Three missings songs (2 from Sign, 1 from Games)

cyberconnect

Three missings songs (2 from Sign, 1 from Games)

Post by cyberconnect »

Well, after digging, and digging, I thought I had finally completed my .Hack//Music collection. Yet... last week, I rewatched all of //Sign, and I nearly fell out of my chair when I found I was missing a song... and nearly died when I found out I was missing a second song. Then, remembering that I was missing one from the games as well... ya... nuff said. @_@;

Anyway... if anyone knows ANYTHING about the fallowing songs, such as a name (for the //Sign ones), CD with them (I dont think there is one...), or any place to find them (heck, I would pay a bit to finish this collection, so ya), please let me know:

Sign songs:
1) No name. It was played twice. First, when A20 and Mimiru were fighting a Unicorn like monster, second when Mimiru and Sora talked in the episode Twilight Eye.

2) No name. It was played once, on the episode The Eve. It was in the begining, when all of them are reading the email from Helba.

Game song:
1) Harald's Theme. You know... when you are in the white rooms, with Harald. Cant find it at all. T_T;

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Hehe, the last one is actually in the games "Harald's Theme" Dungeon, I think it's called.

If you're talking about the one from SIGN it's called "Grandpa's Violen" Which in my opinion is a poor name for it, You hear it first when the Sign character's encounter Harald, then again when they encounter him, then after Tsukasa is awakened from Her Coma. I personally renamed the song "Harald's Prayer" There is even an instance in Liminality when it is used to signify the Birth of Aura, once again relating back to the "Harald's Prayer" theme, though this is mere fan speculation and I jumped faaaar off the topic.

By the way, I noticed that while watching the series again as well, the one that is played throughout the first half of "The Eve", that's all I noticed, my 4th DVD is screwed up. /cry
cyberconnect

Post by cyberconnect »

Well, I have looked under numerous names for the Harald one, yet again, to no avail.

As for the "Grandpa's Viol.", that is not the one I am talking about (got that one a while ago, via the Liminality OST).

The two Sign ones I am talking about, have no name from what I can tell, and have been put on no OST from what I can tell as well.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Yeah, I know what two you are talking about, as well, it was never put onto a CD, (As far as my knowledge goes) If you wish to listen to Harald's Theme, it should be on your laptop.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I think I might know of the two Sign songs you're talking about. First off, do you have the .hack//extra CD? If you don't, it's most likely that the songs are from there.

And, it's also possible that the game song you're missing is from the .hack//Game Music Perfect Collection. That version has two discs of songs, rather than just the Best of Collection (with one disc) that we have here.

EDIT: Well, went ahead and checked those episodes, cyberconnect; I don't think they're on any of the .hack CDs. The first song you mentioned reminded me of Bridge 5 from the .hack//extra CD, but the songs still don't sound similar enough to be a variation of any other song.
XP Gashsplurnit, I hate it when they don't include every original track...
destai

Post by destai »

Another song thats missing is when Balmung appears in the dungeon and fights the giant slug in .hack//SIGN
cyberconnect

Post by cyberconnect »

Ya, there are also some Key of the Twilight varients, and The World varients as well that were not included (like instrumental versions)
Chevalier

Re:

Post by Chevalier »

destai wrote:Another song thats missing is when Balmung appears in the dungeon and fights the giant slug in .hack//SIGN
This was put on one of those bonus disks that came with .hack//The World. I believe it was disk three, but I can't quite remember =/

I've had no luck finding Harald's Theme either, not even a rip! >.< It's technical name is "Dungeon Harald's Theme", that's what it said on my game at least xD
inkbullets

Re: Three missings songs (2 from Sign, 1 from Games)

Post by inkbullets »

ALRIGHT. NO ONE IS GOING TO READ THIS BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS OLD AS poop.

I HAVE COME WITH A CURE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOaYyeu78s

I HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE

ON THE INTERNET.

:D
hidora

Post by hidora »

8 months? O.o
Talk about necroposting '-'
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

hidora wrote:8 months? O.o
Talk about necroposting '-'
I think it's more embarrassing that he made another topic on top of that. I mean, that Harald song was already freely available in PSF2 format, and anyone could make an MP3 with ease.

But let's make this thread useful, shall we? I'm missing a few track names from my G.U. collection (it's ADX, which has ripping tools that make it easy to pluck an entire soundtrack out of a game using the format), and this one track doesn't even have an in-game source to my knowledge:

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/767565428/c42 ... 73429048c5

In terms of the game's soundtrack listing (the file is just one short song looped twice), it's the very last track, comes right after the Promise Card songs. Maybe I just missed it, but it is a Redemption-only track, so it would be weird for me to have missed it so many times. The rest of my unnamed tracks have sources earlier in the series... well, maybe not Lost Town, but I probably just forgot where it was used since I managed to give it a name.

I'd normally hesitate to post something like this, but sticking it in another dummy and miscellaneous area compilation video just to circumvent the rules seemed a waste of my time.

EDIT: Just noticed this is very off-topic... that's what I get for not looking at what section of the forum I'm posting on, it seems (I've just been using the View New Posts feature; so convenient for circumventing the continuous crippling of front page forum utility for piss-poor aesthetic choices).
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I'm almost certain that's gotta be one of haseo's thoughtful moment songs. I don't remember if it's one of his memories or just a monologue but I doubt the song has a name.
jhonsadins

Post by jhonsadins »

the "Harald's Prayer" theme, though this is mere fan speculation and I jumped faaaar off the topic.
What a crap?