Introduction and Quantum+

Bullet Biter

Introduction and Quantum+

Post by Bullet Biter »

Boy don't I just always have a million questions about Quantum.

I wanted to ask is that I know Introduction is considered canon, but does it have any really "useful" information or is it more of a fun sidestory? Since it'll be a good long time before I'm fluent enough to read it myself I thought I'd ask out of curiosity. (and I also can't find a summary of it anywhere)

Also, with Quantum+ I'm not sure if it's considered canon or not.
The + implies it's like GU+ but GU+ radically changed things and had to deal with much more information than Quantum had. So I'm unsure of what occurs in Quantum+ is non-canon or if it could be considered an expansion on Quantum since it was limited to a mere 3 episodes.
Sadivinedevil

Re: Introduction and Quantum+

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I don't know much about Quantum+ but generally speaking the alternative series, X-forth, G.U. Novels, and G.U.+, are considered non cannon. They get the same major plot points through which means reading them doesn't completely change the outcome. The only alternative series that I think is considered cannon is Another Birth since it is basically the original 4 games from Blackrose's perspective. I actually prefer it to the original 4 games because it goes into a lot more detail than the games did.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Sadivinedevil wrote:I don't know much about Quantum+ but generally speaking the alternative series, X-forth, G.U. Novels, and G.U.+, are considered non cannon. They get the same major plot points through which means reading them doesn't completely change the outcome. The only alternative series that I think is considered cannon is Another Birth since it is basically the original 4 games from Blackrose's perspective. I actually prefer it to the original 4 games because it goes into a lot more detail than the games did.
Yeah you're right there. I was just curious since Quantum was so short so it wouldn't be like they were changing anything just adding on, unlike GU+ and the novels where they both went in completely different directions than the games.
Wishful thinking on my part I guess since I really did enjoy Quantum.

Also, I'm giving you a gold star for the Another Birth thing. I don't know many other people who share that preference.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I'm sorry I haven't seen anything from Quantum+, so I can't really help you. If Quantum+ does get released outside of japan I'm kind of hopeful that it explores the characters more since the short length of the OVA didn't allow for enough character development in my opinion.

Another birth was definitely an improvement over the source material, especially with book 3 and 4, and it is honestly my favorite entry in the series along with Cell.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Well for the most part I think I Introduction comes off pretty light. I haven't scanned anything but from what I'm seeing, there is a something important in the plot about the items used in Quantum. It runs somewhat similar to Legend of The Twilight Bracelet. Meanwhile like .hack//Quantum Twin Hearts, Quantum + appears to be more of an addition to the series than any thing less. I wouldn't consider the manga canon since the series has dimension to run by but because .hack has a history of taking from each media I defiantly wouldn't work on calling it any sort of hard hogwash either. I think them as light G.U. Novels...

EDIT: From Ebay

I Introduction:

Quantum +: