.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Tron

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Tron »

Finally came back here (not like I ever posted much since I registered) now that the trailer is out.
I am so happy I could cry, I just hope the optimization of the PC port won't be crap. Since that's the one I'm getting.
I really would like if we could once more get crapload of cheat codes made for playing as custom characters. I never did give that a real try.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I've done some very quick comparisons of a few screenshots between the original and the remaster:

Last edited by Vallen on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tron

Post by Tron »

Noice. It seems pretty obvious to me they're possibly animating them from scratch now. Unless they had good resource management and actually kept their old animations in the 3d software, and are just rerendering and editing them at HD resolutions.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:i know im a bit late, but this is some sick news. hyped.

guess ill need a playstation or pc?
:P Yup you are late~

Indeed PS4 or PC, both region free and with both trademarked in the U.S./ Europe it won't matter either way...unless one has a better limited edition should they go that route xD

Edit: PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9p4DnB2EU

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Page - http://hackgul.bn-ent.net/
Twitter icons - http://hack.bn-ent.net/twcp/
Kite novel - http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/
I was only asleep for 3 hours... Who, what, when, where why how
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Here is the official English Namco Bandai Game Page from their website:
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/ha ... ast-recode

I'm crying :')
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

They are moving with this much faster than I thought they would! It hasn't even been a week and America already has a site, a trailer, and confirmation of release! It's great to see the buzz surrounding it as well and it is now official that it is coming to Steam (not that there was much doubt, but still).
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:I'm crying :')
T-T Not as much compared to the European/Australian fans who couldn't get easy access to G.U without importing the games and console. Nowadays it would cost you the same for the console as it would for all the games ^^' But not that is a moot point with this remaster with added content rendering the old versions invalid and hopefully the price drops xD who am I kidding,they will be classed as rare and double in price~
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I was only asleep for 3 hours... Who, what, when, where why how
You know what they say: " You snooze,you...wake up to more .hack news~" n_n
Falions

Post by Falions »

Tron wrote:Noice. It seems pretty obvious to me they're possibly animating them from scratch now. Unless they had good resource management and actually kept their old animations in the 3d software, and are just rerendering and editing them at HD resolutions.
Considering how in-depth the Archives are, I'd say so.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Nah, they're just touching up cutscenes. Some more than others, though. If you look at the screenshots, you'll see that it's still very much a PS2 game.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

my body is ready.
'Image
Tron

Post by Tron »

Vallen wrote:Nah, they're just touching up cutscenes. Some more than others, though. If you look at the screenshots, you'll see that it's still very much a PS2 game.
Well, I know they still use the good old 3d models, but simply touched up (HD textures). All I'm wondering is if they aren't actually animating those from scratch. Since they might not have old projects for those. It wouldn't be first time something like this happened with game devs.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Someone decoded the runes on Haseo's new sword using the Archives, and it spells out "Key of the Twilight."

https://twitter.com/riyawo_zero/status/ ... 1884353536

I wonder where I've seen that before...

zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Vallen wrote: I wonder if we get to play that form in post-game or if its a cutscene for the "final attack", hmmmm
His outfit reminds me of Kirito. Black trenchcoat, black pants. Different sword. Maybe that's a higher form than his Xth form?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

zerokoolpsx wrote:His outfit reminds me of Kirito. Black trenchcoat, black pants. Different sword. Maybe that's a higher form than his Xth form?
Personally, he reminds me of all his forms fused together. My theory I've posted on other .hack communities is that during Haseo's inner monologue within Volume 3 - he chose his "white side" and gained his "white Xth form". I suspect what we're seeing is him embracing "the dark Haseo's" ideals and this being his "black Xth form".
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Erroneous wrote:
Vallen wrote:Scan 2 - Nice timeline of the .hack franchise on the side there.
There's quite a few mention of RadioB, .hack//Radio, and .hack//G.U. RADIO; these titles are unfamiliar to me.
Vallen wrote:Scan 3 - We see the new main menu, it says Vol. 1, so I guess it's not one big game. Also, the visuals look really cleaned up. Need a translation of what it says above that new Haseo. So the HUD during battles got adjusted slightly.
This is what confused me about the original announcement, and every announcement covered by fans and news sites state all in one. Now either they readers implied or wished for it to be a single game; or it really is 3 separate games like before, or perhaps it is one game that has 3 games to choose from a master main menu of sorts.

They're on the original website (which is back up btw, ever since the annoucement)

http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/hack/flash/indexhigh.html

.hack//Radio were some sort of opening promotion for the series, involving the creators of the game and the voice for Black Rose. .hack//G.U. Radio was something similar as well.

Here's a download for Radio B here.:

https://ufile.io/bzmv5
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Will Last Recode have trophy support though?
Tron

Post by Tron »

You actually expect that in this day and age it wouldn't have trophies/achievements?
They're practically a given.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Advent_Winter wrote:Will Last Recode have trophy support though?
Even PS2 classics on PS4 have trophies. I'm sure this will too.
I usually only get the platinums for VNs, but I am definitely getting the platinum for this.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

zerokoolpsx wrote:
Vallen wrote: I wonder if we get to play that form in post-game or if its a cutscene for the "final attack", hmmmm
His outfit reminds me of Kirito. Black trenchcoat, black pants. Different sword. Maybe that's a higher form than his Xth form?
Between the new form and Matsuyama mentioning a "Haseo we don't know" and a "How do you do" type Haseo, maybe I'm reading too much into this but perhaps there's a post-story of some kind? Maybe even a full-blown volume 4?!?!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Even PS2 classics on PS4 have trophies. I'm sure this will too.
I usually only get the platinums for VNs, but I am definitely getting the platinum for this.
:P Get ready for the 100% completion trophy that requires ALL side quests to be done. Would be hilarious if they had one that popped if you use the bike race glitch called: "Its the only way to win" xD The times I recall for 1st place was just on how long it took to reach the first King Chim Chim, you had to use it ^^'