Something strange I noticed in the .hack timeline.

striker

Something strange I noticed in the .hack timeline.

Post by striker »

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_ ... eries#2018

The New York Stock exchange is hacked, causing stock prices to hike worldwide.
December 24: Pluto's Kiss, almost all systems worldwide shut down for 77 minutes. The culprit is a 10-year-old boy living in Los Angeles.
Following Pluto's Kiss, all internet activity save for government or business purposes is restricted.

Bugs begin to appear in Altimit OS.
Winter:Jun Bansyoya assigned as the leader for Project G.U.
Jyotaro Amagi hired by CC Corp.
Spring: Mia is destroyed by CC Corp in order to extract her Epitaph data.
Summer: Something goes terribly wrong with Project G.U., resulting in the loss of about 80% of The World's data. Jyotaro Amagi starts a fire at CC Corp headquarters.
Autumn: Jun Bansyoya resigns from CC Corp, taking responsibility for the fire.
December 24:The World R:2 and ALTIMIT Mine OS are released to the public. The characters Ovan, Kuhn, Endrance, and Yata are created.

What I find strange is the 10-year-old is around the same age as Jyotaro in 2015.

Coincidence?
destai

Re: Something strange I noticed in the .hack timeline.

Post by destai »

yes, as its stated the 10 year old boy was given the death penalty and ultimately executed.
...........I THINK. They definitely did it with the deadly flash guy but I believe it happened with the 10 year old.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

The 10 year old was not executed, the Deadly Flash guy was the first and only one of it's kind if I recall correctly. While what the "10 year old" did was bad, it didn't kill anyone, now Deadly Flash did cause 300 or so people to die. So it is expected to be given that.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

Wouldn't that have still gone on the kid's permanent record? Unless his technical skill was all CC was hiring him for anyway... which I suppose is entirely possible.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's an interesting idea, but why was he living in Los Angeles? He was hired out of Tokyo iirc. I mean, families move, it just seems unlikely though.
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

He may have been a bachelor living alone at the time, so there'd be a few less ties to worry about with moving. And if a company the size of CC Corp wants to hire you badly enough, it wouldn't be entirely unusual for them to pay the expenses involved to get you relocated.
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

Well, it is possible for two people with computer skills to be born around the same time. The world is pretty populated, after all, and even more so in the future. Still, it's an interesting idea.
Kefkaownsall

Post by Kefkaownsall »

striker wrote:http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_ ... eries#2018
Well CC corp needed great programmers. Who betterthan the guy who broke the internet.
The New York Stock exchange is hacked, causing stock prices to hike worldwide.
December 24: Pluto's Kiss, almost all systems worldwide shut down for 77 minutes. The culprit is a 10-year-old boy living in Los Angeles.
Following Pluto's Kiss, all internet activity save for government or business purposes is restricted.

Bugs begin to appear in Altimit OS.
Winter:Jun Bansyoya assigned as the leader for Project G.U.
Jyotaro Amagi hired by CC Corp.
Spring: Mia is destroyed by CC Corp in order to extract her Epitaph data.
Summer: Something goes terribly wrong with Project G.U., resulting in the loss of about 80% of The World's data. Jyotaro Amagi starts a fire at CC Corp headquarters.
Autumn: Jun Bansyoya resigns from CC Corp, taking responsibility for the fire.
December 24:The World R:2 and ALTIMIT Mine OS are released to the public. The characters Ovan, Kuhn, Endrance, and Yata are created.

What I find strange is the 10-year-old is around the same age as Jyotaro in 2015.

Coincidence?