Regarding flaming, harassment, and other issues: READ!

Maromi
moo.
moo.

Regarding flaming, harassment, and other issues: READ!

Post by Maromi »

First, I've recently noticed a number of unacceptable posts containing excessive and unnecessary flamage, childish name-calling, and harassment. I've repeatedly warned certain individuals, but I apparently wasn't getting through to them. Thus, they've been banned. Consider this announcement a warning - THE warning. If the administrators and moderators deem a certain post or thread downright offensive, insolent, and the like, the author will be banned without further warning, no questions asked. I was appauled by some of the ridiculous arguments I've seen in only one day. You can have an intelligent debate/discussion without throwing the word "n00b" around while immaturely dismissing another's case; it tells me you need to stay in school or go back, basically.

Second, if any of you notice an abundant amount of spam from a certain user and feel the need to report it, just PM either me, d5t, OrangeSlice, or any other moderator. Don't post in a thread, "lol this n00b has made 5 threads in 10 secs!!!11 rofl n00b." If you do, your post will be deleted and further action will be taken, if necessary. On a personal note, posts such as that also make me unbelievably nauseous, prompting me to throw up all over it. Avoid it. Also, WE will decide what's spam and what isn't - not YOU - so don't attack a fellow user because you think something is irrelevant or doesn't belong somewhere. Again, and I can't emphasize this enough, if, for some reason, you feel you are being harassed by another user, PM one of us and let us know - we'll look into it. Try to keep the drama off the forums, because it's annoying to have to sift through.

Third, because this site continues to grow each day with the announcements of more and more .hack projects, I ask of you all to please browse the forums and perform a search before creating a new topic like, "whos ur fave .hack character!!1" Chances are, it's been done 400,000 times before. It makes our lives a whole lot easier to not have to close 30 threads revolving around the same, exact topic.

I know I may sound like a jackass; but seriously, these types of occurrences have been popping up way too frequently for my taste. As I said, if you have any questions, comments, problems, complaints, issues, whatever, feel free to PM any of the admins and mods. Now, let's all play nicely.