What happened to Zefie?

shikiaki

What happened to Zefie?

Post by shikiaki »

I've been wondering that for a while after watching the movie a week ago (I know.. I'm late on that...)

But I've been wondering... What happened to Zefie? I thought for a moment that Sora saw Zefie in the end but I guess it turns out to be Aura. Because that Aura looked smaller than the Aura that was in the beginning or it could just be my random opinion...

But really... She only appeared in Twilight Bracelet...

Sadivinedevil

Re: What happened to Zefie?

Post by Sadivinedevil »

shikiaki wrote:I've been wondering that for a while after watching the movie a week ago (I know.. I'm late on that...)

But I've been wondering... What happened to Zefie? I thought for a moment that Sora saw Zefie in the end but I guess it turns out to be Aura. Because that Aura looked smaller than the Aura that was in the beginning or it could just be my random opinion...

But really... She only appeared in Twilight Bracelet...

Lycoris from AI buster is reincarnated as Zefie, from what I've read, so Zefie by her association to Lycoris was also in AI Buster.

I really haven't given it much thought but yeah Zefie hasn't really been reintroduced, she might have been in Link for the legend of the twilight segment but I don't really remember. Since Lycoris was a prototype of Aura then Zefie her reincarnation looks like Aura as well. The Young Aura in the movie is more of a symbolic choice which works well for the scene. It shows that she wanted to grow up more, evolve, to take on the virus.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Ok:
1) Lycoris was an earlier attempt at Aura, so she has a connection to Aura and Zefie data-wise.
2) According to the Terminal Disc, Zefie is encountered by Jun Banshoya on the last day of The World. She cryptically explains where Aura has gone, and that she make be following Aura's lead.
3) Zefie's past self appears in .hack//Link, but unlike Aura I don't believe her present self ever does.
shikiaki

Post by shikiaki »

It's like she really had no true purpose... I thought they would someday...
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Legend of the Twilight Bracelet is like the red headed step-child of the series. It wouldn't surprise me if we never heard of Zefie ever again...which is disappointing to some...probably.
Thought it is a kinda big thing to just abandon.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They tie it up nicely enough. The World ends, she goes away. LotTB is more the "bookend" of the first season of .hack, the first chapter was the very first part of .hack ever released and the last chapter was the end of the season. So it's fitting that the material filling in the gap between seasons refers to it several times.
shikiaki

Post by shikiaki »

Bullet Biter wrote:Legend of the Twilight Bracelet is like the red headed step-child of the series. It wouldn't surprise me if we never heard of Zefie ever again...which is disappointing to some...probably.
So it's like. Since the book (canon supposedly) and the anime (non-canon supposedly) are so different, some will miss Zefie some will not.

I do miss Zefie. I shake my fists on you LotTB!! How dare you not make them similar!
Kuukai wrote:They tie it up nicely enough. The World ends, she goes away. LotTB is more the "bookend" of the first season of .hack, the first chapter was the very first part of .hack ever released and the last chapter was the end of the season. So it's fitting that the material filling in the gap between seasons refers to it several times.
I guess we could think of it that way... But Aura still survives.. So in a way it doesn't make sense to me.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Zefie says she's going away, it makes sense to me. Aura didn't choose to come back.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Bullet Biter wrote:Legend of the Twilight Bracelet is like the red headed step-child of the series. It wouldn't surprise me if we never heard of Zefie ever again...which is disappointing to some...probably.
Legend of the Twilight always seemed like a successor to AI Buster to me, the manga not the anime. If you think of it as sort of a sequel to AI Buster it's actually one of the best manga's in the series. I think Legend of the Twilight's main purpose was to be a comedic bridge between the two main series at the time which is probably why there isn't much elaboration on it later on in the series.