.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Xu Yuan

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Xu Yuan »

Woohoo! So this means that even America is getting a Physical Release, eh? Fantastic! I'm glad to see that the rumor that it was digital only was just that, a rumor.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Xu Yuan wrote:Woohoo! So this means that even America is getting a Physical Release, eh? Fantastic! I'm glad to see that the rumor that it was digital only was just that, a rumor.
Maybe less a rumor and more of an omission on marketing's part.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Hurrah! Time ta do the happy dance! Will buy local!

...and if some other region has a neat collectors edition may import as well!
k-su

Post by k-su »

+1 space covered on my shelf that I haven't bought yet. Just moved into a bigger place, too, it'll be nice to not have all my cool stuff boxed up for a change. However, I think it's sad that getting a physical copy of a game has become something to be applauded and not expected. I'll not stare a gift horse in the mouth, though. Maybe they'll throw us a bone and release a limited edition.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

.hack Last Recode is currently in #12 on Amazon's Best Sellers for the PS4. Neat.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:.hack Last Recode is currently in #12 on Amazon's Best Sellers for the PS4. Neat.
Currently its at #3 ^-^

Then again with the 3380 shares and 5.4k likes on Bandai Namco's announcement no wonder pre-orders are so high xD
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Glad to know a physical release is really coming!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

should i finish beating g.u. before playing this? im going to be honest, the only one ive completed is infection lol.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Avatar_Crim wrote:should i finish beating g.u. before playing this? im going to be honest, the only one ive completed is infection lol.
Why play it now? Finish IMOQ if you can and save GU for when Last Recode comes out. Maybe refresh yourself on the contents of the Terminal disks to bridge the gap between IMOQ and GU. That's how I'm going to do it anyway.
Last edited by k-su on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

I'd wager that most likely refers to written language. Coming up with 2 new dubs outta the blue doesn't sound like the Scamco way!
k-su

Post by k-su »

Thanks for pointing that out. That makes a lot more sense. Removed, so as not to cause unnecessary confusion.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Avatar_Crim wrote:should i finish beating g.u. before playing this? im going to be honest, the only one ive completed is infection lol.
You call yourself a fan?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I know you're joking, but .hack consists of so many different media it's perfectly understandable not to finish the games. CC2 has said they are keeping the Terminal Disc content which includes the cutscenes from the first games and a synopsis of the plot and how it fits together, so Last Recode is a great way for anyone who missed a game, forgot what happened, or wasn't born when .hack came out to pick it up.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

All this talk takes me back when gu//rebirth came over here.. and we found out the terminal disk was pre-order only and wasn't marketed as such.. debut at a lower price point due to so many pre orders.. was first game to go gold or whatever before it was even available because of pre orders.. over shadowed by the Halo game that came out shortly after... It's just good to be back
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

emptyazureskies wrote:All this talk takes me back when gu//rebirth came over here.. and we found out the terminal disk was pre-order only and wasn't marketed as such.. debut at a lower price point due to so many pre orders.. was first game to go gold or whatever before it was even available because of pre orders.. over shadowed by the Halo game that came out shortly after... It's just good to be back
I always wondered about the Terminal Disc's release,thought they were only in the Special Edition of vol 1 which seemed odd because if non/new .hack fans got G.U. they may want to know what they missed in IMOQ. Seemed strange to keep that content in the pricey Special Edition but now they can technically cover IMOQ as Kuukai mentioned above ^_^

Peculiar how the US and Europe pre-orders are open but not the Japanese version xD
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Terminal Disc was special edition only in the US not a pre-order bonus. Whyyy? I dunno. Scamco being Scamco an not wanting to produce an extra disc with every copy of the game? Or maybe they didn't wanna create the expectation that each volume would come with some kind of bonus disc or extra.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well it was default in the Japanese version, but in the U.S. taking it out was probably just a way to A) reduce costs and B) make the special edition special, since there wasn't a special edition in Japan (just the preorder DVD). A lot of what North American Bandai Namco does doesn't make sense. Luckily this time I think it's pretty much welded in. And they seem to have finally realized that .hack is a popular series.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Oh yeah that JP pre-order dvd... wasn't that the one which had "First Login"?

Wonder if they'll mash that into this collection. Maybe as a Vol.1 desktop video available from the start or as an unlock.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Lindz wrote:Oh yeah that JP pre-order dvd... wasn't that the one which had "First Login"?
Wonder if they'll mash that into this collection. Maybe as a Vol.1 desktop video available from the start or as an unlock.
Main game screen or in-game via unlocked video is fine. I want it to be on disc, none of that bs where you get a code to download it separately to your PS4 via PSN.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kuukai wrote:I know you're joking, but .hack consists of so many different media it's perfectly understandable not to finish the games. CC2 has said they are keeping the Terminal Disc content which includes the cutscenes from the first games and a synopsis of the plot and how it fits together, so Last Recode is a great way for anyone who missed a game, forgot what happened, or wasn't born when .hack came out to pick it up.

Lol, yea I know. And yea, I agree it is hard to get into the series. I was at a used game thrift shop a few weeks ago and I saw the entire GU trilogy for over $100. They even had a sealed copy of //Quarantine for over $160. So yea I can understand that.

However, I believe it's worth it because I don't fully believe that you can get into the series and fully understand what's going on unless you get the games. That's how I did. I even bought the entire series of //Sign. However, I must admit that it was over ten years ago and all of my copies were a lot cheaper than they are now.

It's a problem that can't be helped at that well given how rare the games are.
And they seem to have finally realized that .hack is a popular series.
A little too late for that.