Any info about Kite/Sora? spoilers ahead.

Juno

Re: Any info about Kite/Sora? spoilers ahead.

Post by Juno »

Kuukai wrote:There is no way either is Kite's daughter, and especially not granddaughter (if he had a daughter at 24, which is weird, she'd only be one in 2021 and four in 2024, and Sora isn't Mireille). Sure it's fiction, but there's a degree of realism to it. Plus, Sora apparently doesn't even know about The World or Aura. I guess it could happen, but it wouldn't be part of a "pattern."
Though I would agree with you, I question CC2 and their time-baby logic after realizing that Amagi Jyotarou was 16 when his 25-year-old mother died. XD

Tokio, though, is much more redeeming in the game than in the manga, since he's very mature and doesn't make horrible decisions during his time as protagonist. He's truly a strong character who was a bit confused after being brought into the game at first, but then warmed up and by the end, became the kind of character others look up to, instead of the other way around. At least, that's what I got out of him. Once he got the hang of things, he acted more like the kind of hero he once looked up to... Granted, you can't expect TOO much to come out of a normal middle-schooler. >.>;

ANYWAY, about the actual topic...
I'd have to get my booklet out, but it's obvious that we don't know too much about Kite(Sora) because the creators don't want us to know too much. XD
In some pictures, she has a braid on the back of her head, though I think that was only her beta design. I don't remember seeing it in the game.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Juno wrote:Though I would agree with you, I question CC2 and their time-baby logic after realizing that Amagi Jyotarou was 16 when his 25-year-old mother died. XD
Ayaka was his aunt, and I forget the ages but iirc he was younger than 16...
Juno wrote:In some pictures, she has a braid on the back of her head, though I think that was only her beta design. I don't remember seeing it in the game.
No, that's probably an early version of Sakuya, which I suspected when the first Quantum pics came out. Note that it says they take place in The World R:X, while the 2024 trailer shows us Sora's story takes place in The World -4th Era-, and so does some different concept art.
Jxcrust

Post by Jxcrust »

Kuukai wrote:What did you ask for? The trailer? Most of the text is translated in other posts... It's in The World, just the fourth version of it...
Yeah I'm a little confused about that too... The fourth version? So does it go like... The World R1 (Sign, Legend of Twilight, OG Games), The World R2: (Roots, GU Games, Trilogy), The World RX: (Link Magna & Link PSP), and so the fourth version is The World R? (Quantum)?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

The 4th version of the game. .hack sure has come along way. I wonder how Sora is connected to this.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There is no R, Quantum takes place in R:X. The movie Sora is in takes place in The World -4th Era-. Also, as part of the recent string of weird glitches some of the posts in this thread are invisible. You can see them if you hit "post reply" and read the topic through "topic review" at the bottom of the screen. Hopefully the database will eventually cooperate...
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Oh so it is no 4th version. Thanks for clearing that up.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Let's see if we can kick discussion up a notch by giving the movie its own forum. All in all we know more about it right now than Quantum...
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Is there more information about Genius' associate for the fourth era?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Is there more information about Genius' associate for the fourth era?
There hasn't been any news in a while, but there might be something I haven't mentioned. Obviously he's someone Genius finds very capable, and who's hands aren't tied. Genius is a jerk who talks down to everyone, but there seems to be some respect in his voice here. He appears to be outside of CC Corp, everything Genius tells him is in violation of Trade Secrets laws. He also appears to be non-Japanese, between his hair color and his statement that visiting Japan was like coming home. He's never been to Kyushu. He seems to be exactly the right person for the job, it sounds like he has a much better understanding of the situation than the person over the radio. "It's an even faster transmission rate than we expected." "No, it's exactly what I expected. It's close to the worst case scenario." He's familiar with the Immortal Dusk Incident. Honestly as much as I want him to be a returning character, unless he's Helba I don't see anyone who could fit the profile...

I think probably the biggest question I have about him right now is how his 2d story ties into the 3d one. Is there another movie? Is it all one integrated thing? Is he going to show up in Quantum? Is he actually going to be in 3d, and the 2d clip was just for Link? Does he have something to do with the manga that apparently didn't die?

