Dot hack//Movie !

Keyaki

Re: Dot hack//Movie !

Post by Keyaki »

VirusCoreS wrote:I may made some baseless assumption, but, in the 12 minutes trailer, the black-haired boy with glasses was hospitalized,
and it remind me of Orca (since Yasuhiko in the end of .hack//xxxx pictured as black haired glassed boy too)
of course i can be mistaken too...

it seems like history repeat itself?

and 'Balmung' confess to 'Kite' :9
Its not repeating itself. That's not Kite and that's not Balmung.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

That's why i used quote when saying their name.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I didn't understand a damn word, but I feel like happy crying watching the end.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

You didn't even understand the parts when the american people spoke english? :p
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I meant the ending, I fast forwarded it to see how it ended. I gathered Sora had some of Kite's data in her pc, and it some how revived Aura to her old self. Im guessing that part of Kite's data had the bracelet or whatever Aura's power she put into Kite, but like I said, couldnt understand a word. Besides Kaito and the rejection Balmung got at the end.

Seeing little Aura playing in the garden so happy and carelessly, going up to a stressed/crying Sora, accepting the data and becoming the savior again. Tearjerking.
StorMyu

Post by StorMyu »

Question: what is the
Special DVD: ".hack//Extension Disc"

I want this but I don't know if I'm suicidal enough to buy the "The world" edition just for a bonus DVD
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

While I was browsing the Youtube network for any .hack//The Movie and .hack//Versus related videos, a Youtuber name "CardboardTule" has uploaded two videos of the movie; one is Sora's Training in The World and the other is a BIG SPOILER of the ending scene. Another few videos uploaded by "CardboardTule" are OST videos from the .hack//Versus. Better go see it for yourself if you want. For my perspective is now I want to buy the The World edition set. Do not care of spending that much cash in Play-Asia.com, I want to collect it for my collection as I am just a fan of the dothack community.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

The Extension disc has bonus videos on it. The .hack//LiVE sessions, trailers of the first two versions of the movie. Sora has pigtails in the first one. The second one is anime and apparently Sora was going to be a badass at the end. Then there is this video of Aura trapped in a cage. And some videos of voice actors and stuff.

Tule here and I uploaded the video of Aura in the cage, as well as the .hack//Versus storyline. Or the cutscenes anyways. Not the best quality, but better than nothing. Until someone uploads a nicer version. Other versions might already be up, haven't looked.
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

I was wondering... since I missed the pre-order for the .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni + Versus Hybrid Pack [The World] edition, Play-Asia has no longer have the available stocks from it. Are there any other sites to order the edition? I am planning of ordering it.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

If you are looking for The World Edition there are several ebay sellers or here: http://www.yesasia.com/global/hack-seka ... /info.html

Also for those looking for .hack//Sora: http://www.yesasia.com/global/hack-sora ... /info.html
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Finally saw this movie now. Or atleast, now in a way I could understand everything. I was surprised how much I liked it. The acting of the characters seemed pretty natural somehow (which isn't usually the case for anime) and they
mixed in some different subplots - although I felt a bit bad  for Tomohiko/Balder until the end. I guess this confounding with his friend was even somewhat believable considering the online/offline behavior of gamers like them.
But I think the characters I liked the most were Grandpa (he is just an adorable cool old guy) and David. Damn, even his avatar was awesome. Now I am curious to know what exactly happens in Thanatos, hope someone will sub this
as well or upload a .txt file somewhere. Can't really complain about the CGI either, since I don't watch many movies of that kind anyway - let's say that it was fitting to the MMORPG setting. Maybe the end could have been a bit longer overall
 (it seemed like the players were a bit too easily persuaded to help, considering the danger Virus Bug - or The World, since they didn't know about that thing I guess - emitted for everyone them). But I think I liked the movie pretty much overall.