.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Vallen

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Vallen »

Keyaki wrote:A little too late for that.
I have to agree with this. What they're doing now is literally throwing a bone our way, a cheaply made one at that (HD port is simpler than developing new material).

Back in the 2000s .hack had an identity, a community, and originality. A decade later, in 2017, it has neither. They would have to do something revolutionary in the gaming scene with .hack for it to regain even a fraction of what is lost to time.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/01138825.html
●発売日は2017年11月1日! 新エピソードも公開!

架空のオンラインRPGの世界を舞台とした、オフラインRPG『.hack』シリーズ。その第2シーズンである『.hack//G.U.』をHDリマスター化した『.hack//G.U. Last Recode(ラストリコード)』。本作では、『.hack//G.U.』の全3巻がHD画質で楽しめるだけでなく、快適にプレイできるように、システムも大幅に改善されている。さらに、『Vol.3』のその後が描かれる、新エピソード『Vol.4 あるいは世界を紡ぐ蛇たちの見る夢』も収録されていることが判明! 週刊ファミ通2017年8月17日号では、この新エピソードの序盤と物語を握る少女、そして『Vol.4』でさらに進化する、主人公ハセヲの5thフォームも紹介!!

詳細は、週刊ファミ通2017年8月17日号(2017年8月3日発売)でご確認ください!

■週刊ファミ通のご購入はこちら
※ebten(エビテン)

■電子版のご購入はこちら
※BOOK☆WALKER

(C).hack Conglomerate (C)BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. ※画面は開発中のものです。
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Kaori wrote:Here's the details in english:
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/01/ha ... 4-episode/
Looks like Gematsu 1up them.
Vol. 4 Story

Haseo logs into “The World R:2” for the first time in one year and three months following the events of .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption. In the large hollow of Qua Holme, he finds a frozen Ovan. Haseo tries to break the ice, but with his current power, he does not have the means to do so. Haseo rounds up his former comrades to go on an adventure to rescue Ovan.

Kusabila (voiced by Sumire Morohoshi)

A mysterious girl who suddenly appears before Haseo. She seems to know about the large hollow of Qua Holme, but…

Haseo 5th Form (voiced by Takahiro Sakurai)

The protagonist. His multi-weapon class enables him to handle more weapons the more he develops.

Premium Edition Content

Game disc (Vol. 1 to 3 + brand new Vol. 4 + Terminal Disc)
Premium Disc Set (soundtrack, drama CD, and anime Blu-ray disc)
“Secret File” booklet (newly written novel and Vol. 4 artworks)
Special box

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/08/hackg-u-las ... hXRqiOg.99
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Ehh. "volume 4" won't be anything beyond an extra dungeon I suspect, kinda a big name for little content. I do like the JAP LE though, are pre-orders up for it yet?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

That seems awfully pessimistic, why would they go through the trouble of creating an extra form to go through a single extra dungeon? The story seems that it wants to try and tie up the Ovan loose end, which should be interesting, I'm not sure how it's going to work in canon, but it seems like it may be retconning //Returner, ah well.
k-su

Post by k-su »

They did say the next time they revealed something we'd be blown away or something like that and they were right. My day was made before I even got the chance to do anything.

You have to think, though, how this plays out in the timeline. R2 didn't last too much longer after the events of GU, so if Haseo has taken over a year off and still have time to go on one last adventure, there's hardly any time left for the game after Vol. 4. It might mean we see whatever events led to the game prematurely ending. It's an interesting thought at least. Even if this added volume doesn't last more than a few hours, it'll be worth it for a bit of closure with Ovan and possibly new insight into the overarching story.

The LE content is looking real good to me right now. I can't wait for preorders to open. Also, anyone else notice there's going to be a ps4 theme. At the bottom with the LE content, it looks like Haseo sitting in HGC. I wonder if that'll be on the store or LE content?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^_^ Can't wait till the Premium edition goes up on amazon, hope we get it over here since they just need to add subtitles~

I'm curious as to whats on the anime blu-ray disc, is it an OVA,Returner,more Online Jack,Terminal Disc files?
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Yes! Super excited about the premium edition. Hopefully it comes overseas but if not I will be getting the Japanese version. :D
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Ichigo inspired Haseo design <3

k-su wrote:Also, anyone else notice there's going to be a ps4 theme. At the bottom with the LE content, it looks like Haseo sitting in HGC. I wonder if that'll be on the store or LE content?
Here, just set it as your background:

Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Haseo really stopped playing the game for well over a year after Vol.3? Bye bye Peaco's Story!

Wouldn't that mean he turned Canards leadership over to someone else? Guess he had to work his way back up the ranks to reclaim leadership in the eras to come!

R:2 ends in 2018. G.U. ended in summer 2017. This gives the story like what, a 2-3 month period or less to get through?

Hope this Vol.4 has an R name like the rest did in english. Roots, Rebirth, Reminisce, Redemption, Returner... oh duh! Recode!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Lindz wrote:Hope this Vol.4 has an R name like the rest did in english. Roots, Rebirth, Reminisce, Redemption, Returner... oh duh! Recode!
That actually makes a lot of sense, I kinda blanked on it :? :lol:
k-su

Post by k-su »

Vallen wrote: Here, just set it as your background:
[/img]
Forgot about that image, but come on. What if it's a dynamic theme with bg music? Though honestly, I'd prefer getting an Altimit theme just because of how fitting it would be. I still hope we can use the desktops from the games as backgrounds for the ps4 menus.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Vallen wrote:Ichigo inspired Haseo design <3

More like Devil May Cry Dante Haseo.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Amazon.co.jp listing for Premium edition.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B074GVWJT1/

[EDIT]
Upon closer look I noticed a few things.

Haseo's new sword in full view.

On the OST, you can see the sword actually does split into parts.

Pretty rare to see Haseo IRL,I think only one of the manga's ever showed Haseo and Atoli IRL.

Kusabila on the boxset cover.

And if you flip the RAGTIME sheet over, you see certain GU characters IRL, surprisingly Yata is included.

Tron

Post by Tron »

Holy ****... I'm literally blown away at the moment. WHERE'S THE NEXT TRAILER CC2?! WHERE IS IT?!
Shame, that as I'm buying the PC version on Steam, I won't get any of that cool stuff. Though... they could at least include the novel and soundtrack as digital bonuses for buying it on Steam. Or the OST at least.

But you know what new content means, right? More Chikayo Fukuda .hack// music goodness! YES.

EDIT:
I just discovered this forum has a "bad words" filter... for what purpose?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Looks like I'm gonna have to import that LE and buy the local normal copy :shock: ($$$)

Sucks that Amazon.co.jp is not shipping this item to North America. Gotta find alternative sources now... (amazon.jp used to ship like everything to NA, why did they limit it so much in recent years is beyond me)
databug

Post by databug »

Garinteed no EU/AU/NZ version of the premium edition, unless Madman entertainment pick it up.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Welp, looks like G.U. will be costing my Canadian ass $200+ :lol:
Still, though... no preorders on Amazon Canada. That drama CD is almost a sure sign this won't be brought over. When was the last time you've ever listened to a drama CD by English VAs, let alone converted to a video file with subtitles? I'm pretty sure it's never happened.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Vallen wrote:Sucks that Amazon.co.jp is not shipping this item to North America.
I can't see anything that says either way for international shipping on this. Did you get stopped while trying to preorder?

Edit: Just tried to preorder and got rejected. Can't make it easy for us, can they? Welp, time to go check out the usual suspects or hire another proxy service.