.hack//Roots details from ITMedia

Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Shinsou Wotan wrote:I mean the guy who looks like he has a plant growing out of his head. According to that page, his name is read as "Sakisaka".
It was confirmed that the plant-headed Steam Gunner was called Kousaka, as you can see on the .hack//ROOTS page of dothackers.
Shinsou Wotan wrote:Perhaps I was too subtle. As best I can tell from how things are said, that "like" may well be in the romantic sense of the word.
I thought the way it was said was a bit suspect. So Tabby is romantically linked to Shino? Does this mean that they are an item or that Tabby admires Shino from afar? How deep is this connection and will it develop at all during the series?
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

Umbra wrote:I thought the way it was said was a bit suspect. So Tabby is romantically linked to Shino? Does this mean that they are an item or that Tabby admires Shino from afar? How deep is this connection and will it develop at all during the series?
let's not get too far ahead of ourselve's just yet.

1 we don't know anything in extreme depth about them(minus the charicter explanation's, but we can wait for them)

2 it could be something like Tsukassa and subaru in sign(very slight possibility)

3it could be as stated by Umbra.

any mature fan will appreciate it for whatever it may be(if anything)
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Umbra wrote:It was confirmed that the plant-headed Steam Gunner was called Kousaka, as you can see on the .hack//ROOTS page of dothackers.
Right, and Shinsou is trying to point out that on this page, he's referred to, for whatever reason, in Hiragana and Kanji, as "Sakisaka" (さきさか), not Kousaka.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Maromi wrote:Right, and Shinsou is trying to point out that on this page, he's referred to, for whatever reason, in Hiragana and Kanji, as "Sakisaka" (さきさか), not Kousaka.
Regardless of whether or not Shinsou was trying to point out that he was referred to as 'Sakisaka', it was already confirmed on Dothackers that his name was Kousaka.

We should simply put that issue aside for the moment, as it is near impossible to tell which name is correct until he is mentioned again elsewhere.

The identity of one of the silhouetted characters here was, in fact, confirmed a while ago. The red silhouette on the right side of the poster appears to be Hyouoku.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

The red guy does look a little like Hyouoku, the green one appears to be that Blade charather with Haseo in one of the screen shots.
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

Umbra wrote:Regardless of whether or not Shinsou was trying to point out that he was referred to as 'Sakisaka', it was already confirmed on Dothackers that his name was Kousaka.
The "confirmation" you so speak of was done by me. GPara had the name as Kousaka (勾坂) yet ITMedia has the name as Sakisaka (匂坂). Small change in character leads to different reading. The issue at hand is more of which news outfit was right in spelling this name correctly.
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Umbra wrote:Regardless of whether or not Shinsou was trying to point out that he was referred to as 'Sakisaka', it was already confirmed on Dothackers that his name was Kousaka.
Uh...you do realize that I, Velocity 7, and d5t work together on these confirmations you speak of, right? The issue we're having is a nuance between our sources, like velocity7 said, so his name could be one or the other, at this point. After seeing this, it's not set in stone that his name is Kousaka, as GPara states.
Shikuza_Ame

Post by Shikuza_Ame »

I wonder though, if some of the characters that appear in Roots will make an appearnce in GU.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Maromi wrote:Uh...you do realize that I, Velocity 7, and d5t work together on these confirmations you speak of, right? The issue we're having is a nuance between our sources, like velocity7 said, so his name could be one or the other, at this point. After seeing this, it's not set in stone that his name is Kousaka, as GPara states.
Like I said, we should simply put that issue aside for the moment, as it is near impossible to tell which name is correct until he is mentioned again elsewhere.

In fact, I am prepared to agree that his name is Sakisaka, rather than Kousaka, as it is stated not only on ITMedia, but on AnimeNewsNetwork.
wave killer wrote:The red guy does look a little like Hyouoku, the green one appears to be that Blade charather with Haseo in one of the screen shots.
I thought that may be the truth, however, this blade character appears to be a boy, while the green silhouette is clearly a girl. The only female character that has yet to be given a confirmed appearence is Ender, so I would assume that it is her.
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

Would it be safe to assume that
The three silhouttes are the leaders of TaN?
Does TaN even have leaders?
And what in that poster is Haseo running from?

((Side note: I was right about the ITmedia translation? SCORE 1 FOR TENCHI!!! -dances- Okay i'm over it. -holds up Sakisaka sign- -smilez-))
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

I do't believe that the three silluoettes would be the leaders of TaN, sice Hyo was given as a character. You don't reveal villians like that. I think the figure in the very back is the Leader. Also another analytical thing i spotted that Haseo isn't running away but to something. Reaching for somethig he wants
Nenja

Post by Nenja »

TenshiNoYami wrote:Would it be safe to assume that
The three silhouttes are the leaders of TaN?
Does TaN even have leaders?
And what in that poster is Haseo running from?

((Side note: I was right about the ITmedia translation? SCORE 1 FOR TENCHI!!! -dances- Okay i'm over it. -holds up Sakisaka sign- -smilez-))
well guilds cant be formed whit not a leader,so yes TaN must have a leader.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Tsugasa-kun wrote:I do't believe that the three silluoettes would be the leaders of TaN, sice Hyo was given as a character. You don't reveal villians like that. I think the figure in the very back is the Leader. Also another analytical thing i spotted that Haseo isn't running away but to something. Reaching for somethig he wants
Assuming that the three silhouetted figures are members of TaN, then I would say that Hyouoku was simply an influential member of TaN.

I would agree that if any of the silhouettes are the leader, or Guildmaster, of TaN, then it would be the blue silhouette.

If these characters are to be revealed any time soon, then it will be in the next World magazine, which I assume will reveal the identities of Tawaraya, Ender, and Naobi.
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

Umbra wrote:In fact, I am prepared to agree that his name is Sakisaka, rather than Kousaka, as it is stated not only on ITMedia, but on AnimeNewsNetwork.
You do realize that ANN used info from ITmedia, and didn't find it anywhere else, right?
Nenja

Post by Nenja »

it look like the official site posted some ting about .hack//Roots and the magazine Vol3 at the news section
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

maybe Haseo is reaching out for help
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

TenshiNoYami wrote:maybe Haseo is reaching out for help
Reaching out to who, Shino? Or is he trying to save her from Tri-Edge? Well no offence to some of the Haseo fans but he kinda runs like a girl. (I'm sorry if I offended anyone).
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Well it looks like it doing well but I hope they do have an notice win they are going to bring it out to the US. but other wise I'll buy it on DVD.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

I have a feeling ROOTS should do just fine.

Edit: Thanks to a follow dothacker, a commercail for ROOTS has been found. It shows a little bit about the anime. For one the purple character in the poster Umbra showed is shown in the commercail, he appears to be a panther beast human, and appears to be the leader of TaN. Hyouoku also appears to be part of TaN, and (Not sure) that Blade character who Umbra and I believe to be Ender is a female and unless she can hold a dagger as a secondary weapon or is a multi-class, I'm guessing she is a Twin Sword.