamdb and it only said PC, for all we know it could be GoG exclusive or they might not be using a digital marketplace.
http://hackgul.bn-ent.net/
Looking at the official site will help you.
Besides, you seem to either be unaware or forget that all the PC ports from Bamco are on Steam only.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Honestly, when they say PC, it is pretty much guaranteed to be on Steam at this point, lol. Though personally I'm getting it on PS4 as I don't like playing on PC. Different strokes I suppose.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Tron wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Vallen wrote:
http://hackgul.bn-ent.net/
Looking at the official site will help you.
Besides, you seem to either be unaware or forget that all the PC ports from Bamco are on Steam only.
I am unaware, only bamco games I play are on my Vita and Ipad, I'm not obsessed like you guys, no offense meant, I mostly play the Fallout games minus 4 so most of the games I see on my front page are similar games, I'm frankly embarassed I never noticed, then again, why would I go looking for SAO or Gundam Versus on Steam?

On another note, do you guys think G.U has aged well? There are a lot of RPG's on steam and this ending up on steam worries me, most RPG players I know praise Witcher 3 for its storytelling(despite me never having played the damn game so I wouldn't know) and how RPG's should be done, I'm just worried that the game is gonna get hit with lousy reviews from people who might not even play the whole thing.
Tron

Post by Tron »

If people on Steam can gobble up "poo" like Fate/EXTELLA and like it... then I guess G.U. is fine.
Or if you want a JRPG example, Neptunia. They also like dem neps.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Kaori wrote:
On another note, do you guys think G.U has aged well? There are a lot of RPG's on steam and this ending up on steam worries me, most RPG players I know praise Witcher 3 for its storytelling(despite me never having played the damn game so I wouldn't know) and how RPG's should be done, I'm just worried that the game is gonna get hit with lousy reviews from people who might not even play the whole thing.
I think GU has aged decently. The graphics still hold up well because of the art direction and bumping up the settings on an emulator really show the work CC2 put into it. The story is accessible and will be more accessible to newbies with the inclusion of Terminal Disc in the Remaster and really I've never heard any complaints about GU's story from non-.hack fans (aside from the DRAMATIC SCREAMING being super anime) and some moments being kind of hammy, but that's just standard JRPG fare at this point.

The biggest thing is the gameplay which caused critics and players alike to give it poorer reviews, which I think was fairly justified since CC2 does focus more on graphics/story/art than actual gameplay mechanics. I don't forsee this part changing much even with the stated gameplay changes, but now there's a sizeable amount of players who'll overlook gameplay flaws in favor of more artistic aspects of games (look how many games include easy/casual modes for story enjoyment now compared to 10 years ago!) so people may be less harsh than they once were.

Really, I think with the popularity of series like SAO and Log Horizon along with the increased audience that enjoys story focused games that GU might be more well received now than it was 10 years ago.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Bullet Biter wrote:Really, I think with the popularity of series like SAO and Log Horizon along with the increased audience that enjoys story focused games that GU might be more well received now than it was 10 years ago.
I could still see people complaining about the combat, it wasn't too in-depth a decade ago, and people will definitely b!tch about it now. Hope enough at least realize that it's the story that matters here.
Tron wrote:If people on Steam can gobble up "poo" like Fate/EXTELLA and like it... then I guess G.U. is fine.
Just because Musou games are not your thing, doesn't make it "poo".
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:
Bullet Biter wrote:Really, I think with the popularity of series like SAO and Log Horizon along with the increased audience that enjoys story focused games that GU might be more well received now than it was 10 years ago.
I could still see people complaining about the combat, it wasn't too in-depth a decade ago, and people will definitely b!tch about it now. Hope enough at least realize that it's the story that matters here.
The game is also ~80 hours long if you play all three games, though. I could see someone finishing vol. 1 and deciding not to play the rest because of the lack of skills Haseo gets for the first 10 hours of the game, and the only real switch is when he gets his job extend. Too often nowadays I see a good game's score drop because some "game reviewer" decides not to finish the whole thing. Most recently I saw the new Nier drop from a 90 average to an 89 because of someone who gave it a 6/10 for only finishing the first ending.
Tron

Post by Tron »

Vallen wrote:
Tron wrote:If people on Steam can gobble up "poo" like Fate/EXTELLA and like it... then I guess G.U. is fine.
Just because Musou games are not your thing, doesn't make it "poo".
I love how you immediately assume that my problem with the game is just that it's musou.
Lovely.

I mentioned it for the very same reason I mentioned Nep's game.
To point out that .hack//g.u. despite not being "DA BESTEST" in gameplay department AND being filled with very typical "anime" things it will probably do very good on Steam, or at least decently enough. Well, unless they butcher the port on release, in which case that might kill it. I've seen something like that happen far too often.

As for EXTELLA itself... I like musou games. Some of the best fun I had was playing Dynasty Warriors games (for example) with my friend.
I also like Fate universe... and while I'm of opinion that Nero is best seibah, Extella is just UGH to me for various reasons unrelated to this thread. Hope that clears it up.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Falions wrote: Too often nowadays I see a good game's score drop because some "game reviewer" decides not to finish the whole thing. Most recently I saw the new Nier drop from a 90 average to an 89 because of someone who gave it a 6/10 for only finishing the first ending.
Hell, the original Nier got murdered by reviewers back in 2010 over a fishing quest and now the game is considered a work of art.
At least now we have tons of sources for reviews from a variety of people to kinda level out the playing field instead of having to rely on magazines and like three websites...
Falions

Post by Falions »

Bullet Biter wrote:
Falions wrote: Too often nowadays I see a good game's score drop because some "game reviewer" decides not to finish the whole thing. Most recently I saw the new Nier drop from a 90 average to an 89 because of someone who gave it a 6/10 for only finishing the first ending.
Hell, the original Nier got murdered by reviewers back in 2010 over a fishing quest and now the game is considered a work of art.
At least now we have tons of sources for reviews from a variety of people to kinda level out the playing field instead of having to rely on magazines and like three websites...
Sometimes all it takes is a cute character design that guys love to gawk at and girls love to cosplay. :lol:
Here's hoping cosplayers see the light and start spamming that Haseo midriff to conventions!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

k-su wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:should i finish beating g.u. before playing this? im going to be honest, the only one ive completed is infection lol.
Why play it now? Finish IMOQ if you can and save GU for when Last Recode comes out. Maybe refresh yourself on the contents of the Terminal disks to bridge the gap between IMOQ and GU. That's how I'm going to do it anyway.
i already have all the games. thats not a problem. i just got lazy playing them. I prefer multiplayer games, so its a bit hard to play anything single player, especially if i have friends on xbox or steam online.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Seems we can now pre-order .hack//G.U. Last Recode Premium edition directly off of amazon.jp, i'm positive I tried before but was just told someone had put orders so after retrying it turns out it works~ :)