2024 - Unknown

Tamashi

2024 - Unknown

Post by Tamashi »

Well, after beating .hack//Link with most side-quests done, a new era appeared in .hack time line. It title was "Unknown". I played the first block of this "unknown" era...and I was shocked. What the heck? Is this some new .hack series announcement?
I found this movie on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiKGUvaUjyM
There's still 2 more blocks that I didn't unlocked. Did someone unlocked all 3 movies?

PS. Sry for my english ^^
Heighth

Re: 2024 - Unknown

Post by Heighth »

I havent watched your vid yet but I do recall CC2 is supposed to be doing a .hack// like but different series for ds. that may be it
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

I saw that video too (on youtube) and it seems pretty interesting. It's seems to introduce the main character (another Kite clone though) of the upcoming movie or anime they want wo make. The woman with the long hair at 0:17 is Aura I suppose(?)...
But who is the man at 0:24?
Well lets wait until someone has unlocked the other two movies....
d5t

Post by d5t »

Tamashi wrote:Well, after beating .hack//Link with most side-quests done, a new era appeared in .hack time line. It title was "Unknown". I played the first block of this "unknown" era...and I was shocked. What the heck? Is this some new .hack series announcement?
There's still 2 more blocks that I didn't unlocked. Did someone unlocked all 3 movies?

Hey Tamashi, do you have better quality of your video? I would love to post it on dothackers main page.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Balmung and Orca still playing the game? Damn. Quit while y'all are still legendary and not just sad. Or maybe they are just babysitting Kite's kid.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

It's official then...there's still more .Hack after LINK. Four new years after, in fact.

It's obviously way too interesting to hear more about it, it might be after all, the beginning of a new .Hack series. I don't have much hope after LINK, but still, i'm interested in this >3>'
Tamashi

Post by Tamashi »

d5t wrote:
Tamashi wrote:Well, after beating .hack//Link with most side-quests done, a new era appeared in .hack time line. It title was "Unknown". I played the first block of this "unknown" era...and I was shocked. What the heck? Is this some new .hack series announcement?

Hey Tamashi, do you have better quality of your video? I would love to post it on dothackers main page.
Unfortunately, not ;<. Actually, I can't record psp games with sound, so I found this movie on youtube.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Tolby wrote:Balmung and Orca still playing the game? Damn. Quit while y'all are still legendary and not just sad. Or maybe they are just babysitting Kite's kid.
I am not sure but maybe they are, too, new characters (maybe they're are also female xD) like this Kite-clone. Maybe they loved the old legends and the legendary three heroes or something like that and copied their outfits. I don't think the old ones are still playing The World after so many years.
Exotahu

Post by Exotahu »

Wasn't Link supposed to be the absolute final installment of .hack//?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Exotahu wrote:Wasn't Link supposed to be the absolute final installment of .hack//?
This is all speculation - the PV could be for the upcoming anime or something else. Seems like it is still link related, although I would prefer if CC2 lied to our faces and another game was on its way. :D
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

d5t wrote:
Exotahu wrote:Wasn't Link supposed to be the absolute final installment of .hack//?
Seems like it is still link related, although I would prefer if CC2 lied to our faces and another game was on its way. :D
This. Oh man, I sure hope it doesnt end with //LINK.

(I know I'll get shot for this but I would really enjoy it if it was an actual "The World" MMO with the special characters from the previous games as important NPCs. They could even have quests that resemble the events in the games, like Aura's NPC could give you an untradeable "Twilight Bracelet" that can only be used on special "Virus-class" enemies, and you need to data drain like 5, and when you turn the quest in you lose the bracelet, things like that)
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Most likely this is for the anime. I doubt another game's on the way, or to be more precise, I doubt another game labeled ".hack" is on the way.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

"Coming this fall 2012 !hack" Lul, but yea if not a .hack game then it would be like "The World" or something.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

d5t wrote:
This is all speculation - the PV could be for the upcoming anime or something else. Seems like it is still link related, although I would prefer if CC2 lied to our faces and another game was on its way. :D
Well I hope the same as well also anyone else hear about CC2's upcoming ds game?
Dizzyfan999

