Some small things I noticed in Quantum

the_hermit

Some small things I noticed in Quantum

Post by the_hermit »

I recently saw Quantum for a second time. I really enjoyed it.

Those women in the Net Slum area resemble Skeith. THey both have those "halo" things on their head. Also similar colourschemes to GU Skeith. They seem to represent Grim Reaper archetypes so I'm sure this was intentional. Also, this one is probably a coincidence, but in the first two episode titles they use special characters. A Christian cross and a Phi/Q thing. Those were both the shape of Skeiths wands in different versions of .hack//.
(Phantom) Thief

Re: Some small things I noticed in Quantum

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

That a nice observation. The Q for Skeith's wand from game series is actually a form of censorship so maybe not its related. Also is the character you are taking about Sophia?

[*] (Black): http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Sophia.png
[*] (White): http://www.cc2.co.jp/blog_test/wp-conte ... 206_06.jpg
[*] (Type 1 & 2): http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/006/4 ... 2dffee.jpg
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

In that extra cartoon thing with Sakuya, they talk about the Phi and its significance in the whole quantum theme of things.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:That a nice observation. The Q for Skeith's wand from game series is actually a form of censorship so maybe not its related.
The Q was definitely due to the fact that Skeith's wand resembled a cross, but in SIGN or at least the version of SIGN I have seen it is a Q. Then again it is interchangeable throughout the series, depending on whether it is censored or not. I personally like the Q over the cross, but then again it's a minor detail.
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

Hermit and Mia male/female characters = AI (Hermit= real player, stuck in coma during movie(except the first part where you see a little 10 year old boy in the hospital bed playing the world*parents crying*))
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The area isn't Net Slum, it's the digital penitentiary. Like Net Slum it exists outside of the official server but unlike Net Slum it isn't a place that trash data just tends to gather, anyone there is there for a reason.

The "women" aren't related to Skeith, as mentioned in the movie they are a mass-produced version of Aura called Sophia, in addition to mind-controlled players of The World.

The episode titles have even less to do with Skeith. As explained in the Chim Chim shorts, each episode title contains a Greek letter variable from the Schrödinger's quantum theory wave equation.