Also I don't think the fishing shack background in his video is canon, based on the fact you see it in the video and he's never been there before that video... The location given is the Amakusa Gulf (in western Kyushu), but I'm not sure if that's where he is or where the helicopter is or both. 4:17am seems a little early for the sun to come up, but I would think that's Japan time he's supposedly somewhere in Kyushu so I guess it's just what's happening. Also note they seem to be investigating some sort of coastal data facility. The closeup says "CC415-MYM58-HS48 JUN 2012 CyberConnect Co,ltd.", implying it dates back to 2012.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Am I the only one who has far greater interest in this than Quantum? The early bird cameo of Sora kinda made me want to see whatever it was >_>
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I do too, this seems a lot more important and epic. I mean, this is the end. Even though my (entirely baseless) hunch is that Quantum will end up being about AIKA (perhaps about a "quantum" of AIDA that survives), and if that's the case I really want to see it, but for right now I'm really concerned with what happens to Aura. Not to mention the entire planet. And just seeing an original CC2 movie that isn't a decently-done-for-what-it-is but fundamentally ill-conceived rehashing of a 90-hour game series I already know the narrative to by heart. The music sounds amazing. The real-world guy is amazing. Sora is amazing. The plot is intriguing--it sets the stage for pretty much any ending you could possibly conceive. Humanity could be raptured away. Aura could become human. Emma could come back from the grave Caprica style. Or it could be something totally ambiguous and thought-provoking that we'll be talking about about for the next decade. I want this now.
(Phantom) Thief

Kuukai wrote:The closeup says "CC415-MYM58-HS48 JUN 2012 CyberConnect Co,ltd.", implying it dates back to 2012.
I'm not blind. Maybe first to gun but no not sightless. Because that's Jun's name... Does anyone sense a theme here or is this an example of watching static? It could be the month though.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, I was thinking it's most likely the month.

EDIT: Matsuyama just said the 3rd season goes from 2020-2025, and .hack ends in 2025. We know this is near the end of 2024, but I wonder if stretches into the next year or there's an epilogue or what...
(Phantom) Thief

Kuukai wrote:EDIT: Matsuyama just said the 3rd season goes from 2020-2025, and .hack ends in 2025. We know this is near the end of 2024, but I wonder if stretches into the next year or there's an epilogue or what...
Interesting. If we follow the trend most of the series ended around the 24th so its probably an epilogue. Still Matsuyama's word is gold so... stand alone extension?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, it might just be an epilogue, or the movie might even take place then. The last scene with Genius's friend is near the end of the year, on November 2nd, 2024. New Testament says the third season is from 2020-2024, but that could have changed. Obviously the time for all the movie previews in Link is kinda confusing, they don't quite match the dates given for them in the Akashic Records, and the one with genius's friend takes place in both 2021 and 2024 with that continuity issue I mentioned regarding the scenery...
alphawolf1011

Post by alphawolf1011 »

zaseo wrote:Does anyone know info about Kite/Sora? So far all I know is that she is going to be in the anime, she has some thing following her, and has a similar avatar like Kite(IMOQ).
Isnt kite a GUY THO????? :?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

alphawolf1011 wrote:
zaseo wrote:Does anyone know info about Kite/Sora? So far all I know is that she is going to be in the anime, she has some thing following her, and has a similar avatar like Kite(IMOQ).
Isnt kite a GUY THO????? :?
Kite from the original games, as well as some anime episode, yes.
Sora, from certain extra events in .Hack//LINK and this not-yet-released movie, no.

This is the Kite/Sora they're talking about. She's called Sora, however people refer to her as Kite/Sora (or 2024 Sora) to avoid confusion with both Sora and Kite from the first generation of .Hack:

And BTW, not only this is an inactive topic by now (last post was in Sept 2010)...but also one that will spoil alot of details and information to you, details about the last generation of .Hack. This all happens long after the events of GU.
alphawolf1011

Post by alphawolf1011 »

has the move come out yey? ive tryed 2 find it but cant
(Phantom) Thief

Nothing has been mentioned for the movie. Since then Quantum is the only series that has appeared.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

TheSorrow wrote:This is the Kite/Sora they're talking about. She's called Sora, however people refer to her as Kite/Sora (or 2024 Sora) to avoid confusion with both Sora and Kite from the first generation of .Hack
Technically her PC name appears to be "Kite" because she has Kite's actual PC data, and "Sora" is believed to be the name of the player. So Link calls her "Kite (Sora)".

Saying "nothing has been mentioned" makes it sound like there's some possibility it was cancelled. It's been mentioned several times recently, including when Hiroshi Matsuyama said they're still working on it on his blog, and when he said the .hack timeline ends at 2025 at an Archives signing.