Post by Dizzyfan999 »

what is the name of the song that plays during this? i have the ost, but i dont reconzie it
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Adhemas wrote:
Tolby wrote:Balmung and Orca still playing the game? Damn. Quit while y'all are still legendary and not just sad. Or maybe they are just babysitting Kite's kid.
I am not sure but maybe they are, too, new characters (maybe they're are also female xD) like this Kite-clone. Maybe they loved the old legends and the legendary three heroes or something like that and copied their outfits. I don't think the old ones are still playing The World after so many years.
That had crossed my mind, but they are coming off as old and original. Like the old foggies that still have fight in them. Not young and new. Like this young Kite. But really, it was only a joke.
freedom31

Post by freedom31 »

hmmm apparently CC2 left some data within the game for this new "kite". can be paired up as UPC via cheats. also this new character has a girls VA when fighting and does some pretty girly moves like swinging arms and standing funny does this mean that he is a SHE??. weird, was she supposed to be a planned UPC that got scrapped??
btw here's the cross rengeki with her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMepjLP-GwY

i didnt post this on youtube i just happen to have found it along with the cheats.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

freedom31 wrote:hmmm apparently CC2 left some data within the game for this new "kite". can be paired up as UPC via cheats. also this new character has a girls VA when fighting and does some pretty girly moves like swinging arms and standing funny does this mean that he is a SHE??. weird, was she supposed to be a planned UPC that got scrapped??
btw here's the cross rengeki with her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMepjLP-GwY

i didnt post this on youtube i just happen to have found it along with the cheats.
I'm almost 100% sure that this Kite is not a UPC that got scrapped, or one that can be obtained only by cheat codes...there's information about "her" in that magazine-thing-whatever-it-is, there's this "2024" section where you're supposed to get her and see other characters, and she seems to be a fully functioning character, able to be obtained and used normally without any trouble. So, all points to her being a hidden/secret character, but able to be obtained through normal means. It just seems like most people preferred to go ahead and immediatly use cheat codes instead of trying to finish the whole game...or they just reached the ending and declared it over XD
And yeah...since that Kite looks all effeminate, in the way of moving and behaving, and has a female VA (that does sound like a female...since Tokio also has a female VA XD), it pretty much has to be a girl. Or a young, timid and clumsy, girly-like guy.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

Y'know what this chick needs..................Data drain. Its only fair. Also it just occured to me...this could be X'Over or whatever that new series was supposed to be called. The one with all the answers THIS MUST BE IT!!
freedom31

Post by freedom31 »

TheSorrow wrote:
freedom31 wrote:hmmm apparently CC2 left some data within the game for this new "kite". can be paired up as UPC via cheats. also this new character has a girls VA when fighting and does some pretty girly moves like swinging arms and standing funny does this mean that he is a SHE??. weird, was she supposed to be a planned UPC that got scrapped??

I'm almost 100% sure that this Kite is not a UPC that got scrapped, or one that can be obtained only by cheat codes...there's information about "her" in that magazine-thing-whatever-it-is, there's this "2024" section where you're supposed to get her and see other characters, and she seems to be a fully functioning character, able to be obtained and used normally without any trouble. So, all points to her being a hidden/secret character, but able to be obtained through normal means. It just seems like most people preferred to go ahead and immediatly use cheat codes instead of trying to finish the whole game...or they just reached the ending and declared it over XD
And yeah...since that Kite looks all effeminate, in the way of moving and behaving, and has a female VA (that does sound like a female...since Tokio also has a female VA XD), it pretty much has to be a girl. Or a young, timid and clumsy, girly-like guy.
I guess wat your saying about kite(sora) being a secret/hidden character is true, she is fully playable after all. wat a way for CC2 to tease its fans by putting in a unknown UPC for the future installments. but now kite's image is somewhat ruined to me due to the extreme feminism displayed by her