9/10 songs in Roots suck

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: 9/10 songs in Roots suck

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I disagree. In fact, I really hate it when people say the Roots music sucked. I understand for some of the songs, because part of it is one's tastes, but still. 9/10? That's not right. I believe people were just so stuck on the idea that Kajiura didn't come back to do it that they couldn't get beyond that. (Of course, feel free to "enlighten" me on that statement. :P)
There are sooo many underappreciated songs in Roots. In The World, little reliance, shining of breast, friendly like in a childhood, be elegant, illness and ruins, ash wednesday, cultural pride, eternal solitude, final catastrophe and many more, but you get my point.

Ali Project did a fine job. Their music set the right tone for the anime, and the OSTs are really some of my favorites. I would understand if you said "1/2 of the music sucked", but 9/10 is really unfair.
destai

Post by destai »

eh, Im no roots fan, or Ali project fan. All I'm saying is
They should've stuck with Kajiura in my opinion.
quoted for truth.
Orion

Post by Orion »

It sucked that Kajiura didn't come back, but still, Ali Project did a great job fitting the mood. There music was great. Even there insert songs were good.
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

Hmm... I'm not gonna say they sucked, but I will say that I was less than satisfied with them.
oslapedo
Location: Getting rescued by Kenpachi! Heck yes, it's about time!

Post by oslapedo »

I'm such a noob for not even knowing who Kaijura was (They did the .//sign music, right? =3) My bias aside I really think that Ali Project does a good job of fitting the music to the scene. The inserts are really good too, If ever a "I <3 GOD DIVA" shirt was made I would proudly gaze into the windows of stores and admire it from afar =)
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

Wander wrote:Title says it all. Almost all the music in this show sounds retarded. They should've stuck with Kajiura in my opinion.

Discuss.
cuz they should.... mut kajiura is in FictionJuction YUUKA, right??
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

I actually like ALI PROJECT so I thought the soundtrack was great.
destai

Post by destai »

Fenris wrote:I actually like ALI PROJECT so I thought the soundtrack was great.
I DONT UNDERSTAND.
Onikasu

Post by Onikasu »

//ROOTS did not suck entirely but it certainly was not as download cazy / praise worthy as Yuki Kajiura's music, so I think were just used to being spoiled. Besides how many threads can you find ANYWHERE asking where to get //ROOTS music?
I only liked a few of the songs myself, but I didnt have any songs that made my ears bleed. :)
Phyllo27

Post by Phyllo27 »

well i kinda like the music... and im a fan of the dot hack//sign music too :3. In roots i guess the music was a bit different :p but it still fit the anime.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

I'm not really into ALI PROJECT's style, at best I can describe it as an acquired taste. Some were ok, but some irritaed me alot. Their end credit song was catchy though.

They should have stuck with Kajiura though. Ironically enough Silly-go-round was my favorite, which is performed by FICTIONJUNCTION YUUKA, and is therefore made and produced by Kajiura.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Phyllo27 wrote:well i kinda like the music... and im a fan of the dot hack//sign music too :3. In roots i guess the music was a bit different :p but it still fit the anime.
Bumping is fun, isn't it?

How the hell can you hate ALI PROJECT? Their style is totally unique and awesome, you all are just way too used to "normal" music to like anything different.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Mellow Grunty wrote:How the hell can you hate ALI PROJECT? Their style is totally unique and awesome, you all are just way too used to "normal" music to like anything different.
Oh my gosh, luvs. <3

Indeed, my opinion now is if Kajiura had done the music again, it would've been too much like all her other work, and therefore I would have found it boring.
Kajiura ain't the only good composer out there, you know. :P
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

i agree
Musashi Kojira

Post by Musashi Kojira »

Mellow Grunty wrote:
Phyllo27 wrote:well i kinda like the music... and im a fan of the dot hack//sign music too :3. In roots i guess the music was a bit different :p but it still fit the anime.
Bumping is fun, isn't it?

How the hell can you hate ALI PROJECT? Their style is totally unique and awesome, you all are just way too used to "normal" music to like anything different.
Sorry, but different and/or unique does not always equal better. In my honest opinion, ROOTS' music demonstrates this fact with flying colors.

I'll say it with no regrets, I absolutely hated the majority of ROOTS' music. I'm all for being unique. However, the "unique" presented in ROOTS music is equivalent to someone acting and/or dressing like a fool in public for the sake of being "unique or different".

At first I simply thought ALI PROJECT's style would be one that would just grow on me. However, it never did. I found it just as annoying when I finished ROOTS as I did when I first started it.

Granted, saying I hate 90% of ROOTS music may be a bit extreme. I believe 75-80% would be more accurate.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

This kind of debate is the one that goes nowhere, why? Because everyone has a different opinion, a different taste in music; I could go and criticize a certain singer/band just because I think s/he has no talent at all, but someone somewhere is going to disagree with me.
As for my opinion on this, I like some songs of ALI PROJECT, maybe not all of them; I wouldn't go as far as saying 9/10 songs in Roots suck, because, as I said, it's just a matter of opinion.
Twilight Gaiden

Post by Twilight Gaiden »

Personally, I preferred SIGN's music as well.

I'm with Wander on this one.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

There were a lot of songs that I didn't particularly like, but then there were a lot of songs I did like as well. The ones I didn't like were the ones that really just seemed like background music with hardly any kind of substance in them. They were slow, drawn-out, and just... well... boring to listen to. Overall I'd say I liked Roots' soundtrack, but it doesn't hold a candle to .hack//SIGN's. To this day I haven't heard any music come out of the .hack franchise that could top .hack//SIGN's.
Rare Item

Post by Rare Item »

I like ALI PROJECT, but I think that the OST just didn't match the anime's theme... :S
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

i agree, they could have done better with roots